• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 4 is the prettier RE Engine game made! What's next?

HighPoly

Banned
Based on what we've seen in Resident Evil games, what to expect from Dini Crisis using the same Engine??
Do you think Dino Crisis will use another kind of engine?? Could you even imagine how beautiful Dinossours will look like??

Last edited:
f1TervQ.png

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
RE5 remake is signposted as hard as it possibly could be at the end of REmake 4. That's next, probably 2025.

Enough with the remakes. Put this team on a new present day entry
That's what the Resident Evil 8 team is rumored to be working on(game is called ApocaIXpse). The RE 3 Remake team I'm not sure about. The RE 4 Remake team is now working on either DLC for 4, or starting production on another remake now. Don't worry, your new game is coming soon. Until then enjoy Dragon's Dogma 2.

yurinka

The next big RE Engine projects:
  • Street Fighter 6
  • Exoprimal
  • Pragmata
  • Resident Evil 4 PSVR2
  • Dragon's Dogma 2
  • Onimusha
  • Monster Hunter 6
That's what the Resident Evil 8 team is rumored to be working on(game is called ApocaIXpse).
In the leaked Capcom roadmap there there two codenamed RE projects: Biohazard Outrage (mistranslated by the leaker as Resident Evil Outbreak) and Biohazard Apocalypse.
  • Biohazard Ourage was Resident Evil Village Gold / DLC
  • Biohazard Apocalypse very likely is Resident Evil 4 remake PSVR2 version
  • Like many other ones, very likely that 'ApocaIXpse' rumor / 'leak' is only a bullshit made up stuff from a random Twitter user with no insider info at all
  • Capcom has a ton of other big AAA games under development to be released in the next few years, very likely won't release another RE title in some years

Last edited:

Puscifer

If the past behavior of Capcom is an indication, CV is more likely, since they just silently took down the fan project. They have done this with both RE2 and RE3 in the past
And it would be the one that makes sense since there's several points in the game that could literally break your play-through, rebalancing that with a new coat of paint would do wonders than games that are fine as they are (though it hasn't stopped them at all)

In the leaked Capcom roadmap there there two codenamed RE projects: Biohazard Outrage (mistranslated by the leaker as Resident Evil Outbreak) and Biohazard Apocalypse.
  • Biohazard Ourage was Resident Evil Village Gold / DLC
  • Biohazard Apocalypse very likely is Resident Evil 4 remake PSVR2 version
  • Like many other ones, very likely that 'ApocaIXpse' rumor / 'leak' is only a bullshit made up stuff from a random Twitter user with no insider info at all
That's fair if true.

• Capcom has a ton of other big AAA games under development to be released in the next few years, very likely won't release another RE title in some years
The last time a lot of GAF said this, a random Resident Evil 4 trailer dropped and it had a release date very close to the announcement. In terms of RE, I do think feel that there will be another announcement much sooner than people think.

Resident Evil 7: Biohazard - January 24, 2017
Resident Evil 2: Remake - January 25, 2019
Resident Evil 3: Remake - April 3, 2020
Resident Evil 8: Village - May 7, 2021
Resident Evil 4: Remake - March 24, 2023

It feels like they've hit a stride and are continuing that momentum. It's an easy bet to say that we will be hit with another spring/summer release of RE in 2025, with a trailer late 2024.

yurinka

That's fair if true.
It matches with the timeline in the roadmap document, adding a few extra months of delay due to covid to some projects (the document was from early 2020).

The last time a lot of GAF said this, a random Resident Evil 4 trailer dropped and it had a release date very close to the announcement. In terms of RE, I do think feel that there will be another announcement much sooner than people think.

Resident Evil 7: Biohazard - January 24, 2017
Resident Evil 2: Remake - January 25, 2019
Resident Evil 3: Remake - April 3, 2020
Resident Evil 8: Village - May 7, 2021
Resident Evil 4: Remake - March 24, 2023

It feels like they've hit a stride and are continuing that momentum. It's an easy bet to say that we will be hit with another spring/summer release of RE in 2025, with a trailer late 2024.
The thing is that in these previous years they weren't also working on AAA new IPs like Exoprimal, Pragmata or an unnamed/unannounced new IP, bringing back Dragon's Dogma 2 or making a new Onimusha, so they had many staff free to work in RE.

In addition to this, there was the covid delays and every generation to make a AAA game takes longer. I think it's more likely to expect the next main RE game for 2026 or even for 2027. Releasing it in 2027 it could be crossgen PS5/PS6.

I'm interested the next time Pragmata shows up. Probably on TGS with more Dragon's Dogma 2 footagee.

That game went dark after their delay announcement and, in the meantime, it looked more gorgeous than the first showing. It probably was the first game in which their "hair strand" rendering was featured. Just look how different the little's girl hair looks from their initial trailer and the delay announcement.

Pragmata Announcement (2020)
maxresdefault.jpg

Pragmata delayed (2021)
xC8NWZPFavLN8mjiktKgma-1200-80.jpg

Sorry for the piss poor quality but I didn't want to link the trailers.

Last edited:

Azurro

Banned
I hate you, now I want the game as it's in that trailer SO BAD. If a game deserves to be remade, it's Dino Crisis. :messenger_crying:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
I finished REmake 4 but didn't really catch anything super obvious nodding towards RE5. What'd I miss?

The final conversation between Wesker and Ada is him explaining the plan he's going to try and enact in RE5.

HL3.exe

Wished they stopped with the remakes at this point tbh.

OR go back to more obscure titles that could benefit from a remake (Code Veronica for instance), instead of remaking an already acclaimed title.

Top Bottom