• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Random thoughts.

Artoris

Gold Member
Most likely, when you sleep, millions of others are sleeping.

Everyone is dreaming. But are dreams connected?
If you are having the same dream as someone else in the whole world, and they are linked, and they happen to die in their sleep will the grim reaper also step into your dream

have a good night

GeekyDad

If you are having the same dream as someone else in the whole world, and they are linked, and they happen to die in their sleep will the grim reaper also step into your dream

have a good night
That was absolutely morbid.

Baby Thank You GIF

Daymos

Random thought- how to deal with a narcissist that you can't stand:
1. Shower them with praise
2. Answer all their questions with answers they like
3. Tell them other people talk about them
4. Hang out with those people
5. Completely ignore the narcissist

They will then freak out and implode. Enjoy the show.

You can't deal with a selfish conceited jerk in any morally correct way. Our society mass produces these kinds of people and it's really irritating.

dr_octagon

Banned
Random thought- how to deal with a narcissist that you can't stand:
1. Shower them with praise
2. Answer all their questions with answers they like
3. Tell them other people talk about them
4. Hang out with those people
5. Completely ignore the narcissist

They will then freak out and implode. Enjoy the show.

You can't deal with a selfish conceited jerk in any morally correct way. Our society mass produces these kinds of people and it's really irritating.
You're awesome.
You're correct.
Other people talk about you.
I'm gonna hang out with those people.
Putting you on ignore, thx.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
wtf is it with petrol stations not accepting cards? maybe it's just where i am. i don't fucking carry cash with me anymore. i'm not some fucking cave man.

i went for my shopping and thought oh i'll go fill 'er up right over there but nope "pay cashier only". usually do they accept card on ONE of their pumps but not today. i had to reverse out and into another line but nope no luck. i went to another fucking 3 stations and they took cash only. honestly i would've been quicker going to a fucking cash machine and lifting money out but i thought fuck it. i'm not driving about all bloody day i'm already on fumes as it is. fucking carry on. i'll lift some money out tomorrow and grunt my way into the station like a bloody chimp.

also,

i think i used my browsers history search for the first time ever today. i've never felt the need to search through my history before. usually i will just navigate my way back to a page but i am in a pissing no time wasting kind of mood today...thanks fucking petrol stations! :messenger_expressionless:

edit: postman pat postman pat postman pat get the fuck away from my black and white cat.

Last edited:

Star-Lord

wtf is it with petrol stations not accepting cards? maybe it's just where i am. i don't fucking carry cash with me anymore. i'm not some fucking cave man.

i went for my shopping and thought oh i'll go fill 'er up right over there but nope "pay cashier only". usually do they accept card on ONE of their pumps but not today. i had to reverse out and into another line but nope no luck. i went to another fucking 3 stations and they took cash only. honestly i would've been quicker going to a fucking cash machine and lifting money out but i thought fuck it. i'm not driving about all bloody day i'm already on fumes as it is. fucking carry on. i'll lift some money out tomorrow and grunt my way into the station like a bloody chimp.

also,

i think i used my browsers history search for the first time ever today. i've never felt the need to search through my history before. usually i will just navigate my way back to a page but i am in a pissing no time wasting kind of mood today...thanks fucking petrol stations! :messenger_expressionless:

edit: postman pat postman pat postman pat get the fuck away from my black and white cat.
That happened to me a few months ago at a Tesco petrol station. I was absolutely shocked - not to mention completely embarrassed - that none of the pumps' card machines were working, and I was instead forced to use the ATM at the station (which charge you for withdrawing money, my own fucking money) to withdraw money to pay by cash. Ever since then, I've always made sure I have at least one £20 note in my wallet to pay for petrol. Everything else is done by card.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
I can't wait until Thursday night football is back on Prime Video
either you're not talking about football or you're english.

That happened to me a few months ago at a Tesco petrol station. I was absolutely shocked - not to mention completely embarrassed - that none of the pumps' card machines were working, and I was instead forced to use the ATM at the station (which charge you for withdrawing money, my own fucking money) to withdraw money to pay by cash. Ever since then, I've always made sure I have at least one £20 note in my wallet to pay for petrol. Everything else is done by card.
it was tesco i went to (as you probably would've guessed). cunts were making me get out my car, walk inside, and talk to a real person. fuck that.

i do try to keep some cash on me but it never works out. i might as well just get rid of my car. useless!

edit: i can't tell if you're being serious or mocking me

iu

Last edited:

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
either you're not talking about football or you're english.

I'm in the US I just don't count preseason NFL as the real deal. It's glorified practice for the starters, and the last ditch attempt for others to land a starting spot on special teams. The real Thursday Night Football is when the teams are actually settled and the stakes are real.

GeekyDad

What if we're the A.I., and there is an invisible (to us at least) or spiritual (as many of us think of it) entity/species/what-have-you that has been training/programming/teaching us behaviors all this time by inserting various code instruction(s). And for them, though it's perhaps been thousands of years for us, is experienced as just a decade or three for them. And what we consider evolution is just the sequence of the A.I. (us) developing like, well, the types of A.I. we've been developing in recent years. And perhaps they're (our developers) the product of being originally a form of A.I. Do you think the process could evolve past the pain/suffering/sadness/negatively/etc. element? Is there perhaps some code instruction we could throw into mix to make that perfect balance?

Last edited:
What if we're the A.I., and there is an invisible (to us at least) or spiritual (as many of us think of it) entity/species/what-have-you that has been training/programming/teaching us behaviors all this time by inserting various code instruction(s). And for them, though it's perhaps been thousands of years for us, is experienced as just a decade or three for them. And what we consider evolution is just the sequence of the A.I. (us) developing like, well, the types of A.I. we've been developing in recent years. And perhaps they're (our developers) the product of being originally a form of A.I. Do you think the process could evolve past the pain/suffering/sadness/negatively/etc. element? Is there perhaps some code instruction we could throw into mix to make that perfect balance?
Part of me thinks that sounds stupid as shit but at the same time I wouldn't rule it out. For all we know, it could be the case.

Grildon Tundy

Gold Member
Isn't this the Simulation Theory?

Star-Lord

I've been reading up on self- employment. It's something I've always wanted to do, and now i'm in my late thirties, it's time to get that ball rolling. But fuck me, is it complicated?

GeekyDad

Oy, those first couple of bites of black coffee...

Was thinking of extending my fast (on Day 2), but though I start to enjoy the coffee once the caffeine starts having sex with my brain, those first few sips just ain't the same without cream and sugar. :messenger_pensive:

I've been reading up on self- employment. It's something I've always wanted to do, and now i'm in my late thirties, it's time to get that ball rolling. But fuck me, is it complicated?
I'm not self employed but from what I've read about it I'm not sure I can be bothered with all the hassle of it. All the tax shit puts me right off. I'm quite happy for my employer to deal with that. If you're very organised, good with numbers, and know what you're doing then I suppose it wouldn't be too bad. Even if I was all that, I would be constantly panicking about it lol. Also I wouldn't be up for setting up my own company. There is a lot of bullshit that comes with that. Not sure what else being self employed entails.

Last edited:

Star-Lord

I'm not self employed but from what I've read about it I'm not sure I can be bothered with all the hassle of it. All the tax shit puts me right off. I'm quite happy for my employer to deal with that. If you're very organised, good with numbers, and know what you're doing then I suppose it wouldn't be too bad. Even if I was all that, I would be constantly panicking about it lol. Also I wouldn't be up for setting up my own company. There is a lot of bullshit that comes with that. Not sure what else being self employed entails.
I work in finance presently, and have done for well over ten years, so I caN handle tax and accounting. It's just the hoursI'd need to put i, and the risk of not making any profit for the first five years that terrifies me.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
I don't believe in a god or a higher power, but I was thinking of one does exist, I think its purpose would be to create a universe with the potential of life and seeing how far one can advance to explore the universe.

Basically like an incalculably larger version of a survival simulator. You create this universe with the potential for life, and are like "Ok, I've given you(the universe) all the tools you need to one day create living organisms that will one day grow to explore the vast reaches of this infinitely large space I've created. Now get to work, I'll be watching. Let's see what you're capable of."

Top Bottom