• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Random thoughts.

dr_octagon

Banned
Back in Elden Ring. Co-op. Dropped in to help a Steam friend with a boss. I said "I'm only here if you accept the true Christ, He Who Is Catholic (or some dumb stuff along those lines)."

He responded "Burger, we used to work together remember? Can you please just help me kill this boss?"

And it was in that moment I realized I am a fucking weirdo who lives on the internet too much
You need to pitch this to Netflix as a comedy.

Pilot: I faxed some documents for you. Pls help me find the item of significance to defeat the bronze dragon of despair.

Mid season cliffhander: Bruh, I was your boss. I need you to help beat Lord Potato and unlock the bicycle. I follow you on Linkedin.

dr_octagon

Banned
How do you deal with the anxiety of the unprecedented "permanent record"?
Imagine if someone made a data analysis of all neogaf posts on here.

Dlp9TYm.gif

Given the internet never forgets, How do you deal with the anxiety of the unprecedented "permanent record"?
the internet does forget....after a long time. at least so far.

not that i posted anything bad but a lot of the stuff i posted online from like 15-20 years ago is very fucking hard to find. i'm talking about posts on forums and pictures of myself. for a while i could find my posts/photos but now it's impossible and i know what i'm looking for. maybe it's because a lot of the sites i used to go on are offline now or were took over. i suppose if you post shit on facebook then yeah it might not be going away any time soon.

i've kept a low profile and not pissed anyone off so i'm not worried about people hunting me down. if you're even just slightly popular or in a mid-high profile job then you got to be careful. it will take a long time for anything to go away. you can't rely on sites going down anymore because people are more likely to download your stuff and keep it stored away on their own hardware. it really depends on your own situation. most people shouldn't be worried.

Last edited:
Wtf is this? Did this guy dox you or am I totally misunderstanding?

Yes, he did.

He is this knob called James Berich, from somewhere in Western Australia, and so I cleverly came up with the term WAnker.

He is a moron. He actually said if you have agoraphobia and you can go to a park to shoot a video, you are then not agoraphobic.

Like, eh!? LOL.

Yes, he did.

He is this knob called James Berich, from somewhere in Western Australia, and so I cleverly came up with the term WAnker.

He is a moron. He actually said if you have agoraphobia and you can go to a park to shoot a video, you are then not agoraphobic.

Like, eh!? LOL.
Not gonna lie, sounds like you are living my personal hell. You also seem to be handling it better than I would lol. Wtf does this guy think you did to him to warrant his vindictive, seemingly psychotic behavior?

I knew him from Resident Evil forums in 2004. Since 2017, he has been regularly stalking me. This includes spamming on acyberlove.com, Fandom, YouTube, and other forums. Yet he is 36.

I reported him to the cops in his country, but I am in Scotland. They're totally incompetent.

Bloody dope. He also has a bizarre YouTube channel under the name of Albert Gimpy. But after I reported videos he posted, with stolen footage of myself, he removed most of his uploads. Calls me a retarded film extra and makes wiki snub pages about the producers I met like, once.

I knew him from Resident Evil forums in 2004. Since 2017, he has been regularly stalking me. This includes spamming on acyberlove.com, Fandom, YouTube, and other forums. Yet he is 36.

I reported him to the cops in his country, but I am in Scotland. They're totally incompetent.

Bloody dope. He also has a bizarre YouTube channel under the name of Albert Gimpy. But after I reported videos he posted, with stolen footage of myself, he removed most of his uploads. Calls me a retarded film extra and makes wiki snub pages about the producers I met like, once.

That's so bizarre, man. Kind of fascinating, too. I would watch a Netflix documentary on you and your superfan.

Sorry that's happening. So freaking weird

GeekyDad

Put a pinch (or two) of salt -- about what I'd use on my soft-boiled eggs or salmon -- in my water to help sate myself during my two-day fast. It's actually kinda pleasant. Tried it in my coffee, too, earlier. That wasn't all that great. But for the plain water, it might work. Was thinking to try it two or three times each time (basically during normal meal times). Will report back Friday perhaps.

i'm beyond pissed off right now. i'm infuriated. i went to buy my usual egg and mayonnaise sandwich at lunch but they only had the vile disgusting egg and cress (with brown seeded bread). it felt like chewing on sand and had no taste at all to it.

ruined my day. they better have their shit sorted out for tomorrow or i will walk away rolling my eyes and tut very loudly.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Put a pinch (or two) of salt -- about what I'd use on my soft-boiled eggs or salmon -- in my water to help sate myself during my two-day fast. It's actually kinda pleasant. Tried it in my coffee, too, earlier. That wasn't all that great. But for the plain water, it might work. Was thinking to try it two or three times each time (basically during normal meal times). Will report back Friday perhaps.
My wife does the salt in water thing every morning. I will do it if I get nauseous during a fast but it's pretty rare.

Last edited:
Top Bottom