• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Revelations 2 |OT| Yeah, but it's only $25

WTH, did they just make Code Red heaps harder since the update? (Steam)

I was using 5-6 Code Red as my go-to grind area to get A. up to a good level, everything was fine, using my level 100 Chris to beat level 95 baddies. A challenge but nothing too crazy. Now all the enemies in that area are level 105!! I keep dying as it is with level 100 Chris, there is noooo way I can beat that on the recommended level 90. What gives? :/

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Well, the island's name is
"Zabytij" - "Forgotten" -
probably for a reason ;)
Not to mention, most files were written in Russian - we don't know if and how good Claire knows Russian language :p

As usual, use melee attacks. Moira's crowbar can be really useful to stun enemies. Also, remember that after you do a melee attack with Claire you can switch to Moira and do a follow-up. It can save you a lot of ammo.

Same with Barry - Natalia episodes: Natalia can throw bricks at enemies; usually a brick automatically stuns most enemies.

I recommend you buying the Unholstered skill as fast as you can. That way when you switch to Moira/Natalia, AI-controlled Claire/Barry will still be able to use their weapons - shots will be less powerful, but they also won't consume any ammo. It's especially useful if you equip your gun-using character with a shotgun or magnum since even if they don't deal that much damage they can still stun or at least push back enemies for free.

Cool, thanks. I bought that skill after beating the first level, but I hadn't thought of equipping the shotgun before switching characters. That's a good idea.

I never really considered using Moira at all since she seemed kinda useless but I guess I'll give her flashlight/crowbar combo a try.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Cool, thanks. I bought that skill after beating the first level, but I hadn't thought of equipping the shotgun before switching characters. That's a good idea.

I never really considered using Moira at all since she seemed kinda useless but I guess I'll give her flashlight/crowbar combo a try.

Moria is honestly kind of broken (not even) fully upgraded... lol. You will have so much ammo with Claire, won't even be able to carry it.

So I just went onto Steam offline mode and lo and behold, the enemies are back down to level 96. That's really weird, either being online increases Code Red difficulty dramatically (solo or multiplayer, I checked) or RE.net could somehow see I was shamelessly grinding that level, and tried to make countermeasures, lol.

joe2187

Banned
WTH, did they just make Code Red heaps harder since the update? (Steam)

I was using 5-6 Code Red as my go-to grind area to get A. up to a good level, everything was fine, using my level 100 Chris to beat level 95 baddies. A challenge but nothing too crazy. Now all the enemies in that area are level 105!! I keep dying as it is with level 100 Chris, there is noooo way I can beat that on the recommended level 90. What gives? :/

http://www.capcom-unity.com/brelsto...her-tweaks-arrive-as-part-of-free-rer2-update

In addition to enabling Online play, this Title Update will also up the difficulty of all the "Code Red" stages in Raid Mode. After applying the update you'll be able to test your might against these harder stages just by being online.

Evolved1

COOOOL > (don't read if you don't want a surprise ruined)
Raid Mode Character: Bloody Gina? New character skins are incoming?!!
HYPEE

Unless it's just a RE.net avatar or something terrible like that...

I don't see where you read that...

Anyway, I was quite annoyed earlier about the leaderboards for this event being full of cheaters... I mean, what else could they be doing? I messaged a friend asking, maybe they are using rockets and throwables, cheesing it? But even that would be impossible, you'd run out!

And then I read this on their forum:

Its very easy guys to make it in cca 8 mins, get lvl 100 character , max up electric bombs , rocket launcher, weapons ... Then have hearts to resurect. Everytime you resurect you get back launcher ammo and bombs , die 5 times to get 15 launcher ammo . Easy as whole revelations 2 raid . Have a nice day all

Wow. Fuck off Capcom.

I'm sure the LB is still mostly people cheating, but this was something that caught me off guard. They got so greedy with these stupid life crystals. The question: intended or unintended consequence right here? I bet they love it.

Neiteio

Still love this game dearly and haven't forgotten it, although I am currently obsessed with Bloodborne.

Can someone explain how the online events work? What I do, and at what times? I would like to unlock extra costumes. :)

Evolved1

Still love this game dearly and haven't forgotten it, although I am currently obsessed with Bloodborne.

Can someone explain how the online events work? What I do, and at what times? I would like to unlock extra costumes. :)

Events are scheduled. Usually a few day window per event, but it varies.

You access the events same way you would a daily or whatever... through Raid menu.

Don't worry about high level rewards, the top 100+ spots on the leaderboard is already cheaters. Fortunately costumes and stuff are usually awarded just for participation. Although sometimes the actual event has to be completed by the community. These are always completed though. Like I said, so many cheaters.

Neiteio

Events are scheduled. Usually a few day window per event, but it varies.

You access the events same way you would a daily or whatever... through Raid menu.

Don't worry about high level rewards, the top 100+ spots on the leaderboard is already cheaters. Fortunately costumes and stuff are usually awarded just for participation. Although sometimes the actual event has to be completed by the community. These are always completed though. Like I said, so many cheaters.
What's the reward for the current event? I'm mainly in it for the new costumes.

Also, are there any pics of "Trenchcoat Claire" and "Trenchcoat Barry?"

Evolved1

What's the reward for the current event? I'm mainly in it for the new costumes.

Also, are there any pics of "Trenchcoat Claire" and "Trenchcoat Barry?"

Looks like just parts rewards for this event.

Next event (Giant Enemies) awards a costume.

ECREV2-d-600x267.jpg

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Ah, Bloody Gina is a reward. I thought it was a scrapped costume. Some may remember a bit after Episode 1 released I was mentioning Raid Mode portraits in the game's files for Raid Mode, and said Bloody Gina was for some reason one of them, but thought they scrapped it. Guess it's a Raid Mode reward for some events.

Here's hoping (and I bet) that the Claire and Barry costumes will be rewards as well.

Mr_Zombie

Ah, don't underestimate Moira. Upgrade her crowbar and flashlight skills and you you can go through most encounters against low-level enemies (sometimes even against mid-level ones, like the executor, too) without even switching to Claire: you beat the shit out of baddies and eventually stun them, AI Claire does her melee attack, you do a follow up with the crowbar and the enemy is dead (or badly hurt). The best thing about using Moira though? If you get hurt as Moira, just switch to Claire for several seconds and Moira will fully heal herself up.

News Bot

Banned
Well, the island's name is "Zabytij" - "Forgotten" - probably for a reason ;)

It's actually not. Like, not even a bit. The translators made it up just like they made up it being codenamed "No.46."

In Japanese it is called "ザイン", or Zain. This term also means "Existence." So it's really Zain/Existence Island. You can go the extra mile and use the Russian term for existence too. Zabytij/Forgotten was pulled pretty much out of thin air. The writers used the same method that was used for Sheena Island, in that sheena (Irish form of shina) is the Japanese word for virtue.

It seems every single character got quite a hefty personality change in the localization, including Neil:

新世界を望む者たちへの手紙

親愛なる新世界を望む者たちへよろこんでくれ。
いよいよ我が師に報いる時だ。
ようやく目的の物を手にする時がきた。
ここまではすべて、私の筋書き通り。
あとはあの女と、最後の取引を終えるのみだ。
あれを手につかめば、いよいよ世界の秩序は変わる。

そう、この「ザイン」を見舞った狂った惨劇の数々が、ほどなく全世界でも繰り広げられることになるだろう。
そのときこそ再び、我々の名が世に響く時、怠惰のきめた世界に裁きを下す。
私はただ、我が師、モルガン様がかつて行った「テラグリジア」での計画を、役者を変えてやり直しているに過ぎない。

あの女はそのために利用させてもらった。
しかし、仲間までも欺いていたことにも罪悪感はない、と言えば嘘になる。
だが、世界を目覚めさせるためには、やむを得ない。
崇高なる理想は、尊き犠牲の上に成り立つ。
彼らの犠牲は、決して無駄にはしない。

LETTER TO NEW WORLD VISIONARIES

Be pleased, my dear visionaries of the new world.
The time has come to finally avenge my mentor.
It's all gone according to my scenario up to this point.
Afterwards, I'll end my last business with that woman.
When I get it in my hands, the global order will finally change.

Yes, many deranged tragedies have graced this "Existence" and will soon unfold all over the world as well.
This time when our name once again echoes throughout the globe, we will deal judgement to this vacuous world.
The plan my mentor Mr. Morgan originally put into action in "Terragrigia", I will merely change the actors again.

Therefore I used that woman.
However I'd be lying if I said I didn't feel guilty for betraying my friends too.
But in order to wake the world, it was unavoidable.
Noble ideals are built upon precious sacrifices.
Their sacrifices will not be in vain.

Already Chilling on the PC version thank to mods.

There are no more? Like... for other characters? Chris, Jill, Leon, Wesker?

Ah, Bloody Gina is a reward. I thought it was a scrapped costume. Some may remember a bit after Episode 1 released I was mentioning Raid Mode portraits in the game's files for Raid Mode, and said Bloody Gina was for some reason one of them, but thought they scrapped it. Guess it's a Raid Mode reward for some events.

Here's hoping (and I bet) that the Claire and Barry costumes will be rewards as well.

Yeah I remember you mentioning it and said something about an avatar but I thought that just meant that it was the RE.net avatar of bloody Gina so I didn't think it would actually be a costume.

Have you or anyone found anything else costume wise?

News Bot

Banned
New interview with the game's director Yasuhiro Anpo.

Confirms a few things I thought of. Namely t-Phobos adaptation and Claire's crush on Neil in the English version being ridiculously exaggerated.

Parts lists:

Anti-Recoil
Auto-Shot
Burst+1
Burst+2
BSAA
Capacity
Charge Shot A
Charge Shot B
Charge Shot C
Close Range
Critical Hit
Damage
Daze
DSO
Easy Hit
Electric Ammo
Electrocute
Elite Killer
Executioner
Extended Burn
FBC
Final Shot
Fire Ammo
Fire Rate
Focus
Follow-Up Strike
Force Ammo
Frostbite
Full Burst
Greedy Killer
Homing Ammo
Ice Ammo
Life Stealer
Long Range
Merciless
Mundane Murderer
Piercing
Quick Load
Scatter
Soul Eater
S.T.A.R.S.

There's no auto reload or gluttony? Best skills in RER1. What kind of sheeeet.

Neiteio

New interview with the game's director Yasuhiro Anpo.

Confirms a few things I thought of. Namely t-Phobos adaptation and Claire's crush on Neil in the English version being ridiculously exaggerated.
That's not how I'm reading it. He confirms she is attracted to him, and respects him. He just says that their official relationship, in terms of what was going on between them, was just coworker and acquaintance. That doesn't contradict the English version.

R: Regarding the relationship between Claire and Neil, were they boyfriend and girlfriend? Or did Claire have some platonic feelings for him?

YA: For Claire, Neil is supposed to be the kind of superior she can respect… as well as the kind of man she’s attracted to. In actuality, their relationship was more on the co-worker and friendship level as opposed to anything more.

Ralemont

not me
On another note some of the explanations for the plot in that interview are why RE's stories aren't taken seriously. It's better to enjoy it for the stuff like the Good Ending.

Evolved1

I think my game is glitched, I have every weapon but it isn't registering that I have all of them.

You have pale rider and murasma?

You don't need to hold them all at once either, btw.

I had like two weapons in storage when it finally popped for me. And it was when I got a pale raider.

Neiteio

On another note some of the explanations for the plot in that interview are why RE's stories aren't taken seriously. It's better to enjoy it for the stuff like the Good Ending.
I thought that interview did a good job of tying everything together.

Evolved1

It just auto shoots as long as you aim at an enemy. Basically noob skill.

Do you have it? You know, because yer a noob?

edit: lol I meant to put that as spoiler text. but i'll just leave it like that haha

News Bot

Banned
That's not how I'm reading it. He confirms she is attracted to him, and respects him. He just says that their official relationship, in terms of what was going on between them, was just coworker and acquaintance. That doesn't contradict the English version.

It outright contradicts the English version. A lot of Claire's lines in English are absolutely not what someone would say about a coworker. Least of all her desperation when Moira suggests the slight possibility he might not be what he seems, especially when her reaction is the polar opposite in Japanese.

Is it really so hard to accept that the English translators exaggerated or outright changed character personalities or perceptions? Every single character in the game, even those that don't even appear are affected.

How could our heroes ever lose when the Power Of Overcoming Fear trumps biochemistry?

How does it trump biochemistry? t-Phobos is a virus that reacts only to adrenaline and noradrenaline. They're secreted in large amounts during fear, which is mostly psychological.

Neiteio

It outright contradicts the English version. A lot of Claire's lines in English are absolutely not what someone would say about a coworker. Least of all her desperation when Moira suggests the slight possibility he might not be what he seems, especially when her reaction is the polar opposite in Japanese.

Is it really so hard to accept that the English translators exaggerated or outright changed character personalities or perceptions? Every single character in the game, even those that don't even appear are affected.
In that interview, the director said 1) Claire is attracted to Neil, which is consistent with the English version, and 2) they're not boyfriend/girlfriend, which Claire herself says in the English version. I'm just pointing out the interview doesn't contradict the English version with regards to Claire's feelings of attraction, etc.

Neiteio

How could our heroes ever lose when the Power Of Overcoming Fear trumps biochemistry? Also getting hit in the back by a ton of concrete.
The nature of this virus was it's only triggered by fear. Within those rules, it works.

And Moira appears to have
been trapped, rather than outright crushed. As the director said, when she survives, she frees herself and escapes down the remainder of the tower.

Ralemont

not me
How does it trump biochemistry? t-Phobos is a virus that reacts only to adrenaline and noradrenaline. They're secreted in large amounts during fear, which is mostly psychological.

The sensors found on each of the test subjects change color according to the amount of adrenaline secreted into the subject’s blood stream. However, if a subject is able to “win” over their fear, mentally speaking, even though physically they have adrenaline pumping through their body – that is having truly conquered their fear.

According to this the mental state of "overcoming fear" is completely separate from the adrenaline being pumped through your body. It's a mystical shield against a virus that reacts to physical chemicals in the body, even if those chemicals are still present.

News Bot

Banned
I know a lot changed, but on that particular front, where authorial intent is concerned, the director said 1) Claire is attracted to Neil, which is consistent with the English version, and 2) they're not boyfriend/girlfriend, which Claire herself says in the English version. I'm just pointing out the interview doesn't contradict the English version with regards to Claire's feelings of attraction, etc.

He said their relationship is more like coworkers. So Claire's lines are completely out of tune. She treats him normally in the first two episodes and then all of a sudden gets all hormonal in episode three because the translators wanted to make it more obvious that she was attracted to him.

When all she can say is "where did we go wrong!?" while fighting the monstrous version of someone she wasn't even in a relationship with... it's kinda desperate.

According to this the mental state of "overcoming fear" is completely separate from the adrenaline being pumped through your body. It's a mystical shield against a virus that reacts to physical chemicals in the body, even if those chemicals are still present.

That's because the virus adapts to the host in those cases, so there's no longer any "active virus" to do anything. The host's genes have already been altered and simply require a trigger to activate the mutation, similar to Albert Wesker's "resurrection."

Neiteio

He said their relationship is more like coworkers. So Claire's lines are completely out of tune. She treats him normally in the first two episodes and then all of a sudden gets all hormonal in episode three because the translators wanted to make it more obvious that she was attracted to him.

When all she can say is "where did we go wrong!?" while fighting the monstrous version of someone she wasn't even in a relationship with... it's kinda desperate.
Yes, their relationship is that of coworkers. As in, they're not officially together; they're not boyfriend and girlfriend. Which Claire herself says in the English version: "He's not my boyfriend." Neil doesn't think of Claire as a girlfriend, and Claire doesn't think of Neil as a boyfriend.

But he also says Claire is attracted to Neil. She would -like- to be his girlfriend. It's tonally consistent that she would react the way she did, desiring Neil's respect and affection as she does.

Neiteio

It's also not unthinkable to desire a deeper relationship with a coworker, even if one is not present yet.

News Bot, I'm not sure why you're so upset that Claire felt attraction to someone, lol.

Top Bottom