• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'Resident Evil' show on Netflix cancelled after one season

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'

Deadline said:
Netflix has opted not to order a second season of Resident Evil, its action horror series loosely based on the popular video game franchise. The news, which comes a month and a half after the series’ July 14 release, is not entirely surprising as the drama did not have a particularly strong showing on Netflix’s Top 10 and cost vs. viewing is the streamer’s leading renewal criterion.

Lance Reddick deserved better than this. Anyone who watched (tried at least) this would have seen this coming fifteen minutes into the first episode. Lord was it bad.

LMAO

Good riddance. The show was just a Walking Dead reject that was reworked to be tangentially related to Resident Evil. Just awful.

Like I said in the other thread, the show's greatest contribution is a fresh new Netflix Adaptation meme.
e3DceMo.jpeg

Last edited:

Durien

Not surprising, it sucked. My wife and I stuck it out but by episode 4 I would play games on my phone more than watch the show.

jason10mm

Gold Member
The question is, how much more work will they throw at the showrunners and writers of this?

"Yah almost got it, kid, if it weren't for those nasty internet fanbois! Let's double down on the next IP! Have you heard of something called Legend of Zelda? No? PERFECT!!!!"

The amount of money they burn through on throwaway shows is just mind boggling.
A few people in the gaming side pretty much said that Netflix constantly doing this is almost the equivalent of old scifi channel or Crunchyroll greenlighting a single season of a show in order to advertise the book/manga.

dr_octagon

Banned
The amount of money they burn through on throwaway shows is just mind boggling.
Netflix:

My money don't jiggle jiggle, it burns.
I'd like to see my shows struggle fo sure.
It makes me want to cancel subscription.
$6.4m in account, no profit but luckily I get tax back.

Kamina

Golden Boy
The question is, how much more work will they throw at the showrunners and writers of this?

"Yah almost got it, kid, if it weren't for those nasty internet fanbois! Let's double down on the next IP! Have you heard of something called Legend of Zelda? No? PERFECT!!!!"
Cant wait for black Link

HoodWinked

The fact that they managed to make a show about zombies with a well known IP and be this unsuccessful takes a great level of incompetence.

Top Bottom