• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
He's made only ever made two posts, both in this thread. A wild Ree has escaped the enclosure.
I, for one, don’t disagree with the sentiment.

There’s no need to, say, talk about Nepenthe’s car loan every time, or to resort to actual insults. Phonepunk went off the deep end with that and got a ban. The stuff from Era we post here is so ridiculous that the jokes write themselves, and I think that’s the point of the thread.

Soodanim

Just accept you're no longer who you thought you were🤷
While “cis” has the same etymological root as “trans”, this topic feeds into something wider: people in general are afraid of the word “normal”. Cis is a nicer word than saying “Free of sex related biological defects”. And while that’s fine and shouldn’t be taken as an insult, you can’t be mad at people if they don’t know what cis means. It’s a Latin word that was rarely used until recent years.

Note the distinction of “biological defect”. Biological defect in the sense that the purpose of sexes is sexual reproduction, and to deviate from that is biologically speaking a failure if our biological purpose is to procreate. This is separate from societal normals, which are informed by factors such as morals with science often being the least useful or relevant influence.

Last edited:

Dick Jones

Gold Member
Check out this dudes tag, sorry don’t know how to screenshot it on mobile:

“Diversity Analyst Member” what does that entail?
The funniest thing when you look at the character of Miles is that the Black Community are claiming him, even though he is proud of his Puerto Rican heritage and Miles' skin is from his father's side, a cop who they detest automatically. 🤷‍♂️

Ymir

The funniest thing when you look at the character of Miles is that the Black Community are claiming him, even though he is proud of his Puerto Rican heritage and Miles' skin is from his father's side, a cop who they detest automatically. 🤷‍♂️
Also completely ignoring the fact that the first Spiderman on PS4 was also a huge success but they did also try to cancel a black guy for saying Miles has the "exaggerated swagger of a black teenager" so you can really just make up whatever narrative you want.

Ymir

oh boy, bout to get wild
This three post combo is incredible

K5pk7I5.png

Edit: Fixed image

Last edited:

chris121580

because I said people here are invalidating their potentially valid posts by making baseless personal attacks despite the thread title literally telling them not to?

I don’t disagree with the overall point being made in this thread. I disagree with how it’s being made in some cases. Am I not allowed to say that?

edit: btw I just checked why I was banned there And it’s not for the reasons Nush posted above so I legit don’t even know what user they’re looking at. I was “Cokie bear” and was banned for dismissing racism when actually I was just disproving racism. It was also at least a year ago that I was banned there.
No because you're blaming the mods for the environment at Era. There are a ton of stupid people on that forum that have zero life experience and quite frankly, I don't even know how they get through the day. They go through life thinking the world owes them something. It's highly entertaining to watch people with such a skewed view of the world and to blame their problems on everyone else but themselves.

GeekyDad

No because you're blaming the mods for the environment at Era. There are a ton of stupid people on that forum that have zero life experience and quite frankly, I don't even know how they get through the day. They go through life thinking the world owes them something. It's highly entertaining to watch people with such a skewed view of the world and to blame their problems on everyone else but themselves.
To be fair, though, wasn't it the mods who kinda were up in arms about what(ever -- still seems vague to me) happened here and spearheaded the mass exodus? I still lurked here, usually once or twice a week, but my only reason for frequenting there was, well, traffic. This place kinda died overnight back then in terms of discussion, and I still wanted to talk and read about gaming. It's only recently that I feel traffic has picked up again here to a point where I feel like I can be active.

My point being, that I would guess the mods there had much to do with regard to molding the discussion (or lack thereof) over there. It's getting harder for me, personally, to stay involved in the discussion over there because it's just so destructive, even in the gaming forum, of course.

kamkamkam

To be fair, though, wasn't it the mods who kinda were up in arms about what(ever -- still seems vague to me) happened here and spearheaded the mass exodus? I still lurked here, usually once or twice a week, but my only reason for frequenting there was, well, traffic. This place kinda died overnight back then in terms of discussion, and I still wanted to talk and read about gaming. It's only recently that I feel traffic has picked up again here to a point where I feel like I can be active.

My point being, that I would guess the mods there had much to do with regard to molding the discussion (or lack thereof) over there. It's getting harder for me, personally, to stay involved in the discussion over there because it's just so destructive, even in the gaming forum, of course.

I think its circular, the mods enable toxic users by selectively banning. The users enable toxic mods by calling for bans.

This thread encapsulates everything wrong with Resetera. Love the Ori games but the dev at Moon Studios is a complete moron for posting this little diatribe. Excelsiorlef is a complete moron. because they are a complete moron. Basically hijacks the thread to repeat the same shit ad-nauseam. Kyuuji doing their damnedest to follow suit. Someone has a fear of this creating Gamer Rage? The only Gamer Rage was me reading 8 pages of this "discussion." A page worth of what is and is not "Dog-piling."

Plus

It's genuinely creepy.

It's unsettling tbh

It's not dog piling my gosh.

It's something all right.

Last edited:
Era is trying their hardest to run another "Verified" account off the site.

YIKES!

i4VKym3.png

This person gets it but now has excel's attention, I wonder if they'll be banned...

EDIT:

xyWQzNq.png

"Gaming Forum"

Last edited:

Loope

OP writes wall of text, calls the save system retarded, gets banned and the thread is locked because he's banned :messenger_tears_of_joy:
Finally something good about Dead Space 3!
Not going to lie, had to google ableism and i still didn't find that in that post

Era is trying their hardest to run another "Verified" account off the site.

GVaB0Lq.png

lmao this is somewhat ironic

GVaB0Lq.png

lmao this is somewhat ironic
That thread (and basically ResetEra as a whole at this point) is pretty much the Kyuuji & excelsiorlef show. I wonder if thomasmahler made that thread intentionally to get driven off of the forum. Imagine wanting to cater to an audience that toxic. Or better yet, imagine feeling bad about these two clowns not wanting to buy your games anymore (though they'll still play them if someone sends them a code!)

I love the Ori games but... is this Thomas Mahler guy fucking stupid? Why have a verified account showing who you work for on ERA and POSTING shit about people that might end up being your coworkers someday? Is that just for some public points with the general idiots at ERA or "gamers"? He is just rude to Molyneaux, Murray and others... I get it, they lied, and as a consumer I would be pissed off at them, but as the creative director of a company under Microsoft... dude, keep your mouth shut. Oh and I guess he learned the right way posting there will get you fucked sooner or later, which usually happens with devs/celebrities in Social Media... thread apparently backfired lol.

Kingdok

Neo Member
Honestly criticizing colleagues and people in your industry is perfectly fine, but the dude really did type a paragraph complaining about No Man's Sky stealing his spotlight and think it didn't sound really petty.

belmarduk

I guess he just really, really needed to vent and ERA seemed like a perfect place to do that, or so he thought

GAF is better for just about everything. We just need more gaming industry types than ResetEra.. if you consider how they abuse developers over there because of things like Transgender representation (in the most trans-positive fucking game of all time, no less) they will hopefully be flocking back here.

ResetEra, from the looks of it, is becoming one of the most authoritarian forums I've been on. Everything is so sterilized, controlled, and hypersensitive. I really just go there to talk about the business shit because that's generally pretty fun to talk about. But about actual games? Fuck no. These people are fucking insufferable and cannot handle different opinions over a fucking artform. Just enjoy a goddamn video game. Stop crying over all the phobias or isms. Sometimes you just need to detox. It's sadly, so far, relatively stable because the moderation likes to empower and uplift the most egotistical users. Kyuuji definitely has the numbers of several mods and admins. The mods are also understaffed to deal with the perpetual temper tantrums and mental breakdowns from the most mentally unstable users. Just look at that PlayStation mod who stayed up for 37 goddamn hours. Also Kyuuji succeeded in making me not want to play Transistor with that profile pic, and I'm probably messed up for saying that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom