• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Customers complain that McDonald's sold them mozzarella sticks w/o any mozzarella

Status
Not open for further replies.

krae_man

Yeah, this is normal, but most restaurants would notice and make another batch.

That's assuming the 17 year old working the fryer still gives a crap.

If they have an idiot boss screaming at them to go faster they'll go "fuck it, hollow mozza sticks for all".

I once ordered a quarter pounder with cheese and they had a normal patty in it. lol I felt so played.

:lol

I never did that but did the opposite sometimes. Customer orders a Whopper Jr right at closing and we only had whopper meat left, They got whoppers instead. Do the same with fries. Just give them larges if there was enough fries left. We were just going to throw it out anyway.

McDonald's doing so poorly they're inventing their own struggle meals.

Imagine being served this delicacy...

img_5844_156999231.jpg

..but without the cheese

They clearly just ate it out and then took a photo? Do people think you can just pile breadcrumbs up around empty air with no structural support from filling?

Uhh, no. I've had this exact thing happen to me when ordering mozzarella sticks from McDonald's. They need to get their shit together.

You can clearly see the cheese on the inside. When it's fried, it just sticks to the breading. It's a shame they don't put more cheese in the middle, but they're not just breaded sticks with air inside.

Dramatic. Just complain and get your $1 back if it's such a huge issue.

I will never forget the time my super non-confrontational friend went up to politely ask for the missing bacon on his Baconator and a Wendy's cashier tried to convince him "There is no bacon in the Baconator, you want the Big Bacon" meanwhile there was an enormous poster on the wall of the Baconator with bacon literally flying out of the sandwich.

We laughed, we cried and my buddy stood up for his bacon justice, but with a stern reminder to order the Big Bacon next time if he wanted bacon.

antonz

Tried them out this week. While mine had cheese they are the most bland thing out there. Its like they used plain old breadcrumbs to coat it and didn't bother to add any kind of seasoning.

Its offensively bland

akira28

It looks like the cheese is there just around the inside.

no, what happens is the cheese liquifies and bubbles through tiny cracks in the breading. So you think you have a nice crispy mozz stick and instead you have a hollow shell. just..a hollow...shell.

Tried them out this week. While mine had cheese they are the most bland thing out there. Its like they used plain old breadcrumbs to coat it and didn't bother to add any kind of seasoning.

Its offensively bland

they need to get rid of these and bring back chicken bites 2.0

bebop242

Those mozzarella sticks are the worst. No hyperbole, the worst.

Their overly sweet marinera sauce does nothing to help them either.

The worst.

Octavia

Unconfirmed Member
Definitely employees leaving them in there too long. Most likely in busy locations where the employees are running around trying to fulfill everything and forget about the sticks or can't get to them right away. Considering all this stuff has beep timers, it might also be defectively hot fryers that make the cook time a bit too much for the tiny sticks.

The Beard

That's exactly how mine looked the one time I ordered them. They also forgot to give me marinara sauce. What a joke.

They should be called "Fried Bread Crumbs With a Hint of Cheese".

One time I ordered a BLT quarter pounder, asked for no pickles - instead got a patty in buns with just pickles.

I don't know where it all fell apart - because the receipt that I got back read it right, I think the line cook read "bacon lettuce tomato burger, with everything removed but pickles".

BUT WHY WOULD I ORDER A BLT AND THEN ASK FOR THE BLT TO BE REMOVED?!

Maybe the worker was staunchly pro pickle and your order was simply the last straw.

The Beard

Has McD's ever done Undercover Boss? I'd totally watch that.

That show is total horseshit anyways. You're telling me, a "new hire" shows up at your shitty job with a camera crew, everyone isn't going to automatically assume it's Undercover Boss? Why else would anyone film someone starting a minimum wage job?

They always go to their nicest stores too, it's total BS. The featured employees always seem like they're in on it, giving up really personal info to some random person that supposedly just got hired, while a camera crew records it all. Smh.

That show is total horseshit anyways. You're telling me, a "new hire" shows up at your shitty job with a camera crew, everyone isn't going to automatically assume it's Undercover Boss? Why else would anyone film someone starting a minimum wage job?

They always go to their nicest stores too, it's total BS. The featured employees always seem like they're in on it, giving up really personal info to some random person that supposedly just got hired, while a camera crew records it all. Smh.
I think their cover story is that they are indeed shooting a reality show, but it's some other show. But yeah, that sob story bit always gets me. Like, I'm sure they target those stores specifically because those employees are there, but how would they even know if those employees didn't volunteer the information themselves prior to taping?

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
That's nothing, I once went to Wendy's for a burger and I literally had to tell them WHERE'S THE BEEF?
What the fuck?

I went in 2000 and ordered two cheeseburgers and drove all the way home to find two buns with cheese on them. No fucking patties. I would have and should have just driven back because I so wanted to yell that to the manager, but it was too far. From that point forward I always check my order before leaving the lot.

I was so angry and disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom