• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS, I Love You- Greg Miller's new PlayStation Podcast

EmiPrime

Not sure if Colin has all the maturity of a child or is doubling down so that his colleagues eventually have enough of him and he can become a martyr for his new fanbase. Or both.

I'm still more offended at KF's continued stubborn refusal to use timestamps and chapter marks on their content than I am about any of Colin's shit attempts at "edgy" humour anyway.

Calderc

The fact he's still drawing attentoon to his persecuation complex means I hope Greg, Tim, Nick and Kevin would go ballustic at him. I'll lose a fair amount of respect for them if they don't. He's actively promoting the exact opposite of what Greg said at the panel.

Maligna

Banned
Still reading replies to Colin's tweets.

So what is a "cuck" exactly? Any man who doesn't think they should be considered superior to women?

They really think it's an insult to tell us, "Haha, look at you! You think women should be equal!"

Well, yeah... Yeah I do. Why should I feel bad about that? Not sure how this insult is supposed to work.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?

So what is a "cuck" exactly? Any man who doesn't think they should be considered superior to women?

They really think it's an insult to tell us, "Haha, look at you! You think women should be equal!"

Well, yeah... Yeah I do. Why should I feel bad about that?

isnt a cuckold someone who's wife fucked another man?

EmiPrime

Well, yeah... Yeah I do. Why should I feel bad about that?

It's misogyny mixed with racism but it's best not to think about it too hard. One of the anti-SJW thought leaders on Youtube tried to make castrati as an insult a thing but it never caught on. That's their level of intelligence.

Shaneus

Interesting that on the KF subreddit, an "I didn't find Colin's tweet funny" has ~250 upvotes, which is far higher than most other posts at about 30.

Also, there are plenty of people there posting tweets of Colin's that link to his appearances on Rubin and talk about his booking on Glenn Beck, so I guess taking about them in this thread is okay?

Erin is right, though. She doesn't know what's going on. The reason this blew up is because people told Colin how to tailor his tweets. Seems no one learned their lesson.
Then don't tweet tweet cryptic things to a large audience if they're not going to understand what they mean and draw their own conclusions?

Also that is not the reason why this blew up. It's only been a few days, you might wanna chill with the revisionist history for now

Attacking a prominent Kinda Funny community member for pointing out that their actions are negatively affecting the community. Lol.
Yeah, that's an AWFUL way to show that you're *not* trying to tear the community apart

it's kind of embarrassing that a grown man's mom and girlfriend have had more to say about this than he has.

His SO/mother/friends having to tip toe around either defending or apologizing for him while he sits around passive-aggressively tweeting is pretty telling. But this is the guy that I"m supposed to believe is all for a reasonable discourse, right?

PieBlaCon

Neo Member
Then don't tweet tweet cryptic things to a large audience if they're not going to understand what they mean and draw their own conclusions?

Cryptic? The video was in plain English as far as I could tell. Greg said his piece (edited by Colin), and Colin, in his usual fashion, got the final word in.

No one was there to say "alright next topic", but to me, Colin's tweet was an end cap to where he stood. People got upset again for no reason.

Cryptic? The video was in plain English as far as I could tell. Greg said his piece (edited by Colin), and Colin, in his usual fashion, got the final word in.

No one was there to say "alright next topic", but to me, Colin's tweet was an end cap to where he stood. People got upset again for no reason.
Yeah, it was pretty plain that Colin was fueling a fire that should have been ended. But that's not what Erin is saying is happening because we don't know what is *actually* going on

PieBlaCon

Neo Member
Yeah, it was pretty plain that Colin was fueling a fire that should have been ended. But that's not what Erin is saying is happening because we don't know what is *actually* going on

I think Erin misread the tweet and thought Lindsay was referring to a divide among the guys and not the community.

PieBlaCon

Neo Member
If that was the case she should have clarified after Lindsay further explained what she meant. She didn't and instead made a snarky joke at Lindsay's expense.

Lindsay further explained then told Erin how to deal with a situation she has no knowledge of. Erin responded to the latter tweet and ended the back and forth.

While Erin's point could have merit (even though history/common sense has shown Colin is causing shit deliberately) the way she basically attacked a well known representative of Kinda Funnys supposed 'best friends' is terrible.

It's even worse when the complaint was polite and respectful. It comes off again like an overreaction to a non existent attack.

If things continue like this kinda funny are going to have a real problem that could cause permanent problems in both the community and the group.

Greggs plea for everyone to respect each other is falling on deaf ears (amongst the extreme Colin supporters) and you even have Colins girlfriend (an unofficial representative of kf due to the best friend format) attacking fans and Colin continuing to post internationaly confrontational content, undermining everything Gregg has done.

