• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reddit user reveals McDonalds secret menu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dalek

Thanks to Reddit, McDonald's secret menu is not so secret anymore

A user going by the screename orchidhibiscus, who claims to be a McDonald's manager, posted a relatively simple AMA post: "IamA McDonald's manager AMA!"
Garnering 2988 upvotes at last count, it didn't take long for this AMA to confirm an urban legend.

"You can order from the 'Secret Menu'. Just like with any of our sandwiches, you can add, remove or change ingredients by special request. These are called 'grill orders' (i.e. Big Mac no pickle) The items on the 'secret menu' weren't invented by anyone officially at McDonald's, it's just a random persons guide to burgers you could potentially 'hack' at McDonald's. Order one and the workers might not know it by name (i.e. Land, Air and Sea burger or the McGangBang) but if you explain what it is, and are willing to pay for all the ingredients, it's just another 'grill order' that we can make up."

For those wondering, a Land, Air and Sea is a monster of a sandwich made out of Big Mac, McChicken and Filet-O-Fish patties.

A McGangBang is a McChicken sandwich inside of a McDouble.

What's more, u/orchidhibiscus went on to tell readers not to order the grilled chicken:
"It's horrible frozen chicken that we defrost and steam and it's a bit gelatinous."

Original reddit thread:
https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/3dmf9b/iama_mcdonalds_manager_ama/

Does it count as a secret menu if you have to explain to people working there what's inside of whatever you want ordered?

Deft Beck

Why not just eat somewhere else?

Disclaimer: I had a nice crispy chicken sandwich combo today from McDonald's for a late lunch.

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
whoa did you guys know if you ask really nicely to get a sandwich a certain way they might do it for you? SECRET!!!!!!!!!!

dudes! you can totally order more than one sandwich at mcdonald's and then smoosh them together yourself! THE SUITS DON'T WANT YOU TO KNOW!!

Noobcraft

Worked at McDonalds in High School and I didn't know this existed. All I remember is that McRibs are nasty, grilled chicken tends to sit around for a while, ordering fries with no salt will get you fresh fries 99% of the time, and that the Mexican guy I worked with made awesome breakfast quesadillas with the leftovers from the breakfast menu.

Razmos

typical reddit thread, absolute nonsense bullshit that doesn't actually do or mean anything
It makes working life harder and more annoying for the people working there. Fuck anyone who does the "secret menu" bullshit.

I remember seeing a post on tumblr written by Starbucks employees saying how much they hate the "secret menu" that people use there.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Order one and the workers might not know it by name (i.e. Land, Air and Sea burger or the McGangBang) but if you explain what it is, and are willing to pay for all the ingredients, it's just another 'grill order' that we can make up

that's not what a secret menu is, that's just the obvious fact that restaurants will sell you stuff

a secret menu is when the point of sale system has buttons not visible on the public menu and employees are aware that you can order those things. like, you know, the secret menu at in-n-out.

I don't consider it a secret menu when it's literally just a place where you add together the cost of all the ingredients for whatever the customer is ordering.

That's not a menu, you're not ordering some specific thing with a pre-assigned dollar amount.

"Hey look at this, I got 2 buns filled with nothing but onions and a triple serving of ketchup and mayo! SEEEECRET MENU ITEM"

that's not what a secret menu is, that's just the obvious fact that restaurants will sell you stuff

a secret menu is when the point of sale system has buttons not visible on the public menu and employees are aware that you can order those things. like, you know, the secret menu at in-n-out.

I ordered off the secret menu yesterday by asking for an extra sweet and sour sauce with my nuggets. Please follow this account for more fast food dining hacks.

This isn't anything new. Use to order many of these items back in college but I stopped going to McDonald's. Lots of places have a "secret" menu. Try going to burger king and order the suicide burger. You won't be disappointed.

FStop7

Banned
A McDonalds manager decloaks on reddit and hypes the "secret" menu right at a time when McDonalds is going through a sales crisis and attempting to revamp its image?

Nah, not market-y at all.

Daedardus

Pretty sure that when I try to order a McGangBang, the cashier will look weirdly at me and probably will be slightly offended.

These aren't a thing. They're just names people came up with for their own creations. If you order a mcgangbang most people will not understand what you mean.

whoa did you guys know if you ask really nicely to get a sandwich a certain way they might do it for you? SECRET!!!!!!!!!!

dudes! you can totally order more than one sandwich at mcdonald's and then smoosh them together yourself! THE SUITS DON'T WANT YOU TO KNOW!!

I think I laughed harder at this than I had any right to.

I've always wanted personalized order numbers. Like, you pull up and say "I'd like a number 640, and its a specific order and mixture of items and drink. To me it would make ordering time less. You sign up for it online.

It would probably be too ambitious I guess but it would help make ordering at places where you get a bunch of individual items easier.

jaypah

I always thought it was the McChicken patty inbetween a double quarter pounder? At least that's how I've always done it. So damn good too.

Machine

I don't know how to Reddit. Where in that thread is the actual "secret menu"? All I see is a bunch of jibber-jabber about food quality and bad puns about the slaw-shake redemption.

Zombine

Banned
Next time I go to McDonalds I'm gonna be like "Yeah, can I get a Big Mac with no pickle."

Fuck what an abuse of power. I feel sick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom