• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ymir

b7M1RoE.png

H5WuGMr.gif

Gtfo!
I feeling like he's going to have a coming out and join REEEEEEEE's troon army soon enough.

So banning people for saying the newly out trans woman will act differently now that she is living more true to herself.

Then banned for saying they might act exactly the same and it is only a change of clothes and voice.

What exactly are we discussing? Just lock the OP and only allow upvotes. There is no discussion taking place.

They say they don't want likes for posts because they want you to spell out your approval in words. They want that modicum of control exerted over you at all times. It can't be so simple as clicking a button to give a thumbs up. You must profess your faith to them at every opportunity or you are now the other.

Funny you mention that since there's people in that thread complaining about why is any response besides "congrats" allowed.

ucbhGLH.png

Last edited:

Ionian

I feeling like he's going to have a coming out and join REEEEEEEE's troon army soon enough.

Think you have something there. He hasn't talked about his wife in years and is constantly talking about trans issues.

Which is fine, let him be her. He just can't give relationship advice as he has no experience and is creepy AF.

I will never recover from the hot-wings video.

Valedix

Thread backfire of the year goes to...

nush

Gold Member

Math fail when it's right in the topic title.

xZHzCkD.png

Ageism, it's OK when the guy is the older one. Gender swap it and they'll be all Go Girl!

bronkonagurski

Gold Member

The part about someone making an effort to improve themselves was bound to kill the thread anyways.

Jimx26

They have a massive issue with older men dating women younger than them. Even a few years and it’s labelled creepy.

KrakenIPA

Been like that for years. The mods either quit or double-down.
I guess being a lurker for so long both here and there, then getting the opportunity to actually post there, I never felt that my honest shit-tier takes were very well received. Such a very serious video game forum over there HAR! Let's just say, its good to be back home.

Ionian

If hostility is a bannable offense, why is excelsior still there? excel’s one and only shtick is to be hostile to everyone and everything, constantly.

Admittedly so as well. Think they're thinking they're Captain America in 'Civil War' when in reality they're just a screeching Canadian.

They pick fights, get people banned and then go silent. I agree with how they aren't banned, they cause chaos and love it.

And that is fine by the mods/admins there.

It's right in front of your eyes Hecht, how easier does it get?

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
It's right in front of your eyes Hecht, how easier does it get?
excel is probably the #1 Era member for post number, and the most prominent trans member they have, regardless of the noise made by Kyuuji on gaming side.
excel was a professional forum dweller and screecher way before Era was even a thing. excel’s rise to fame on old GAF coincides perfectly with old GAF going down the gutter.
excel is also one of the biggest banbaiters on the site. Engaging with excel in any way but enthusiastic approval is to call for a ban.

Banning excel a long time ago could have made the forum better in the long run, but now, even entertaining the idea is impossible. The waves made by Ketkat’s ban would be ripples in the ocean compared to the consequences of banning excel.

Foobella

Neo Member
I'm just a lurker there really, and even then only because it's so active it's a decent source for gaming news. But even lurking there is just so exhausting because of the mental gymnastics everyone seems to go through so they can smugly claim to have the moral high ground over the most asinine thing. That Keanu thread on the other page being the perfect example.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
They have a massive issue with older men dating women younger than them. Even a few years and it’s labelled creepy.

A 55 year old is from Gen X, not the Baby Boom years, that these muppets fail to know the diff just shows how idiotically ageist these clowns are; to them everyone older than them is Boomer in the same way that everyone politically to their right is a Nazi...

The sheer stupidity and small-mindedness is off the charts.

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
excel is probably the #1 Era member for post number, and the most prominent trans member they have, regardless of the noise made by Kyuuji on gaming side.
excel was a professional forum dweller and screecher way before Era was even a thing. excel’s rise to fame on old GAF coincides perfectly with old GAF going down the gutter.
excel is also one of the biggest banbaiters on the site. Engaging with excel in any way but enthusiastic approval is to call for a ban.

Banning excel a long time ago could have made the forum better in the long run, but now, even entertaining the idea is impossible. The waves made by Ketkat’s ban would be ripples in the ocean compared to the consequences of banning excel.

I think they did get banned once and then used emplotional manipulation to get it rescinded. Threatened to off themselves or something. Now banning them is off limits just in case they oven their head. Basically they can be as obnoxious as what they want and the only way the mods can not ban them is to position them as a victim with counter bans.

It's puppet moderation. Might as well have patreons set up for the mod team so the bias is more visible at least

Ionian

I think they did get banned once and then used emplotional manipulation to get it rescinded. Threatened to off themselves or something. Now banning them is off limits just in case they oven their head. Basically they can be as obnoxious as what they want and the only way the mods can not ban them is to position them as a victim with counter bans.
Exactly what happened. Came back with a faux apology, went quiet for a bit and then went right back to attacking users and getting people banned.

That user lives for drama, if there is none they just make it up.

50k+ posts of attacking other users. Just make them a mod and get it over with.

Last edited:

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
50k+ posts of attacking other users. Just make them a mod and get it over with.
They know all too well that modding excel would be very dangerous for the forum as a whole. If Nepenthe is female Bish, excel would literally play whack-a-mole with that banhammer 24/7. Like I said before, making some very well known Era members mods would be making thought police a very real thing.

Ionian

They know all too well that modding excel would be very dangerous for the forum as a whole. If Nepenthe is female Bish, excel would literally play whack-a-mole with that banhammer 24/7. Like I said before, making some very well known Era members mods would be making thought police a very real thing.

Agreed. Just mean that's in an already downward spiral. Modding Excel would simply be the death knell needed.

Also would be funny, enough asshole mods already. One more can't hurt as they have their weekly meetings.

Where will they go though? The ultimate question.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
What they actually want is the clout that comes with being transgender in intersectional culture.

Ironically their allyship is not about supporting the marginalized and mistreated, its about empowering themselves so they can feel a smug sense of self-righteousness and prate at/piss all over everybody else.

Horrible people, and worse hypocrites.

UnNamed

Banned
I'm kinda baffled how Resetera think it's morally acceptable to boycott a 20 people dev team's game that took years to finish only because a publisher's staff trolled around on 8CHAN. So they are literally advocating to bankrupt an indie dev team with an interesting premise, and are now called nazis. lol. Never change...
Don't know why you are so surprised, Resetardeds are pretty good at mental gymnastics, it's actually the only think they are good at considering they fail in everything else.

Example of what is common on Resetera:
Me and you talking about Mercedes cars.
Resetera members: German also invented nazism, so you support nazi?
Resetera mods: Banned: Dismissing concerns about nazism.

Fart Knight

Al Pachinko, Konami President
I'm just a lurker there really, and even then only because it's so active it's a decent source for gaming news. But even lurking there is just so exhausting because of the mental gymnastics everyone seems to go through so they can smugly claim to have the moral high ground over the most asinine thing. That Keanu thread on the other page being the perfect example.

4wa6tr.jpg

InDaGulag

I bet excel is the most ignored user on any platform in history. That dude is 100% insufferable. It's not even humorous any longer, the mods straight up allow him to abuse others.
It's she, but yes she is a huge asshole. She appears to dislike almost every other Era member. I'm not sure why she still visits the site if she hates most of the userbase.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I bet excel is the most ignored user on any platform in history. That dude is 100% insufferable. It's not even humorous any longer, the mods straight up allow him to abuse others.

Also Shugga

I don’t know why anyone wants to sit on the internet and respond negatively to everything all the time?

kamkamkam

Got my account approved to post at era today.

Crazy how it seems like people are looking for a fight or to shut threads down.... No topic is safe no matter how niche.

Ionian

do the NeoGAF.com moderators have this kind of dedication? I demand they stay up for 48 hours straight to prove they have more

Wvl0pX4.png

Think that was one of the mods that was trans and entered the discord to ask for peace. Then got kicked out.

37 hours though? Nice drugs you got there, also get a real job and live your life. You kinda make money, it's useful.

Think that was one of the mods that was trans and entered the discord to ask for peace. Then got kicked out.

37 hours though? Nice drugs you got there, also get a real job and live your life. You kinda make money, it's useful.

Please link to the thread.

Ionian

Please link to the thread.

It's in this thread, dunno how far back but was late last year.

To sum it up, mods went into the trans discord over Cyberpunk 2077 and Black Chambers idea to do a thread.

- He was working with trans members.
- Mods were kicked out.
- Nepenthe (against advice joined the discord and was kicked) Not before they suddenly declared they were now non-binary to get in.

- Black Chamber was banned for an old comment. It was so bloody stupid. I wouldn't waste your time, but it is in this thread.

Dunno how many pages back. Happy hunting.

Jezbollah

When Incels meet girls

(can't blame the guy. if you've spent 35 years without touching a girl, you're gonna get excited finally binning the V badge).

cormack12

Gold Member
When Incels meet girls

(can't blame the guy. if you've spent 35 years without touching a girl, you're gonna get excited finally binning the V badge).

I think that's when you use the fall back manoeuvre of tummy or back. Or if you're a stud, tits or face.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
When Incels meet girls

If the poster pivots to transwoman then she can't be the father. Otherwise science is transphobic.
You're welcome 40 year old Virgin.

nush

Gold Member
When Incels meet girls

Never creampie a girl that's got your contact details.

You just know that guys gonna go back and tap it a load more times because she's the only woman in the world that will have sex with him. Seems awfully coincidental that plan B apparently makes her sick. I'm putting good money down her biological clock was ticking and she found a mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom