• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Q3 soulslikes : Lies of P vs Lords of the Fallen.

Which shall slap harder

• Total voters

Bartski

Gold Member
Soulslike fans eating good this year as we approach the release of 2 rather good looking games in the genre - Lies of P and Lords of the Fallen, both accused of shamelessly ripping off Bloodborne and Dark Souls respectively.

So while we wait for the Elden Ring DLC, who will take the crown of the most acclaimed ARPG of 2023?

GymWolf

My bet is:

Lies of p better moment to moment gameplay and upgrade system

Fallen, better in everything else, there is something in the combat of fallen that doesn't convince me from the videos...

Flutta

Banned
Lies of Phil looks at least abit original.

The other one is more of a straight up copy of the souls games.

LoP is the winner in my book.

Last edited:

zeldaring

Banned
Lord's of fallen. Lies of p looks cool but the main character looking so lame kills it for me, unless the reviews are amazing.

Mr Hyde

Really liked Lies of P demo. I'm definitely going to play it, but I'll prioritize Lords of the Fallen due to it looking better, it's basically Dark Souls 4 in all but name. But Lies of P is definitely on my radar for 2024. Maybe it has dropped in price by then.

For Lords I will wait for gamepass.
It's not coming to Game Pass. Only Lies of P is day 1 on GP.

Lies of P is the only Soulslike I've seen that delivers on atmosphere and theme. So I'm picking that, obviously having played niether.

The first Lords of the Fallen sucked, imo.
This one is made by an entirely different dev team in an entirely different engine... They only share the name, everything else has been made from scratch/rebooted.

Last edited:

NoobSmog

Wasn't really feeling the lies of P demo, might get it on sale sometime. Lotf looks way more interesting to me, hopefully it plays well. Would really appreciate a demo.

Thief1987

More leaning to the third option. After a demo I quite sure that Lies of P will suck. Announcement trailer of LotF looked promising, but all of the following gameplay showings were very meh.

Last edited:

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I preordered Lords of the Fallen. I’ll get a trial of GamePass or a month for Lies of P. I was watching Fextralife and they were saying LotF could be the best looking action rpg to date. They had very good things to say. Lies of P will probably be good. I think its inspiration from Bloodborne is so apparent it’s crazy at times. The latest French inspired trailer was good. Looking at the content and so forth. LotF has a lot more potential if you ask me. That’s why I put my money on LotF. It looks like a huge improvement over the original game.

Last edited:

Stuart360

I feel Lies of P will probably have the more refined pure gameplay, while Lords will be a little slower and more clunky, but have a bigger and longer world, better graphics, more variety etc.

I think both games will probably be worth playing to be honest.

Last edited:

SJRB

Gold Member
Lies of P seems the superior experience. Super fresh and unique style, combat feels great, amazing visuals.

Lords of the Fallen’s dual world mechanic seems super cool but honestly that’s legit the only thing it has going for it.

Lies of P seems the superior experience. Super fresh and unique style, combat feels great, amazing visuals.

Miyazaki be like....

Incredulous Come On GIF by Almost Christmas Movie

Lux R7

gonna play both, probably also gonna play more of Lotf due to character creation and build variety, but it's just a guess for now.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I don't buy soulslikes, but I'll try Lies of P since it's on GP. The demo had potential for sure, but needed some tweaking on combat. Hopefully they made some adjustments.

Lord of the Fallen looks cool with the dual world Soul Reaver stuff. The combat is the big turn off for me. I may try it down the road if people seem into it. If it didn't play like a souls game I'd be more interested.

Last edited:

GHG

Lords of the fallen is looking excellent but will need some hands on to see if it's worthy of my time as a souls-like experience.

Wasn't a massive fan of what I played of the lies of P demo. Something felt very off about it.

Bartski

Gold Member
Lies of P had an OK demo.
Lies of P demo that convinced me "this ain't it"
Really liked Lies of P demo.
Wasn't really feeling the lies of P demo
After a demo I quite sure that Lies of P will suck
Wasn't a massive fan of what I played of the lies of P demo.
Lies of P demo was great
HzxWuhV.gif

Lies of P launches on Game Pass so the decision has already been made for me.

I really didn't like the first Lords of the Fallen, so I will wait and see how the sequel pans out.

Lords of the Fallen’s dual world mechanic seems super cool but honestly that’s legit the only thing it has going for it.
This. I've finished LoP demo and must say, the blend of BB + Sekiro + Souls is amazing. And some elements such as Story and narrative I found to be superior and not ultra vague such as that of FSoft games.

Got same feelings about LofF.

Hunter 99

Played the lies of P demo when it dropped a couple of months back and finished it. I like the world and atmosphere but some of the enemies attacks are very cheap and the big policeman guy was harder to take Down than the last boss of the demo...
I will give it a go again when it releases but I hope it clicks more than the demo did.
The combat seemed a bit unfair at points.

Kakax11

Banned
Both are using UE, who'll win in the battle of stuttering??

they both got their good share of delays so it should be interesting

MiguelItUp

I plan on giving both a whirl. I honestly thought Lords LOOKED really nice, but figured the gameplay was just going to be a carbon copied Souls game. But then I caught wind of the whole alternate reality mechanic that almost feels like Soul Reaver and it made me quite a bit more interested. Before that I was more so curious about LoP.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
None, I will be busy with Armored Core VI for my Mecha needs and maybe next year I will get my Souls game with Elden Ring DLC.

I don’t need shameless clones.

Top Bottom