• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reddit user reveals McDonalds secret menu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rembrandt

Banned

FUME5

As part of their design it your way push they're having over here (there are touch screen menus in-store for you to make your own burger) I saw this promoted to my Twitter feed the other day:

CHHJ9-cVIAAsP9f.jpg

So yeah, 'hack' that secret menu kids.

FStop7

Banned
49f418a3ccba9247029b30ff1549893e9acfaf2c.jpg

YO, my gnarly redditors? Have you heard The Good Word about McDonalds TOTALLY RAD secret menu? I am a Cool Young Demographic like you! Let's rap about that new Roxette CD!

kingwingin

Add special sauce + lettuce and hold the mustard and ketchup. It was once a simple swap but some locations caught on and started charging a fee.
in canada corporate mcdonalds don't charge but if you try it at a non Corp they add 2 bucks a burger

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
All these McDonalds threads are making me realise how far ahead Australian McDonalds is compared to the rest of the world. We've been doing this at Maccas for as long as I can remember.

I'm pretty sure Create Your Taste actually originated here in Australia as a matter of fact.

Quick

Banned
The McDonald's "secret" menu is probably one of the more well-known secret menus.

I've never actually ordered a McGangbang myself, but I have seen a McDonald's actually process that order for someone. and having the line guys assemble it. This was late at night and they weren't busy. Probably best to assemble yourself if you want this during the day.

I haven't been to McDonalds in probably at least 5 years but when I used to go I would just get cheeseburgers and ask to have them dressed like a mac. So essentially I would get a single patty bigmac.

you can order them, they'll acknowledge it, then you drive away and you get the normal thing they're programmed to make instead

also, viral marketing yay

Why not just eat somewhere else?

Disclaimer: I had a nice crispy chicken sandwich combo today from McDonald's for a late lunch.

I have a cracked screen that covered part of the "n"

I would probally try a rice crispy chicken sandwhich. Like a thin rice crispy patty on top of the chicken.

I once asked for a McGangBang and they knew what I was talking about, but it was a college town. Coincidentally I'm sure that every college town/city thinks they created it.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
One of the more interesting secret menus happens at Taco Bell when they are switching out some of their menu but before the inventory is gone. You can get them to throw together some stuff that's really not on the menu anymore.

Yeah. If you have to tell them how to make it you can't call it a secret menu. Like others pointed out it sounds like a pathetic attempt at viral marketing.
What? They asked him, he didn't bring it up. That's a pretty bad marketing plan, to hope Reddit asks you if it exists. And probably not a good idea to say your grilled chicken sandwich is disgusting in a marketing attempt. Pay attention.

I ordered a McGangBang 2 1/2 years ago because a coworker mentioned that he used to work at McDonald's and that it was a thing. I ordered it and they made exactly what he told me they would make.

Ponn

Banned
One of the more interesting secret menus happens at Taco Bell when they are switching out some of their menu but before the inventory is gone. You can get them to throw together some stuff that's really not on the menu anymore.

It's all the same ingredients at Taco Bell though, what do they ever run out of?

blamite

I hate the name, but the McGangBang is the only thing I get from McDonalds anymore.

I assemble it myself, obviously.

that's not what a secret menu is, that's just the obvious fact that restaurants will sell you stuff

a secret menu is when the point of sale system has buttons not visible on the public menu and employees are aware that you can order those things. like, you know, the secret menu at in-n-out.

For example, at certain Abby's pizza locations, you can order a "Double Bacon Cheeseburger" pizza (Thousand Island dressing as the sauce, three cheese blend, Canadian bacon and bacon bits, and beef. Topped with fresh lettuce and tomatoes after it comes out of the oven) and a "BLT" pizza (white sauce, bacon bits. Topped with fresh lettuce and tomatoes like the previous). They used to be a normal menu item over 10+ years ago or so that was removed, but still gets ordered from time to time, and used to still be in the POS system until corporate bought new systems for its stores.

You can't order a McGangbang everywhere. My McDonald's in particular refused to ring it up if they asked for it under that name. In the end you could only order it if you explained what it was without using that term or asked for a "Barn Burner."

hirokazu

As part of their design it your way push they're having over here (there are touch screen menus in-store for you to make your own burger) I saw this promoted to my Twitter feed the other day:

CHHJ9-cVIAAsP9f.jpg

So yeah, 'hack' that secret menu kids.

Isn't that just a Big Mac? Stop trying to be cool, Maccas. And stop trying to own the word Maccas. We own it, not you.

soco

I'm not sure why people try to label these as secret menus. It's only secret for people who can't use their imagination or don't know you can order modifications or slap two things together.

More importantly, there's no revealing in that thread. This shit has been "revealed" for years. We've had like 5 different GAF threads about them from McDonalds and other restaurants.

gutshot

I hate how all these blogs and news sites just regurgitate whatever is on the front page of Reddit. 95% of the time it is bullshit non-news like this that has been known about forever.

Journalism is dead.

I don't know why but hearing someone use the word hacking outside of tech talk irritates me. Even within tech talk, hacking is such a catch all word and I hate applying it to people using scripts.

Anyway all of these combinations sound horrible and I like mcdonalds on occasion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom