• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Random thoughts.

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
what about jif and gif.
Found this today...

amgj4Ad_700bwp.webp

I'm quite impressed with YouTube Premium/Music. My Spotify ended after buying a years worth and while there's really nothing wrong with Spotify I do like to try out other options. I usually buy a year of Spotify and when it ends I go check the others out. I tried Apple Music and it's fantastic except on Windows which is where I listen to most of my music. They expect you to download iTunes lol or use their shitty ass broken webplayer. There is the Cider app but even that is still a buggy mess.

I went with YT first because they do a Premium/Music combo sub. Lately I feel like the ads on YouTube are getting way out of hand and it's pissing me off. I can't deal with free tier of Spotify or YTM due to the ridiculous adverts on Spotify and not being able to listen to music in the background on YTM. I'm going to be subbing to a music service no matter what and with YouTube Premium I'm only paying £1.99/month to get rid of the fucking infuriating YouTube adverts. I'm on the free trial at the moment and I'm quite happy with it so far. I'm using their web browser but it's a million miles better than the shite Apple has. I'm getting high quality audio and the site is fast/responsive and doesn't log me out every 2 seconds.

Getting rid of the YouTube adverts is the real positive here. I've not had anything negative about Music yet but being able to watch any YT video straight away without adverts is so good. I've found myself watching a lot more videos too.

Well done Google, you win.

Mitsurux

There are a lot of "Captains" in POP Culture from the obvious to the more obscure: (Some examples, no order)
Captain Kirk
Captain Picard
Captain America
Captain Marvel
Captain Boomerang
Captain Falcon
Captain Planet
Captain Earth
Captain EO
Captain Scarlet
Captain Sensible
Captain Jack Sparrow
Captain Blood
Captain (From Captain & Tennille)

...and many many many more..... what makes the Captain title so common/popular?

kanjobazooie

Mouse Ball Fetishist
There are a lot of "Captains" in POP Culture from the obvious to the more obscure: (Some examples, no order)
Captain Kirk
Captain Picard
Captain America
Captain Marvel
Captain Boomerang
Captain Falcon
Captain Planet
Captain Earth
Captain EO
Captain Scarlet
Captain Sensible
Captain Jack Sparrow
Captain Blood

"Captain" is higher than "Lieutenant", also sounds cooler and is easier to read for non-native speakers.

"Major" and "Colonel" see less action, so the title wouldn't fit the characters.

Think About It GIF by Identity

Last edited:

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
I wonder what it's like to fuck an Asian grill?

Captain Kirk
Captain Picard
Captain America
Captain Marvel
Captain Boomerang
Captain Falcon
Captain Planet
Captain Earth
Captain EO
Captain Scarlet
Captain Sensible
Captain Jack Sparrow
Captain Blood

You forgot Captain Obvious!

source.gif

dr_octagon

Banned
Not to derail but there have been complaints for years about operations and decision making. I hope all the big names make competitors or join other sites. A single media monopoly is open to abuse, censorship and no accountability.

Mark Twain wrote "Life on the Mississippi" about his time working on a steamboat. The part that stuck with me was how at first, the river and the captain's skill seemed like unknowable, alluring magic. E.g., how did he know to move the boat over to the left to avoid bottoming out when there seemed to be no indicator?

Over time, though, Twain reduced that magic down through analysis, and the river stopped being magic and became understood.

I think of this often. The things I'm compelled to study are the ones that seem like magic. And once I have a good idea of how something works, the magic is gone. I have done this with video game graphics, for instance. I miss the magic.

Catphish

I mean, I'm going out tonight with some of the lads from work, and they're bringing some Charlie along. That should help, albeit being only temporary.
It was a joke, and probably a poor one.

Stay the fuck away from that shit. Stand in your feelings and feel them until the lesson is learned. If it’s overwhelming, seek help.

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
This photo inspired a random thought. I've listened to Eric Johnson for years. I'd always wondered how he got his guitars to sound like kotos in select songs. Turns out he has a lesson on the 'koto sound.' Cool stuff and I don't know any other musicians using this technique.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Back in Elden Ring. Co-op. Dropped in to help a Steam friend with a boss. I said "I'm only here if you accept the true Christ, He Who Is Catholic (or some dumb stuff along those lines)."

He responded "Burger, we used to work together remember? Can you please just help me kill this boss?"

And it was in that moment I realized I am a fucking weirdo who lives on the internet too much

Last edited:
Top Bottom