• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

R/LTTP: Dragon Ball, 153 episodes before Saiyans were invented

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madao

i think they shouldn't have split the anime like they did since a lot of the good moments of DB are unknown by a ton of DBZ only viewers.

also, i liked how the stakes in DB felt pretty real. when Krillin died after the 22nd tournament, it actually felt like he died for real and more so once Piccolo Daimao destroyed the Dragon Balls since, at that point, they had been used to revive someone just once and it wasn't even a member of the regular cast.
it's not like nowadays where dying is as inconvenient as running out of stamina. you just have get out of jail cards stored in various spots (the latest Super arc puts many of them off limits but they still have some obvious get out of jail cards)

the best experience is definitely watching them in order. i'm glad my country aired DB before Z. the flow felt pretty smooth overall since DB becoming like Z flows right into Z and you wonder why they even split it up.

edit: also, filler was better executed back then. you couldn't really tell it was filler since the quality was up there with the manga material.

NeonZ

When was it revealed Tien was an alien? I did think it was weird how he was the only one with three eyes.

It's not really confirmed or denied outside of weird merchandising I think.

In my heart, I know it to be true.

It's some information pretty much only mentioned in the Daizenshuu, never in the show itself or the manga. According to it, he's descendant of Mitsumejin (Three Eye People) that migrated to Earth a long time ago. His multiplication and 6 arm techniques from DB are said to be due to his alien blood.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom