• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSP2 (Next Generation Portable) Announced, 2011, BC [Up3: Info In OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
DMPrince said:
2GB and 4GB game cards.
Yeah, this is pretty shocking and disappointing. I was hoping for a 6GB option.

Also:

"They're going to have 3G and Wi-Fi. 3G has GPS"

It'll be even more disappointing If the WiFi model doesn't come equipped with GPS.

Sipowicz

Banned
Zoe said:

wtf? why havent they got a livestrema like the nintendo one? they could have fucking publicised it as well

2-4 gb's is more than enough for starters on the NGP. it's up to twice as much as the psp and 3ds, they'll probably need less storage space because it's a handheld and they can always install data on to the memory if need be like the psp

Galvanise_ said:
UMD holds 1.8 gigs I believe.

also remember that umds were shit so even a cartridge the same size is a huge improvement

slider said:
Not complaining, just noting... this guy makes an awful lot of typos!

But pics later!

Maybe his laptop keyboard sucks. My keyboard kinda janks up, omitting letters sometimes... or the form factor of the keyboard might be new to him? Giving him the benefit of the doubt =P.

Also pics will be posted later =D!

Zoe

TheExecutive said:
I thought they were specifically talking about the cards games come on?

I'm assuming that Jinfash wanted a 6GB option for storage because as a consumer, the 2GB/4GB game cards should not matter to him.

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
Didnt they initially say that the PSP2 had game cards, and was going to use some sort of memory card/memory stick thing too? And didnt they also say it had on-board storage?

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Zoe said:
game cards does not necessarily mean storage cards
I know, but looking at some of the game demos, I was expecting a larger storage for game cards from the get go. I can see it being a limiting factor if they don't end up going with larger cards for larger games, which is virtually possible I guess.

Cruzader

Banned
Wait so games can range from 2gb to 4gb in capacity. This doesnt have to do with the flash card you can buy for the NGP right? Like 4GB max to store data is way too little. Hope im wrong.

plainr_

HaRyu said:
Didnt they initially say that the PSP2 had game cards, and was going to use some sort of memory card/memory stick thing too? And didnt they also say it had on-board storage?

They never mentioned on-board storage at all.

slider

chubigans said:
I think hes typing on an iphone (autocorrect).

I'm a typing fascist. I'm undoubtedly the best speller in my soccer team. But I'm getting worse as I get older...

*Sits waiting for someone to point out a typo*

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
Cruzader said:
Wait so games can range from 2gb to 4gb in capacity. This doesnt have to do with the flash card you can buy for the NGP right? Like 4GB max to store data is way too little. Hope im wrong.
Yeah, I expect that the storage card will be much bigger.

Raine

Cruzader said:
No way they would do that considering the emphasis they're putting on downloading these games off PSN

LCfiner

slider said:
I'm a typing fascist. I'm undoubtedly the best speller in my soccer team. But I'm getting worse as I get older...

*Sits waiting for someone to point out a typo*

"on your soccer team".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom