• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Report: RTX 4090 Ti/Super cancelled

Lupin3

Targeting terrorists with a D-Pad
And another 100W of power consumption. What a sad day for gamers!

season 11 episode 6 GIF

SantaC

Cool, happy waiting for the 5080/5090 and spending on that instead.
No hurries, I can wait for 5000 series

you will be waiting until late 2025

Last edited:

Senua

Hoping for supers of lower end cars like turing, as they shit the bed quite hard too first time around.

They are so far ahead atm that it's pointless especially when you have games saying they are built around upscaling which is where they have clear open water between themselves and AMD.

The 40 series cards are overpriced due to lack of competition but they are amazing. I got a 4080 for under £1k (just checked and it is £1,250 today) and even that is outrageous but the card itself is the best I've had by a huge margin. Cool, quiet, very efficient and great features. DLSS 2 and 3 are not just a gimmick anymore but an auto pick in most games.

I've had more AMD cards (and mostly AMD CPUs) over the years so I'm no fanboy and hope that AMD stop playing catch up and start bringing the fight like they did with Ryzen.

Last edited:

Fine by me. My 3080 is doing well enough for me.

//DEVIL//

I highly doubt Nvidia won't be releasing a flagship in 2024.

skneogaf

Happy for my bank account but unhappy as I bought a 1080ti, 2080ti, 3090ti before my 4090 and I was prepared to buy a 4090Ti

Silver Wattle

Gold Member
What is wrong with people that compare high end GPU'S to consoles? Do you have a vacuum inside your head instead of a brain?

Celcius

°Temp. member
Feels so fucking good to have won again. Last GPU was the 1080 Ti, bought it day one. Lasted nearly 6 years. Dodged the garbage 20 and 30 series, bought a 4090 in October 2022. And now it looks like it'll be king until 2025.

Smells like... victory.
I've never heard anyone call the 30 series garbage. Ampere was a huge step up from Pascal.

Feels so fucking good to have won again. Last GPU was the 1080 Ti, bought it day one. Lasted nearly 6 years. Dodged the garbage 20 and 30 series, bought a 4090 in October 2022. And now it looks like it'll be king until 2025.

Smells like... victory.
Spending £1600 on a GPU doesn’t sound like a victory to me. Also the 30 series are generally considered good value. The 3080 and 3060ti in particular were very well regarded on release.

diffusionx

Gold Member

Smells like... victory.
Only $535 a year lmao

//DEVIL//

Only $535 a year lmao
Worth it lol

Also, We really do not pay that much every few years. Just before the new GPU is out. like 3 months or so before, I usually sell my card for a high price. usually 70% of its value I get back. So if a card is 1600$ before Tax for example, I usually sell it for 1300 to 1250 lowest. I use a cheap GPU as back up or play with my PS5 till I get the new card and so on.

So you do not really pay 1600$ every 2 years or whatever.

Last edited:

EDMIX

Fine by me. My 3080 is doing well enough for me.

I mean, the way its looking 3080, 6950 XT etc will max out like every game this generation anyway. I think when those prices fall, then sure the 4090 might be a good buy, but I don't know about paying a HUGE price, for basically a few percentage gains. How I see it, 4090 is great for RT, but shiiiiiiiiit $1500 great? I don't know about all that now lol

Doing a few builds with the 6800 XT, 3080 and recently the 6950 XT, theses cards fucking smoke like 100.00% of every major AAA game, like basically maxing out, ultra, 100 plus fps

Going beyond that seems to be almost pointless unless you do something in some field that requires the extra GPU gains or something. So I'm currently working on a build where I'm looking for a 4090 to be at the center of it still, but that price got to be right though.

kiphalfton

I don't think I could care less.

This generation has been garbage from Nvidia, with the regular RTX 4090 being the ONLY standout.

That isn't to say I'd ever pay $1500+ for it.

Drizzlehell

Banned
PC bros when a refreshed version of their current GPU is canceled: "phew, thank god, saves me some money!"

Console bros when a butterfly flaps its wings in a way that indicates a possibility of a mid-gen refresh:
480x360

Senua

PC bros when a refreshed version of their current GPU is canceled: "phew, thank god, saves me some money!"

Console bros when a butterfly flaps its wings in a way that indicates a possibility of a mid-gen refresh:
480x360
PC gamers hate spending money, console gamers LOVE IT.

Alanis Morissette Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Top Bottom