• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil HD Remaster |OT| Rediscover the evil.

Sectus

This is awesome. I'd like to patch the JP versions of REmake and 0, do I just search for 0-360 (2 byte) in CE? And do you remember the memory range you searched in? I've never patched anything on dolphin..

This is what I did:
- Pause the emulator during a door animation
- Search for any value in CE (I search through entire memory, and now knowing the value you can do the initial search as "below 362").
- Resume emulator and then pause immediately afterwards.
- Search for an increased value.
- Repeat this for a short while.
- Once door animation is up, the value should be 360 or 361, and it should be obvious which value it is.
- Go into Dolphin's cheat manager and search for a value which matches the one you found in CE (it's probably possible to convert address found in CE into an AR code but I wasn't able to figure out how).
- Click the button in Dolphin's cheat manager to turn the address into an AR code.

One important thing to note, never ever do any pokes or freezes in Cheat Engine. For whatever reason, writing to Dolphin's memory via Cheat Engine is super glitchy and will not work properly. I have my own small memory editor I've written which I used alongside CE to be able to poke. But you know how the values work, so you shouldn't need to do any pokes in order to find this value.

Edit: By the way, the value works differently in RE0 and I wasn't able to figure it out myself. But someone else had already made a door skip AR code for RE0 a year ago or so.

Chabbles

This is one quality Remaster. Konami should take notes and have another go at a SH remaster, only with this amount of passion.

synce

@Sectus Thanks for the help, unfortunately I wasn't able to find the value for the JP GC ver. I thought maybe it could be something besides 0-362 but even after running a search with unknown initial value followed by increasing value I had no luck :/

motohellogoto

Neo Member
I'll be buying this the first day it comes to steam. Admittedly this isn't my favorite resident evil game but it's much better than 5 and 6, and who can pass up on those new jiggle physics?

Seik

Banned
Got my copy from Play-Asia last friday. I've been having fun with it a good part of the week-end...

NB9csmd.jpg

Finished the game with Jill on Normal with 1 save then progressed with Chris with which it takes me more time because I'm not familiar with the old keys emplacements. :p

Funny that they chose the "Resident Evil'' cover while there's a reversible ''Biohazard'' one, and then it's ''Biohazard'' on the disc.

Performance-wise it's pretty solid on the gameplay side of things, though there's a lot of stutters during cutscenes or when a zombie is burning near-camera. I can deal with that though.

finley83

Banned
Performance-wise it's pretty solid on the gameplay side of things, though there's a lot of stutters during cutscenes or when a zombie is burning near-camera. I can deal with that though.

Yeah I'm confused by this, IIRC the Wii version runs fine with zero FPS dips. I would have thought the PS3 would have more than enough power to handle this.

Magnus

Oh shit. I legit had no idea this was coming out this soon. I really thought this'd be summer or winter 2015. Awesome!!

Hey, guys. This hits Steam in about a week-and-a-half, and pre-ordering gives you access to a 30+ track soundtrack and an artbook!

Resident Evil now available for Steam pre-purchase. Contains 30+ track Soundtrack Selects and a G. Trevor Mansion guide, which acts as a 'virtual tour' through the floor plan!

Resident Evil / biohazard HD REMASTER - Steam

Also, for those who may not know: the game is also available for pre-order via both PlayStation Network and Xbox LIVE. Pre-ordering the PlayStation 3 or PlayStation 4 version will grant users access to both copies (cross-buy, if you will)!

PlayStation 3:
https://store.sonyentertainmentnetw...evil/cid=UP0102-NPUB31552_00-BHRHDHG000000001

PlayStation 4:
https://store.sonyentertainmentnetw...evil/cid=UP0102-CUSA01068_00-BHRHDPS400000001

Xbox 360:
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Resident-Evil/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80243430841

Xbox One:
https://store.xbox.com/en-US/Xbox-O...b-dd08-426b-9343-9eab42151ddd?cid=majornelson

Tido84

hi:) good to see that many of you are excited to enter the survival horror again.

in 2002 i played the game like 50 times and it was amazing. so far i played the hd version on ps3 5 times.

Capcom actually did a great job with some exceptions. A complete no go is the mentioned before Aquaring. Its really just a upscalling area. Not more.

anyway, i love the remake and i preordered the ps4 version of course to continue playing it.

and i want to thank sectus and everyone else who posted informations in the last months.

WITHE1982

Will this be available to pre-order/pre-load in the UK?

Seems a bit of a shame if we miss out on the cross-buy offer because it's not being made available.

I seriously cannot wait for this. Getting to play some genuine survival horror again after years left wanting. I'm gonna play through this so many times.

edit: It does appear on the PSN store buy you cannot do anything with it
https://store.sonyentertainmentnetw...evil/cid=EP0102-CUSA01067_00-BHRHDPS400000001

Varth

Anyone else playing ps4 download version and getting a "you have to finish your download" sort of message stopping his progress when opening the first sword door in the dining room?
Is this some kind of trial, play-as-you-download stuff or capcpom?

EDIT: yep, seems like psn went down with 50mb to go, so Guess it was play-as-you-download fare.

Patrick S.

Banned
hi:) good to see that many of you are excited to enter the survival horror again.

in 2002 i played the game like 50 times and it was amazing. so far i played the hd version on ps3 5 times.

Capcom actually did a great job with some exceptions. A complete no go is the mentioned before Aquaring. Its really just a upscalling area. Not more.

anyway, i love the remake and i preordered the ps4 version of course to continue playing it.

and i want to thank sectus and everyone else who posted informations in the last months.

This annoying expression we use in Germany isn't really used in the native English-speaking world :p

Hey, guys! Updated the OT to reflect system requirements listed for the PC version. Also, not to be a pain, but could a mod be so kind as to change "Biohazard" to "Resident Evil"? Thanks! ^_^

Anyone else playing ps4 download version and getting a "you have to finish your download" sort of message stopping his progress when opening the first sword door in the dining room?

EDIT: yep, seems like psn went down with 50mb to go, so Guess it was play-as-you-download fare.

How are you playing?!

JayEH

How are you playing?!

I would like to know this as well.

bumpkin

Flashbang detonated by shotgun to the face.

remaster__by_chabbles-d8ef4a7.gif
Whoa, wait a minute. When could you jam grenades anywhere in the original REmake? Is this something new added for BSAA Chris or Jill?

I wish this were out on the US PSN on the 19th; have the day off from work.

Mr_Zombie

Whoa, wait a minute. When could you jam grenades anywhere in the original REmake? Is this something new added for BSAA Chris or Jill?

Those are defensive items that you can use when an enemy grabs you. Both Jill and Chris can use daggers. Jill can also use tasers while Chris can use flash grenades.

joe2187

Banned
I imported the PS3 version a while back and have been playing it nonstop for the past two weeks. Went through with Jill on very easy for my first run through then with chris on hard for my second.

Ended up fighting the tyrant on hard with only a knife! twice! but I loved every minute of it. This is my first time playing REmake and I loved every minute of it. Im starting 3rd run as a speed run now.

This has become my favorite resident evil game, even surpassing RE4 and RECVX. I really hope Zero comes along as well!

Let the legend thread come back to life.

JtCXK6M.gif

If we fail, and this thread dies -- we lose our chance at hyping REmake's release on a non-Nintendo platform. But we need more posters! If you just go charging into worldwide release, you'll be putting everyone's hype at risk.

joe2187

Banned
How do you do this????

Chris has defensive items, pick up flash grenades throughout the mansion and equip them in your defensive slot. When you get grabbed you can press L2 to jab a knife/taser or grenade in their face before they manage to bite you.

GeNoMe

Nothing is showing up on the EU psStore :(
Not sure if someone asked this already? But how is Sony going to offer cross buy for people in Europe?

Ryan_MSF

Top Bottom