• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Report: RTX 4090 Ti/Super cancelled

Draugoth

Gold Member

NVIDIA RTX 4090 Ti no longer planned, according to a reputable leaker​

Kopite7kimi, known for being a highly reliable source on upcoming NVIDIA hardware, has stated that there are no plans for an RTX 4090 Ti. Additionally, it’s mentioned that NVIDIA will introduce new AD103/AD106 models for the RTX 4070/4060, but these models aren’t entirely new SKUs; rather, they are likely intended to optimize chip sales, and they may primarily be targeted at the Chinese market.

Currently, NVIDIA doesn’t have a pressing need for the RTX 4090 Ti because the RTX 4090 stands as the most powerful GPU available, and there’s limited competition from AMD in this high-performance segment. While there have been rumors about a potential refresh or the addition of 3D V-Cache to the RDNA3 series from AMD, these speculations haven’t posed any real concern for NVIDIA. Until a significant shift occurs in the market, it’s unlikely that an RTX 4090 Ti will be introduced.

Kopite7kimi, known for being a highly reliable source on upcoming NVIDIA hardware, has stated that there are no plans for an RTX 4090 Ti. Additionally, it’s mentioned that NVIDIA will introduce new AD103/AD106 models for the RTX 4070/4060, but these models aren’t entirely new SKUs; rather, they are likely intended to optimize chip sales, and they may primarily be targeted at the Chinese market.

Currently, NVIDIA doesn’t have a pressing need for the RTX 4090 Ti because the RTX 4090 stands as the most powerful GPU available, and there’s limited competition from AMD in this high-performance segment. While there have been rumors about a potential refresh or the addition of 3D V-Cache to the RDNA3 series from AMD, these speculations haven’t posed any real concern for NVIDIA. Until a significant shift occurs in the market, it’s unlikely that an RTX 4090 Ti will be introduced.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Knowing I wont have to decide if I REALLY need one or not

Cbs Omg GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

I don’t agree with this rumour as it doesn’t really add up. 4090 uses the AD-102 die and features 16384 active shaders. The full die features 18432 shaders. That leaves ~12% perf improvement on the table for a new product. More if they utilise faster RAM or higher clocks. NVidia likely have a stockpile of these defect free dies available now. Unless perhaps NVidia don't want to push GPU performance further right now there is no upside to this.

It could be that the 4090 Super/4090Ti name has simply been retired and the a new GPU will be called something else (perhaps Titan or something else). We know that there have been shroud leaks. The point is, as with all rumours, are this with a grain of salt.

zeroluck

All 4090ti are in GeforceNow servers, they probably don't have enough for consumers. Cyberpunk overdrive already obsolete dmy 4090, I need 5090 asap.

Puscifer

They need to get the pricing under control because if they don't my 4080 is the last GPU I'm buying, I know I'm the problem but wouldn't have gotten unless I already had like 800 dollars in gift cards

proandrad

GPUs need a massive price correction. These companies have let corporate greed get out of hand. Their focus should be on making the current GPUs cheaper and more power efficient.

Virex

Banned
That sucks!!!! I don't know what I am going to do not!!! I feel completely devastated to be honest. If I can't buy a 4090Ti or Super, then how else can I remind people of my superiority if I can't constantly mention that I have one. sigh:messenger_pensive:

//DEVIL//

Hugs 4090!

You still the best bbe xxxx
My exact feelings. Makes me feel better about my purchase . Not that I was gonna jump into the 4090ti anyway.

My jump is always with new architecture. Next card will be 5090.

With that being said. With the state of the PC market is in, I really don't think it's necessary at all. But we shall see.

Hudo

They probably wanted to sell that shit for $3000 and all of their market studies showed that even the most hardcore people wouldn't pay that much.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Nvidia is suffering from success. They don't have anyone to push them to their limits. :messenger_downcast_sweat:
Oh well, I'll go from 3090 to 5090.

Last edited:

Puscifer

But not like they used to.
As they should be, this generation of GPUs seemingly polarized everyone and I love to see it. Because they're making halo products out of every tier of GPU and that isn't the case, look I understand everything increases but it's wild to me a high end PC went from 1000-1200 to nearly and above 2K and midrange is now 1K, this isn't sustainable and I fully understand those who would get a console regardless of the benefits I feel about PC gaming.

Last edited:
Top Bottom