• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Customers complain that McDonald's sold them mozzarella sticks w/o any mozzarella

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
http://www.businessinsider.com/mcdonalds-mozzarella-sticks-missing-cheese-2016-1

McDonald's is under fire from customers accusing the burger chain of serving mozzarella sticks that are missing a key ingredient: cheese.

Customers are posting pictures of hollowed-out mozzarella sticks online and accusing the burger chain of serving them "fried air."

McDonald's launched mozzarella sticks nationwide this month as part of a new "McPick 2" promotion, which allows customers to pick two of the following for $2: a McDouble, a McChicken, small fries, and mozzarella sticks.

The mozzarella sticks are also available on their own, costing $1 for three sticks.

But photos posted online seem to show that for many customers, all three of the mozzarella sticks in their orders were missing a cheese filling. When we tried some mozzarella sticks in November, all three sticks in our order contained cheese.

McDonald's did not immediately respond for comment.

Here's what people are saying on Twitter:

Craving mozzarella sticks. Excited that @McDonalds has them! Just to get home to have hollow breading :( #sad pic.twitter.com/ngnLG7Kx8K
— Amber (@Heyamber021) January 26, 2016

I got mozzarella sticks from @McDonalds for the first time and there was no cheese ���� never going back again lol pic.twitter.com/Kf0Q94deqw
— morgan (@neongypsyx) January 25, 2016

@McDonalds I when I order mozzarella sticks I generally want some cheese pic.twitter.com/3yEJbFLFzv
— Danielle (@CheeseburgerCas) January 22, 2016

All 3 of @McDonalds new Mozzarella Sticks came empty. #wheresthecheese #donttrythisitem pic.twitter.com/lQXKGmQhaN
— Brannon Peterson (@RaisinBran66) January 17, 2016

My girl got mozzarella sticks from McDonald's and they gave her them with no cheese �������� @McDonalds y'all slacking pic.twitter.com/0JD6njZeQr
— Twan (@AntoineFulton) January 17, 2016

My McDonald's mozzarella sticks didn't have cheese.: t.co/3VVocpSwZz pic.twitter.com/5KhEcEjat2
— El Hermano (@ElHermanoAmigo) January 15, 2016

I came in with extremely low expectation for @McDonalds mozzarella sticks.....yet somehow I was still disappointed pic.twitter.com/G7IlmQp7b5
— Todd Garnhardt (@Garny03) January 11, 2016

@McDonalds is this what the mozzarella sticks are supposed to look like?. There's nothing in there pic.twitter.com/g1uchnZJTF
— Jo-Anna Perez (@Turtlejars) January 27, 2016

ZfQciyF.jpg

9N4NTaDl.jpg

LBIXkqY.png

neurosyphilis

Definitely not an STD, as I'm a pure.
What in a galaxy far far away, since when did McDonald's start selling mozzarella sticks ? Anyways I would've went back through the drive thru and threw it back at them.

JBuccCP

I got a box of these the first time (and probably last time) I ordered some. Mine were also overcooked and brown.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I know the cheese can sometimes entirely leak out if you overcook frozen mozarella sticks in a deep fryer, so that might be what is happening.

Thewonandonly

When in the hell did mcdonalds start selling mozzarella sticks. Its kind of a up hill battle for them because arbys will be king of mozzarella sticks for life.

rjinaz

I know the cheese can sometimes entirely leak out if you overcook frozen mozarella sticks in a deep fryer, so that might be what is happening.

That and there probably isn't much cheese to begin with. They are selling these for a $1 after all.

If you leave mozzarella sticks in the oil too long they will burst and the cheese will leak out. I'm not sure why the line cooks at McD's are fucking this up it takes maybe 3 minutes tops to fry a mozzarella stick from frozen - and their product is so small it probably takes less than that.

entremet

If you leave mozzarella sticks in the oil too long they will burst and the cheese will leak out. I'm not sure why the line cooks at McD's are fucking this up it takes maybe 3 minutes tops to fry a mozzarella stick from frozen - and their product is so small it probably takes less than that.

McDonalds employees are bottom of the barrel when it comes to culinary skills.

It's by design so they're easily trainable and replaceable due to high turnover in fast food, so I doubt many are paying attention.

hymanator

They better check the bottom of the fryer. Makes you wonder what type of "cheese" they were using for it to melt out so easily.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
They better check the bottom of the fryer. Makes you wonder what type of "cheese" they were using for it to melt out so easily.
It's probably "edible cheese-like substance" that's never been in the same room as actual cheese.

Had a similar experience a few weeks back, where it just didn't seem like there was any cheese in it.

Im willing to pet the sticks cost them 5 cents to make, so they are already cheep as fuck, but they go the extra mile to make them even less bang for your buck.

Sonics sticks are much better, but when the McDonalds ones have cheese in them, they are pretty good, Sauce is Ok too. Its a good side item to go along with say a burger or something.

Lkr

the article is missing the point though. why get mozzarella sticks from mcdonalds when u can get a mcdouble for $1 again

D-Pad

The marinara sauce that comes with these is the nastiest marinara sauce I've ever tasted. And what's the point of cheese sticks without the sauce? 😦

TylerD

Had a similar experience a few weeks back, where it just didn't seem like there was any cheese in it.

Im willing to pet the sticks cost them 5 cents to make, so they are already cheep as fuck, but they go the extra mile to make them even less bang for your buck.

Sonics sticks are much better, but when the McDonalds ones have cheese in them, they are pretty good, Sauce is Ok too. Its a good side item to go along with say a burger or something.

They are really small though. See Daym Drops review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mS2qsUlhfY0

Sonic's sticks are really decent.

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
Sucks for them. I fucking love these things. And stop lying about the marinara sauce GAF, it's good and you know it.

old

Perhaps deep fried too long and it all ran out into the fryer?

I tried them once. I had the opposite problem. The cheese was already hard and re-coagulated by the time I sat down. Mozzarella is supposed to be gooey, runny, and almost "liquidy". Good mozzarella has the consistency of bread dough even at room temp. So how is the cheese in these things still somewhat hot and yet already hard again?

Either it's some shit mozzarella or it's not entirely mozzarella.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
One time I ordered a BLT quarter pounder, asked for no pickles - instead got a patty in buns with just pickles.

I don't know where it all fell apart - because the receipt that I got back read it right, I think the line cook read "bacon lettuce tomato burger, with everything removed but pickles".

BUT WHY WOULD I ORDER A BLT AND THEN ASK FOR THE BLT TO BE REMOVED?!

Neverfade

Don't get me wrong, the customers should absolutely get what they paid for...

But this being a whole twitter thing? In this case its a manufacturing defect and not even an employees fault. Just fucking go back to the counter and tell a manager you want the shit right. There isn't a McDonald's manager on the face of this earth who would make you fight for this.

Hell, I've went into a McD's a week later and told them my last order was wrong and got shit free as compensation without a blink of an eye.

They clearly just ate it out and then took a photo? Do people think you can just pile breadcrumbs up around empty air with no structural support from filling?

One time I ordered a BLT quarter pounder, asked for no pickles - instead got a patty in buns with just pickles.

I don't know where it all fell apart - because the receipt that I got back read it right, I think the line cook read "bacon lettuce tomato burger, with everything removed but pickles".

BUT WHY WOULD I ORDER A BLT AND THEN ASK FOR THE BLT TO BE REMOVED?!
Lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom