• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Revelations 2 |OT| Yeah, but it's only $25

RSB

Banned
Funny how the Raid mode is better than the real story mode. Graphics, gameplay and fun factor etc.
Kinda, yeah.

The campaign was pretty fun the first time around, but I've replayed it a couple of times and I'm sick of it already. Past RE never got boring for me in repeated playthroughs, not so soon at least. Oh well, here's hoping Capcom releases a remaster of RE4, 5 and 6 (I could replay those forever) while we wait for RE7.

Elija2

Oh well, here's hoping Capcom releases a remaster of RE4, 5 and 6 (I could replay those forever) while we wait for RE7.

Do we really need a remaster of RE4-6 when they're already available on PC? Heck, RE4 got a remaster just last year!

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Kinda, yeah.

The campaign was pretty fun the first time around, but I've replayed it a couple of times and I'm sick of it already. Past RE never got boring for me in repeated playthroughs, not so soon at least. Oh well, here's hoping Capcom releases a remaster of RE4, 5 and 6 (I could replay those forever) while we wait for RE7.

They should, but after they remaster Resident Evil Revelations 2.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
How do you inherit skills from different characters?

Playing online with people is boring.

Everyone just onloads all their bullets into enemies. No one uses melee, skills, commands or gestures. I try to use melee with the charge melee skill and people still kill the enemy I'm trying to melee.

Bitches don't deserve my presence.

I found a really funny guy when I was playing a random quick match with Gina and he was laughing so much and we were doing gestures and melee and spamming commands. RIP who ever you were. You and I, you and I. We were like diamonds in the sky. You was the best.

Now that online is out, was wondering if anyone out there who's high level like me wants to help me work on some medals? I could probably do em by myself, but I'd like to play with another person for a change. I tried linking up with randoms online, but everyone is way below me.

I am up to Code Red V, and working on getting all medals starting from the first stage in CRV. Send me a PM if you wanna exchange PSN names ^_^

Sorry to quote myself, but I never really got any response to this =/

I tread lightly in this thread, still playing campaign (Claire ep2 right now)

question: do the emblems and kafka drawings unlock stuff? costumes, raid mode stuff, or is it more like extra files/figurines/etc?

2nd question: when should I play the bonus chapters, after beating all 4 main ones?

derFeef

Everyone just onloads all their bullets into enemies. No one uses melee, skills, commands or gestures. I try to use melee with the charge melee skill and people still kill the enemy I'm trying to melee.

I found a really funny guy when I was playing a random quick match with Gina and he was laughing so much and we were doing gestures and melee and spamming commands. RIP who ever you were. You and I, you and I. We were like diamonds in the sky. You was the best.

Sounds like something I would do, but I have not played online :)

Arx

Neo Member

I met another Wesker yesterday. We took turns getting kills while the other shouted "PRAISEWORTHY!" repeatedly and throwing smokescreens. Fun players exist! Don't give up on the internet yet!

Ralemont

not me

question: do the emblems and kafka drawings unlock stuff? costumes, raid mode stuff, or is it more like extra files/figurines/etc?

Latter.

2nd question: when should I play the bonus chapters, after beating all 4 main ones?

Yep. Or if you're chronological between 3rd and 4th ep as that's when they take place.

I would love if Capcom sells a standalone Raid mode only for Vita for like $8-10. I already have the main game so I have no real need for any of the episodes. Having Raid mode on the go would be fun.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
WTF....the episodes are done the physical copies are out and still word on the PS Vita version? This waiting sucks....

RSB

Banned
Do we really need a remaster of RE4-6 when they're already available on PC? Heck, RE4 got a remaster just last year!
Do we need a remaster? No, obviously. Videogames in general are just entertainment, they are not really needed for anything.

Do I want it? Hell yeah. And yes, I'm sure the PC versions are great and everything, but their existence doesn't make me want that remaster any less.

I have been playing Invisible mode today and it's much easier than I imagined. Also more entertaining than I expected. I really like having a predetermined equipment for each level. Just the last mission left.

The Invasion of Huge Creature event starts in 6 hours and lasts til April 30th!!!! We have to wait so long to get that extra costume... and what if we miss it? The next chance is prob ages away.

I met another Wesker yesterday. We took turns getting kills while the other shouted "PRAISEWORTHY!" repeatedly and throwing smokescreens. Fun players exist! Don't give up on the internet yet!

Roger!

Reminds me of the online shenanigans on Red Red Dead Redemption with a lobby full of John Marstons all shouting "I KILL ALL YOU SONS OF BITCHES!!" :p

Alfredo

I like how this is the only VA change anybody cares about in this series, even though almost every single character has had at least three VA's. I don't see how this affects characterization via the dialogue?

That's the thing though. Up until now, everyone's voice had been replaced EXCEPT Claire's. I was also pretty upset that they recast Ada in RE6 because she was the only other VA that had kept her original role until that point.

Ribbon

So just to 100 % confirm, I cannot play this game's campaign online cooperatively with a friend-correct? Only Raid mode?

If youre on ps4 you can use the share play to simulate local coop. Ive done it a bit myself and it worked well, im sure there are ways to do it on pc also.

LegendX48

Ah, that feeling when you play with significantly lower level randoms they just look at you all weird as you do a bunch of emotes.

One of the matches sucked though cause a lvl 1 got blind sided by a lvl 70 dude >.>

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch

They contain spoilers for the endings, so play them AFTER the main episodes

So the RE.net Event for Invasion of the Huge Creatures No. 1 is live and it gives you a costume for Gina if you meet one mission requirement which is to watch the giant enemy die.

I just played it. I'll leave the link here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvptFIbDXyo It's not live yet, still uploading.

But this was boring... though the idea was nice but this enemy does NOTHING... just stands there in the distance "walking" towards you. It will reach the beach in 20 days and you basically just have to unload as many shots as possible into it. The end. I thought maybe there would be some other enemies on the beach trying to stop you from attacking it or it would try to kill you somehow from the distance by like shaking the ground or sending huge ass waves towards you in which you had to take cover from in that tunnel.

It was nice to see this stage though and it looks great. Kind of a missed opportunity to not put more RER1 stages in RER2 Raid Mode since the beach was one of the few locations in RER1 Raid that wasn't on the ship.

Doesnt seem like Weekend Survivor event is gonna be original at all though. It's basically completing as many gauntlets/missions you can with a time limit. According to: https://www.residentevil.net/en/rev2.html

So you can only do the Huge Creatures thing once?

Once per day. But you can do it solo and co-op so I guess twice per day.

Your score is determined by the amount of damage inflicted.
The event can be played once each day.
Both player's scores will be uploaded to the solo rankings when playing online co-op.
The secondary player's data will not be sent when playing in split screen.
This event will end if all creatures are defeated.
Events can be played by selecting "Event Missions" from the deploy menu in Raid Mode.
If you have the digital edition, you must own this event's episode in order to play this event.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
The mode is disappointing. The requirement to get the costume, is really bad. Talk about fucking over like half the Earth where the Sun will be down. And then all the people with jobs and shit where the Sun is up.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
So if you find yourself trying to grind for parts/weapons I have a tip or two:

The second mission on code red is a single area. All four item chests are within ten seconds of starting. You can know your drops almost immediately. And whether or not it's worth killing the enemies to earn them or just retiring and relaunching the stage. This saves a lot of time.

It's also a really easy level. Just zombies. So if you do want the items, it's very easy to finish the level quickly. I recommend a shotgun for CQB and an automatic with a fire status effect (this is to burn through shield enemies) and things go pretty smoothly. Especially if you're high level (don't need to be recommend, since you're not playing for experience -- don't have to kill the last enemies either, and you can heal if you need to -- far as I can tell be above rec lvl doesn't seem to affect drops).

Obvioulsy this is not the funnest way to play the game, but if you're trying to get better weapons quickly or upgrade parts, seems to be working for me so far.

As far as quality of the drops... I haven't seen a purple or better yet, but I do get a lot of reds, and have gotten lvl 100 weapons. Purples are rare to begin with, so they maybe drop here, I just haven't seen it yet.

Auto-shot still eludes me. :/

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car
Auto-shot still eludes me. :/

I have 2 <_< wish I could gift them.

In other news. Wow, I missed the whole online launch. Pillars of Eternity has had me on lockdown, lol. I wouldn't mind doing some "huge creature" stuff. If any PS4 players want to co-op, hit me up. I'm not really competitive. Just playing for fun. I have a lvl 100 Jill that is a beast with her rifle for damage and setting up shock. I love helping out lower level players, too. I also have level 65 Moira melee build.

Hit me up here or on PSN: kamineko_kitteh

kamineko

Did about 1.2 million blind. Really shouldn't have taken that shotgun.

Killing one gets you a long range 6? Lol, what utter shit.

Ralemont

not me
Can anyone on ps4 even do the fucking events? Connecting to RE.net has never worked and now its locking me out of the events.

AdaWong

Your Britney Spears stanning makes me feel obligated to post this:
https://youtube.com/watch?list=FLHDWBz_8l6zP4VUDm7g4zBw&v=F_gOx6DUR24

kamineko

Can anyone on ps4 even do the fucking events? Connecting to RE.net has never worked and now its locking me out of the events.

Connecting always threw that error for me until the online patch. Seems ok for me now. Events seem ok for me, too

There's a similar thread on unity but no answers. Love the game but ps4 version seems like it's been a rough ride <_<

Elija2

I really don't understand the Dreadnaught event. First of all it's not even fun, and second of all the reward conditions are confusing. So to unlock Bleeding Gina we have to "see the exact moment the giant is defeated", but what the heck does that mean exactly? Do we have to be the one that does the killing blow or do we just have to be in the level while the thing goes down? Considering we can only play the level once per day that seems like a weird condition, especially since it seems like you could just idle in the level forever.

Your Britney Spears stanning makes me feel obligated to post this:
https://youtube.com/watch?list=FLHDWBz_8l6zP4VUDm7g4zBw&v=F_gOx6DUR24

That song is my jam! OMG!

tumblr_n7iy1hmRxu1qdcxoeo1_500.gif

Mr_Zombie

I really don't understand the Dreadnaught event. First of all it's not even fun, and second of all the reward conditions are confusing. So to unlock Bleeding Gina we have to "see the exact moment the giant is defeated", but what the heck does that mean exactly? Do we have to be the one that does the killing blow or do we just have to be in the level while the thing goes down? Considering we can only play the level once per day that seems like a weird condition, especially since it seems like you could just idle in the level forever.

Yeah, the event is boring. Seeing "event stats", where the game tells you how much damage you did and how much health does the enemy still have, makes it even worse. I would prefer if this was more akin to the fight against the Ogroman from RE6 - where you have to run around it and avoid being hit.

However, I doubt that you have to be there - in real time - when the final bullet hits the target. There's no way the game gathers data about damage dealt to the enemy, calculates it and distributes to all players in real time. It probably does that with constant intervals of time (say 15 minutes). After all, we're talking about re.net here- the network that queues requests to synchronize your uploaded game data with the site and sometimes even makes you wait for few minutes before it does sync it.

If you'd ask me, I think the event doesn't require you to literally see the giant's death (be there in the exact moment this happens), rather just participate in taking it down and succeeding.

kamineko

Yeah, the event is boring. Seeing "event stats", where the game tells you how much damage you did and how much health does the enemy still have, makes it even worse. I would prefer if this was more akin to the fight against the Ogroman from RE6 - where you have to run around it and avoid being hit.

Yeah, I pictured fighting a really big thing. Sounded really awesome. Kind of anticlimactic.

Course the prizes are mostly junk, too, so skipping it is really no big deal. I'd take the lvl 6 elite killer. Even that is underwhelming--I have one already.

I'm glad they have expanded the capabilities of events compared to rev1, but didn't rev1 give out better stuff? Or is that just nostalgia talking?

MrPanic

So, is that quick match thing totally busted on pc? Not a single match found in 3 days.

Also, wtf at the big enemy event. What an awful idea for a online event.

Top Bottom