You can't ignore the inevitable issues this could bring to both groups as something will blow eventually if it continues.

I feel Colin has reached a point where he has no more fucks to give and now feels justified enough to fully embrace the role he sees himself in - bullied intellectual with the balls to say everything controversial that needs saying and unwilling to back down against the liberal PC brigade. Of course he knows that going all out will cause big problems business wise so we see the drive by attacks he has been doing more and more recently.

It's well known Colins enthusiasm for games has dropped and been replaced with a determination to do new things. He also seems to no longer be able to laugh off the disagreeing opinions and instead gets frustrated and rants. Now his current actions, specifically because he basically keeps Fucking Gregg over by undermining every attempt he is doing to stop this problem, makes me think something has changed. If he isn't able to stop himself for his business and friendships sake, it says something.

Lindsay further explained then told Erin how to deal with a situation she has no knowledge of. Erin responded to the latter tweet and ended the back and forth.
No knowledge of what? The tweet is either clear as day or it isn't. If someone is tweeting something that only a small number of people are going to be able to understand the true meaning of, but it can be easily misinterpreted as something else that will further damage the community, then a community manager is well within their rights to say something

Nothing to excuse. Erin put her on blast because she's continuing to to tweet after being told she's misinformed.
So she can tell Lindsay how to tweet, but Lindsay can't say anything to Erin?

It's ironic that Colin's girlfriend and mother is defending him after his PSILY rant saying "only women should defend other women." The implication of his idiotic comment would mean that only other men should be defending Colin.

But I can already see the line of alt-right tripping over themselves to defend their online best friend. It's kinda funny sad that it seems like these people truly have a misguided view of friendship, referring to how Greg and Tim handle this situation, and might actually think of themselves as friends of the host.

it's kind of embarrassing that a grown man's mom and girlfriend have had more to say about this than he has.

His SO/mother/friends having to tip toe around either defending or apologizing for him while he sits around passive-aggressively tweeting is pretty telling. But this is the guy that I"m supposed to believe is all for a reasonable discourse, right?

Lol I just want to know what people working within gaming thinks about this situation. When I saw his mother pop up I just laughed.

Twitter might be the worst social platform to have any sort of meaningful discourse. Not sure how anyone brings themselves to want to try and have a back and forth with all it's limitations. Like no shit your words can be misinterpreted when you're rolling out 140 characters, it would do my head in using it as anything else than a news source.

Dominator

It's ironic that Colin's girlfriend and mother is defending him after his PSILY rant saying "only women should defend other women." The implication of his idiotic comment would mean that only other men should be defending Colin.

But I can already see the line of alt-right tripping over themselves to defend their online best friend. It's kinda funny sad that it seems like these people truly have a misguided view of friendship, referring to how Greg and Tim handle this situation, and might actually think of themselves as friends of the host.
I listened to the episode and I don't remember him saying that. Timestamp?

Icolin

Banned
For what it's worth, this is the most interesting content KF has put out in months :p

At least it's something to talk about.

I think Colin Was Right/A Conversation With Colin Was Right has been interesting and entertaining content, but I'm probably in the minority of that opinion on GAF, lol.

I listened to the episode and I don't remember him saying that. Timestamp?

https://youtu.be/dFZeKWGZyJE?t=1117

He makes a stupid argument about only people in a certain demographics should defend themselves which ignores the point of allies which is exactly what his girlfriend and mother are at this point on Twitter.

This argument is even more stupid when you realized that the person that wrote the article criticizing the use of the word "braves" and the cultural appropriation of Native Americans is actually Native American. No one is arguing if the article is good but the logic that people should not have allies to defend one another is extremely stupid and harmful.

But you can bet Colin followed up to say how his view of the world as a White male doesn't matter and doesn't mean anything.

Which is even more hilarious when he argues that in Horizon no one talks about Aloy's sex..which is wrong. There is a side quest that talks about women leading a group within a major city and another side quest where Aloys respond to a NPC that says "Well I'm just one woman" with "So am I, but there is no need to downplay ourselves." Too subtle for Colin.

RoKKeR

Colin's passive aggressive stoking of a fire that Greg was actively trying to put out yesterday is fucking embarrassing, honestly. I always found Colin to be the most interesting part of KF and wasn't particularly put off but some of the things he has done in the past. (not condoning them) This has taken things to a new level, though. Between his absolute lack of any sort of direct response and Erin's continued antagonizing, it really is a hilariously bad look for the company overall.

Next week is sure to be interesting, as I feel a real rift has been exposed and nothing done this weekend by Colin, Greg, or anyone else has succeeded in even trying to close it.

Top Bottom