• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS2 and GC Resident Evil 4 Screenshot Comparison!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vandalier

Banned
TEH TRUZ SONY BOYZ

GCN VERSION

evil2.jpg

PS2 VERSION

3.jpg

Dr_Cogent

Banned
ImNotLikeThem said:
did you play RE4 all the way through? There are at least 3 different El Gigante models in the game, and that ps2 shot is what one of them looks like in the caves towards the end.

I played the whole thing, and the 2 El Gigantes near the lava looked similar to the earlier on. Not exactly the same, but not totally different like that.

Angst

Why can't you just accept that RE4 will be available on PS2 as well, with slightly downgraded graphics and extra content? I've finished it on two times and I might buy the PS2 version if the extra content is worth i (i.e. extra cutscenes and expanded story).

Vlad

Dr_Cogent said:
I played the whole thing, and the 2 El Gigantes near the lava looked similar to the earlier on. Not exactly the same, but not totally different like that.

Uh, that's what one of the two in the cave actually looked like (the other one actually looked different). Not only that, but
there's a fourth El Gigante in the game in the right path after the cabin siege

gvandale

I don't see the what the big fuss is.

I do think the PS2 version doesn't look as graphically impressive as the GC version, but as mentioned on page 1 of this thread...this game isn't really all about graphics.

If someone wants to drool over how purty this game is, go buy a GC and get this game.
If someone wants to play a damn fun game on their existing system (if they don't have a GC) then let them buy the PS2 version.

I think this mentality is what's pushing games away from "making them fun" to "making them purty".

Razoric

Banned
wow this thread... the screenshots... the "expert" opinions on textures... the flip flop... save this thread forever please. :lol

ypo

This reminds of Sega fanboys arguing about how the screens of arcade version of VF4 is inferior to arcade version of VF4 because they mistaken them as PS2 screens. Retards!

AssMan

Banned
Wow. The picture with Ashley looks just as good as any next gen real time game. I really think Revolution will be more powerful than PS3/360.

Flo_Evans

AssMan said:
Wow. The picture with Ashley looks just as good as any next gen real time game. I really think Revolution will be more powerful than PS3/360.

ahhhh.. this thread has gone from stupid to retarded!

GC > PS2 in graphics. The PS2 version still looks pretty damn good. Is that so hard to accept?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
AssMan said:

preach it. who needs next gen? graphic whores.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom