• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Showcase | 10.20.2022

Saber

Gold Member
Looks surprisingly faithfull, I'm impressed.

As long it moves away from the cheesy and corny dialogues, I think this game will do pretty damn great.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I think I might grab the Village gold version for ps5.
Just to experience dualsense and 3d audio and be ready for psvr2. I do have steam version so it's a bit of a waste but hey

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
The start of RE4 looks a lot of Village, but I'm ok with it. El Gigante looks weird, chainsaw man looks awesome... The merchant's voice is not that great in comparison - chances are that the whole game is going to have this opinion

Let's see

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Meh. Part of me wants to praise them for doing a real remake and not an asset flip like TLOU, but the changes here dont feel that great. The AI is still dumb. The characters move like they are in slow motion. It feels clunkier as fuck compared to TLOU2. I loved RE2 when it came out but no shame in admitting that TLOU2's combat completely changed the genre. I know they are different games but RE4 was always a more action oriented game than its predecessors so I was hoping for a complete combat revamp. All I got was a bunch of QTE sequences and one roundhouse kick animation. Yay? I feel like the series has regressed since RE6 which had its issues but at least they were trying to take third person combat to another level. Simply running, stopping, shooting and running again is getting old in 2023.

The game still looks good despite being cross gen. Especially outdoors even in that shitty stream quality. Still not as impressive as Silent Hill, but thats the price you pay for tying yourself to last gen 3 years after launch.

Competent reveal. Nothing awe-inspiring.

ssringo

Gold Member
As amazing as RE4 looked the voices threw me for a loop. Likely has to do with a few hundred hours of hearing the originals. Even Ada sounded off to me. Will need to listen again and compare.

The Merchant had an almost impossible standard to live up to so I won't knock them too hard for him.

Fbh

Re4 looks great.
I'm not that much into remakes in general but I haven't replayed Re4 since the original release so I'll probably get this one

GHG

I get it, but the concept of a demo for a new perspective is something pretty new

Well it's better than nothing. I'm glad some developers/publishers are still offering demos. They should all do it but the con-men that rule the roost have zero confidence in their own products so won't.

angrod14

Oh, man. RE4 Remake is going to KICK ASS. I loved absolutely everything I saw. It all points that they're truly focused on following the original and elevating it by adding some new content. Thank god they maintained the action-focused gameplay and the "horror" vibe strictly comes from the atmosphere.

And those graphics... INSANE.

They nailed it.

I want to purchase this day one but I wonder if they're planning to release some "Gold Edition" afterwards with additional DLC like they did with Village.

Last edited:

sncvsrtoip

Still not as impressive as Silent Hill, but thats the price you pay for tying yourself to last gen 3 years after launch.
Dont wat to destory your hope of silent hill being good looking but would wait for proper gameplay... its bloober, some moment even in this short trailer looks rough

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
As amazing as RE4 looked the voices threw me for a loop. Likely has to do with a few hundred hours of hearing the originals. Even Ada sounded off to me. Will need to listen again and compare.

The Merchant had an almost impossible standard to live up to so I won't knock them too hard for him.
I think they sound great.
VOice actors aged and some are new. So it's understandable.
Much less jarring than SH2 james face and voice

Fake

RE4make was OK. The only thing that sounds off is Leon parrying a Chainsaw?

Nothing against parry, combat knife should be OK parrying fork and others things, but parrying a chainsaw was too far.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I get it, but the concept of a demo for a new perspective is something pretty new

Well, they're about to relauch the game as a Gold re-release, so makes sense to entice not just the older, but newer players as well.
'

Banned
RE4make was OK. The only thing that sounds off is Leon parrying a Chainsaw?

Nothing against parry, combat knife should be OK parrying fork and others things, but parrying a chainsaw was too far.

Leon can jump down a 10m high ladder in the original, I think parrying a chainsaw isn't far off in terms of realism lol

anthony2690

Meh. Part of me wants to praise them for doing a real remake and not an asset flip like TLOU, but the changes here dont feel that great. The AI is still dumb. The characters move like they are in slow motion. It feels clunkier as fuck compared to TLOU2.

Man, I wish I got to try out re4r like you clearly have to know how it feels and that. 🙄

Last edited:

Bartski

Gold Member
Meh. Part of me wants to praise them for doing a real remake and not an asset flip like TLOU, but the changes here dont feel that great. The AI is still dumb. The characters move like they are in slow motion. It feels clunkier as fuck compared to TLOU2. I loved RE2 when it came out but no shame in admitting that TLOU2's combat completely changed the genre. I know they are different games but RE4 was always a more action oriented game than its predecessors so I was hoping for a complete combat revamp. All I got was a bunch of QTE sequences and one roundhouse kick animation. Yay? I feel like the series has regressed since RE6 which had its issues but at least they were trying to take third person combat to another level. Simply running, stopping, shooting and running again is getting old in 2023.

The game still looks good despite being cross gen. Especially outdoors even in that shitty stream quality. Still not as impressive as Silent Hill, but thats the price you pay for tying yourself to last gen 3 years after launch.

Mushing Dave Chappelle GIF

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Finally something I can be excited for
Well, they're about to relauch the game as a Gold re-release, so makes sense to entice not just the older, but newer players as well.
'
The demo is perfect because I own the steam version but I want to compare with ps5 version since I want to get it for psvr2... so might as well get it for 3rd person and psvr2

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service

Having dumb zombies is part of the game balance. They would gyro or IR aiming to improve enemy AI and aggressiveness.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Exactly. Not just graphics. I want remakes like RE2 (and even re3).

BUt holy fucking shit. Theis RE4 looks fucking amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!
And Leon still looks great and his face is not fucked up like james from re2 lol
Ada looked off though but that maybe the angle and they can't seem to make up their mind what race Ingrid Hunnigan is
kDTCIKk.png
PYctier.jpg
Fe5JJ9k.jpg

Still hot though

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

lane kiffin roll GIF

Banned
I miss picking up OPM on a monthly basis for the demos and news drops.

We're old, the world has changed. Now it's all immediate, all hype, zero substance.

and the later ones with free games made by indy devs on those black PS1 Net Yaroze systems... they usually weren't all that amazing, but a neat bonus.
I still remember Terra Incognita, which was a pretty substantial RPG...

Last edited:
  • Strength
Reactions: GHG

Diddy X

I think 4 was just a good game but this one looks great, it's good to see they added new stuff and didn't just make the same game with new graphics.

Top Bottom