• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS, I Love You- Greg Miller's new PlayStation Podcast

The trouble is Greg and Colin have fostered a community that is taught not to question them. So many times they answer any criticism with if you don't like it fuck off, that it's really no surprise there is a section of fans that just blindly defend anything one of them says then attacks anyone that criticises it.

As a lot of people have said I feel most sorry for Tim in this. When kf started I had no idea who he was. But over time it's clear he is the one most concerned with constantly wanting to push kf forward and make it better.

Edit: I swear once he even said that he wouldn't vote for Colin for president or something to that effect which instantly gets him bonus points.

Meh that's with any fanbase like this. I also honestly doubt the "Best Friends" thing had any negligible effect on that. The community on the KF forums and reddit are reasonable. YouTube and Twitter seems the most contentious in regards to this specific scenario.

Mezoly

He said that he played for about an hour. Greg and Tim got review copies and Greg enjoyed the hell out of it. When he said it, Greg pretty much said "keep playing"

I just feel that he has a biased against anything Japanese developed that's not named mega man.

Nope. He likes the Tales of series, Ni No Kuni and a bunch of other Japanese games. Colin is the Japanese games guy in Kinda Funny. Colin is not giving games a fair chance anymore. If a game doesn't blow him away in the first hour, he won't play it.

TankRizzo

Banned
Nope. He likes the Tales of series, Ni No Kuni and a bunch of other Japanese games. Colin is the Japanese games guy in Kinda Funny. Colin is not giving games a fair chance anymore. If a game doesn't blow him away in the first hour, he won't play it.
And he only played a few hours of the latest Tales game and didn't say much after the embargo was up.

Zukkoyaki

I think it's more so he plays games with the intent to confirm his preconceived notions of them.

Look at the way he reacted to TLG and FXV, he shat on those games for years. Come release, he puts almost no time into them and shrugs them off. TLG was particularly brutal considering how he kept saying, "I'll keep an open mind." Then look at something like Mafia III which even he admitted wasn't good but still put something like 25 hours into because he went in expecting to love it. He did so while insisting you shouldn't spend time on games you aren't impressed with.

It's something I've noticed over the past year or so. His mind is almost always made up on a game before he even plays it. It's why I fully expect him to love the shit out of Days Gone regardless of how good it ends up being and to strongly dislike Dreams. He's been on Bend's nuts for awhile now and keeps definitely stating that Dreams is going to bomb.

TankRizzo

Banned
I think it's more so he plays games with the intent to confirm his preconceived notions of them.

Look at the way he reacted to TLG and FXV, he shat on those games for years. Come release, he puts almost no time into them and shrugs them off. TLG was particularly brutal considering how he kept saying, "I'll keep an open mind." Then look at something like Mafia III which even he admitted wasn't good but still put something like 25 hours into because he went in expecting to love it. He did so while insisting you shouldn't spend time on games you aren't impressed with.

It's something I've noticed over the past year or so. His mind is almost always made up on a game before he even plays it. It's why I fully expect him to love the shit out of Days Gone regardless of how good it ends up being and to strongly dislike Dreams. He's been on Bend's nuts for awhile now and keeps definitely stating that Dreams is going to bomb.
Spot fucking on. He was the same about Horizon and since he's on Guerilla's nuts is why he won't give zelda it's due as the better open world game. He said earlier about not liking the order is because he shat on it even before they were sent out to play it.

Adam made so many great points in that episode. It's great that he got the opportunity to run a game company, but at the same time hearing him speak on this stuff so well it's still kind of a shame he's not still there at a key position (like running third party relations) in Playstation. He's so good at it.

Yeah.

TankRizzo

Banned

Yeup. Same with mgsv. He let his preconceived notions of the game affect his enjoyment of it. He spent way more time with way more open world games that are far less focused, yet he basically just stopped playing mgsv because it wasn't a linear like the previous games.

jf DOOM

Yeup. Same with mgsv. He let his preconceived notions of the game affect his enjoyment of it. He spent way more time with way more open world games that are far less focused, yet he basically just stopped playing mgsv because it wasn't a linear like the previous games.

So the game wasn't what he was looking for out of a MGS game but he should force himself through it, to fit some sort of internet nerd quota? He actually said the hospital scene was incredible but when it opened up the game lost him.

fulsome

I don't normally post much, but I have come to love and fall out of love with Kinda Funny. I have noticed that their content just isn't for me anymore, the layout worked initially but I feel that their content is getting a little stale and like others have said, it might have to do with the workload that they put out.

Anyways, I'm curious, why does everyone care this much about what has happened? I see it on both sides, whether it is people beating up on KF for what has been happening or the people who seem to know what KF is like and just give them a pass.

If you don't like what they do, why don't you just ignore it? On the flip side, if you understand what they are like, why do you try to explain? I feel like a lot of the posts are just reinforcing the respective sides and hoping that the other side will understand.

This all reminds me of the arguing on the internet meme. Why not just move along and do what you feel is appropriate? I think it's pretty clear by now that nobody is going to change other people's opinions on things, so wouldn't it be easier to just move on?

ST2K

So the game wasn't what he was looking for out of a MGS game but he should force himself through it, to fit some sort of internet nerd quota? He actually said the hospital scene was incredible but when it opened up the game lost him.

No one said he should force himself through it. Maybe he should've changed his perspective and not expected something out of MGSV that it wasn't trying to be though. It reminds me of RE fans who hate one of the greatest games of all time -- RE4 -- because it "isn't Resident Evil." It's a clear case of personal expectations ruining something rather than anything the game did itself.

I don't normally post much, but I have come to love and fall out of love with Kinda Funny. I have noticed that their content just isn't for me anymore, the layout worked initially but I feel that their content is getting a little stale and like others have said, it might have to do with the workload that they put out.

Anyways, I'm curious, why does everyone care this much about what has happened? I see it on both sides, whether it is people beating up on KF for what has been happening or the people who seem to know what KF is like and just give them a pass.

Not all of us do.

Those that do though tend to be loud. And it doesn't really make sense to loudly and persistently proclaim your disinterest in a topic. =P

PieBlaCon

Neo Member
5X3gltY.jpg

Since deleted it seems, but an interesting response....

Spot fucking on. He was the same about Horizon and since he's on Guerilla's nuts is why he won't give zelda it's due as the better open world game. He said earlier about not liking the order is because he shat on it even before they were sent out to play it.

Colin's relationship with The Order is kinda weird to me. Pretty sure on the KF official "review discussion" on the Order right when it came out he said it was a good game. I do wonder if he felt pressure to not shit on it too hard because Colin and Greg did some promotional stuff for the game before it came out if I'm not mistaken, but I want to give him the benefit of the doubt and say his option just changed with time.

Pretty weird how it went from a good game to complete trash though.

jf DOOM

No one said he should force himself through it. Maybe he should've changed his perspective and not expected something out of MGSV that it wasn't trying to be though. It reminds me of RE fans who hate one of the greatest games of all time -- RE4 -- because it "isn't Resident Evil." It's a clear case of personal expectations ruining something rather than anything the game did itself.

Or he acted like most 30 something's do and recognized it wasn't for him and moved on. Instead of "changing his perspective" and pushing through something he wasn't feeling because...

Anticol

Banned
This part of Colin's Rubin Report Interview talks about how his coworker's don't try to censor him (which I don't think holds true anymore after these recent events ._.) and also why he likes pushing the envelope with jokes. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxQbfn8cL-8&feature=youtu.be&t=1220

How can anyone consider what he says as jokes when nobody laughs, like seriously is all terrible and if is not something like the tweet he starts "joking" about gregstiny penis or how greg and/or kevin like to suck dicks, is all about penises with this guy, terrible childish jokes and has a fixation with male genitalia.

Or he acted like most 30 something's do and recognized it wasn't for him and moved on. Instead of "changing his perspective" and pushing through something he wasn't feeling because...

Uhhhhh... The point is he never gave the game a proper chance. He decided ahead of time that he didnt want an open world Mgs, and when it was open world he gave up on it. Yet he plays tons of other open world games for 40+ hours. The re4 example is perfect. If mgsv was random open world action stealth game, he most likely would have given it more a chance. That's the point, that he's letting prior expectations of a game color his experience with it. He even said he delayed his playing mgsv simply because wanted to annoy all the fans who kept telling him to play it.

How can anyone consider what he says as jokes when nobody laughs, like seriously is all terrible and if is not something like the tweet he starts "joking" about gregstiny penis or how greg and/or kevin like to suck dicks, is all about penises with this guy, terrible childish jokes and has a fixation with male genitalia.

Humor is subjective. Just because one doesn't find it funny doesn't make it not a joke. Another key part of a joke is that it's flippant, AKA, not serious.

Or maybe he just finds Horizon to be a better game? Opinions and all that jazz.

Also Colin's girlfriend needs to chill the hell out. I thought she was close friends with all the other guys' girlfriends, so I wonder how they feel about her going on this seemingly never ending crusade against them.

That is the very definition of insensitive.

If you're not sensitive then obviously nothing will be upsetting to you ever. If you don't have the ability to sense emotions or have the ability to feel anything, then yeah, obviously you become oblivious to hatred, pain, suffering, and lack the ability to feel any kind of empathy towards anything.

Insensitive people, like yourself and your hero Colin, may think this puts you above the rest of the people in the world who can feel emotions, but it really just actually leads to a cold lonely existence, and good on you, if that's what you want to live like, but most decent people would rather be able to feel something and express empathy towards others.
It's a very tame joke that people who have no sense of humor would get angry at. People who find that tweet genuinely offensive, I actually wonder how they live their lives without tripping themselves every 10 minutes getting offended over something. Or as others have explained to me, a built up of a set of consecutive events. This I can understand.

and lol at my hero Colin. Colin is just some guy I listen to once in a while as well as KF. But I understand you're looking for some bullshit irrelevant point to make because you don't have an actual argument to make other than your feelings are hurt and you need to be taken seriously over something trivial.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceS_jkKjIgo

but.. it is very insensitive, it is on a very important day of women telling a joke about how he is better without the woman on his side.

I could take it lightly and just laugh at it like nothing, but I do not like to normalize these jokes because that attitude is quite dangerous in an age where Trump was elected president and many people have come out to throw hate. I really don't want to normalize these attitudes, I prefer they don't happen at all even if they are supposed to be considered funny but instead cause this tantrum.

I mean, look at the community, this isn't right at all, even if it supposed to be "funny."

EDIT: BTW, what you say to your close persons are very different to what you say to anyone else, would you be ok if I say you: "FUCK YOU PIECE OF SHIT, I DON'T WANT YOUR POINT OF VIEW!" and that was supposed to be a joke I make to my close friends? context is very important in these situations and twitter is extremely bad on this, that is why these things are taken at face value.
Is there even a man's day for us? I honestly don't know. Nor do I think if some prominent woman were to troll men with a tweet, anyone would actually give a fuck other some crazy right idiots. This is a nothing joke by itself. If people want to to try to make this out to be bigger than it is, don't be surprised people don't take you seriously.

Valid pov is Colin apparently doing this on a constant basis just to mess with people which is another story entirely. It's not been long, but putting a correlation of the douchy oompa loompa into any topic doesn't mean it makes a lot more sense. Like pointing out anyone who is a leftie that is sensitive = why trump became president!!! I'm noticing this irritating trend getting more prominent by the week in 2017.

MisterMac

Uhhhhh... The point is he never gave the game a proper chance. He decided ahead of time that he didnt want an open world Mgs, and when it was open world he gave up on it. Yet he plays tons of other open world games for 40+ hours. The re4 example is perfect. If mgsv was random open world action stealth game, he most likely would have given it more a chance. That's the point, that he's letting prior expectations of a game color his experience with it. He even said he delayed his playing mgsv simply because wanted to annoy all the fans who kept telling him to play it.

Colin's MGSV thing was really odd. Not that he didn't like the game or whatever he felt about that. But he has this animosity towards the internet which I can kinda understand considering he probably took plenty of undeserved shit over his video game opinions at IGN.

But what I found weird was during their GOTY talk. The only person who felt the need to speak about how they didn't like any game mentioned was Colin and MGSV. Everyone else just talked about the games they liked, talked about them, but no one else had to grind an axe with any game except Colin

I don't get this. Who is this in reply to and what about?

I'm not sure who it's in reply to as the tweet has since been deleted, but it's obviously in reference to not letting all of this dumb drama go. Apparently Colin and his crew (AKA his girlfriend and mum) think this lame joke is a hill worth dying on.

Also, on a different note; does anybody think the trade-off of Colin never appearing on podcasts anymore so he can make Colin Was Right videos was worth it? I bet if he had the option he'd choose to not appear on PSILY too. It just seems like he doesn't want to be at Kinda Funny anymore.

Mezoly

I'm not sure who it's in reply to as the tweet has since been deleted, but it's obviously in reference to not letting all of this dumb drama go. Apparently Colin and his crew (AKA his girlfriend and mum) think this lame joke is a hill worth dying on.

Also, on a different note; does anybody think the trade-off of Colin never appearing on podcasts anymore so he can make Colin Was Right videos was worth it? I bet if he had the option he'd choose to not appear on PSILY too. It just seems like he doesn't want to be at Kinda Funny anymore.

I think it's worth it. I enjoy Colin Was Right more than Colin sitting during these shows and not participation which was what happening. Also during PSILY I would hear Colin's opinions without hearing them already a million time in the morning show and gamescast. Make their content a little more fresh.

I mean, the truth is if not for it leading to them getting access at various Sony events, I'd doubt they'd be doing PSILY anymore when they could be doing far more general content that appeals to multiple platforms during those 2+ hours they tape the podcast plus setup time.

Mezoly

I mean, the truth is if not for it leading to them getting access at various Sony events, I'd doubt they'd be doing PSILY anymore when they could be doing far more general content that appeals to multiple platforms during those 2+ hours they tape the podcast plus setup time.

PSILY is their most popular content on Youtube and Itunes. Not sure what the baseline for CWR yet, but it had a great viewership start.

She's just been defending his joke and saying oohhh boy if these kids can't take a joke nowadays we're all in a lot of trouble
She came up in a different time period where it took a lot more than the situation to rile people up that much. Totally understandable, older people shrugging off things that today's generation seems to get worked up over. I know that's not a good enough reason for people in this thread but it's a explanation

She came up in a different time period where it took a lot more than the situation to rile people up that much. Totally understandable, older people shrugging off things that today's generation seems to get worked up over. I know that's not a good enough reason for people in this thread but it's a explanation

Sure, I'm not condemning her for it, it's just what she did

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?

She has also stirred trouble, let's be fair

Calling Greg a backstabber for example

XandBosch

Colin didn't give a shit about Gamescast and he made that clear by looking and seeming bored all the time, and I don't watch the morning show. Apart from all this drama and shit, the content he HAS been putting out has been pretty stellar. Not to mention I've been hoping Greg and Tim would do a podcast themselves for a while. They both embody the type of gamer I am. Excited, open-minded, not jaded as fuck, etc. I'd love for them to do something like a Nintendo podcast in the vein of PS I Love You.

So yeah, this is fine for me.

Top Bottom