• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Vendetta - Reveal Trailer (CG Film taking place between RE6/RE7)

pizzacat

Banned
What about his Revelations look though?

latest
Where's the dumb beanie

Also RE5 Stars outfit Chris is best Chris

👌🏻

Davey Cakes

It is funny how the models have changed over the years. Then again, it's not like the movies have ever been consistent with the games.

I do think the very original RE5 Chris was the way to go. Slightly less generic than REmake Chris. Since then, they overly bulked him, then removed some of the bulk while changing the face and hair for no apparent reason, and now in this movie he looks as off as ever. Doesn't even look older, just oddly different.

Leon isn't perfect either but they haven't overly messed with him. The hair is part of the charm, and I think his RE6 model made sense. I kind of agree they could've gone "full Sawyer" (from LOST) with him but other than that, no problem really.

All that said, no interest in RE movies for me.

It is funny how the models have changed over the years. Then again, it's not like the movies have ever been consistent with the games.

I do think the very original RE5 Chris was the way to go. Slightly less generic than REmake Chris. Since then, they overly bulked him, then removed some of the bulk while changing the face and hair for no apparent reason, and now in this movie he looks as off as ever. Doesn't even look older, just oddly different.

Leon isn't perfect either but they haven't overly messed with him. The hair is part of the charm, and I think his RE6 model made sense. I kind of agree they could've gone "full Sawyer" (from LOST) with him but other than that, no problem really.

All that said, no interest in RE movies for me.

What do you mean exactly?

Just make his hair more like this:

It would work better with aging him, rather than keeping pretty much the same 90's side part style.

Oh, you just meant to make him literally look like Sawyer. Okay, the way you wrote that I took to mean change his look similar to how they changed Sawyer's look in Lost, but you know, they never changed Sawyer's look in Lost at all.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
RE4 Leon (with the swag jacket) will always be the GOAT. They ain't topping that.

I really want to see new Rebecca, hopefully they do another reveal with her soon.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
That was neat. SHOW REBECCA. Nice to see C-Virus zombies get work after 6. WHERE'S REBECCA? Wonder if that dude's the commander from Umbrella Corps...

Also what's wrong with Chris' face?
Gimmie Rebecca.

Poor Chris, he should really be sent out on solo missions since he can't keep a squad alive.

The series is really lacking in interesting villains, they always gotta come up with new big bad business men since killing Wesker and Spencer. They should bring Svetlana back, she was pretty badass.

Svetalana002_zpsfc0aeb25.jpeg

Astral Dog

Im not sure why the RE6 look is loved so much, i guess its the realistic less Anime older face, but that face with dat Hair? It doesnt fit :p looks goofy and weird. Middling Leon to me. Degeneration does a far better job at making the face realistic while making the hair work.

Davey Cakes

Oh, you just meant to make him literally look like Sawyer. Okay, the way you wrote that I took to mean change his look similar to how they changed Sawyer's look in Lost, but you know, they never changed Sawyer's look in Lost at all.
Yeah, his hair only grew longer since the pilot, but the overall look was the same.

I'd be down for a longer haired Leon, personally. Make him look a bit more gruff.

Thems some fast zombies. Also Chris really should learn to bring more people to these mansion situations. I spotted six dudes? Didn't the original STARS team have like 10?

Wait, this isn't releasing until Spring 2017?!?

And that's just to theaters???

When will the Blu-ray release then? If it's supposed to tie into RE7, why release it after the game - and possibly farther away?

EulaCapra

After losing his beloved Piers, will Chris find it in his heart to make room for Leon? Matchmaker Rebecca Chambers will certainly give it a try in this uproarious romantic comedy! Albert Wesker makes a special guest appearance as Leon's horrible boss.

I'd say stick with giving Chris a partner instead of a team, but then Piers :(

After losing his beloved Piers, will Chris find it in his heart to make room for Leon? Matchmaker Rebecca Chambers will certainly give it a try in this uproarious romantic comedy! Albert Wesker makes a special guest appearance as Leon's horrible boss.

I hope there's some sort of evident relationship between the two throughout instead of the switch flipping moment we received in 6. I want to see how these two actually respect or are friends with one another.

Jawmuncher

Wait, this isn't releasing until Spring 2017?!?

And that's just to theaters???

When will the Blu-ray release then? If it's supposed to tie into RE7, why release it after the game - and possibly farther away?

That is for Japan. So it's possible the US gets the bluray when they get it in theaters like a week or two later. Or maybe we'll get it in theaters as well. No clue yet, since capcom US hasn't said what the plans are for the movie over here.

I thought RE6 and RE7 are not direct sequels?

Not direct, but they're in the same universe so there are going to be ties. Since RE7 is set after RE6. So all that crazy outbreak in Tall Oaks and Shanghai for example happened in the world.
You won't need to have played 6 or prior to enjoy 7 on the surface. But knowing the lore is gonna let you get a lore more out of it. Much like with RE4 and it's references to RE2 and other characters like Wesker.

Poor Chris, he should really be sent out on solo missions since he can't keep a squad alive.

The series is really lacking in interesting villains, they always gotta come up with new big bad business men since killing Wesker and Spencer. They should bring Svetlana back, she was pretty badass.

Svetalana002_zpsfc0aeb25.jpeg

You sure about that?

Jawmuncher

One of my biggest hopes for RE7 is that it works in a villain again. Doesn't need to be someone in your face. But would be nice to have a shadowy figure again. To this day, I don't know what Capcom was thinking with Killing Wesker in such the sure way they did. They should have left it more ambiguous so they could have had a back up plan on bringing him back.

Regardless Rev 2 tried, but we're in a situation of who knows when that will be dealt with.
Alex transferring her mind to natalia doesn't exactly give us a villain anytime soon, unless she transfers again. Since I doubt she's the girl in 7 due to the timeline, and a little girl mastermind is too crazy even for RE.

One of my biggest hopes for RE7 is that it works in a villain again. Doesn't need to be someone in your face. But would be nice to have a shadowy figure again. To this day, I don't know what Capcom was thinking with Killing Wesker in such the sure way they did. They should have left it more ambiguous so they could have had a back up plan on bringing him back.

Regardless Rev 2 tried, but we're in a situation of who knows when that will be dealt with.
Alex transferring her mind to natalia doesn't exactly give us a villain anytime soon, unless she transfers again. Since I doubt she's the girl in 7 due to the timeline, and a little girl mastermind is too crazy even for RE.

I disagree that's too crazy for RE. We had Alexia Ashford, who I wouldn't be surprised was who Alex was named after if those are Umbrella/Spencer given names.

Not to mention in 6 we had
Simmons turn his top researcher that liked him into a clone of Ada through C-Virus application and memory implantation (?) to fulfill his sexual/emotional desires. She gets used to say the least that she wasn't good enough for hin before and was turned into someone else, so she goes berserk in starting Neo-Umbrella and causing the Shanghai and East European conflicts. All while Simmons is also still going for the real Ada. The whole game was insanity, in the best and worst ways.

Jawmuncher

I disagree that's too crazy for RE. We had Alexia Ashford, who I wouldn't be surprised was who Alex was named after if those are Umbrella/Spencer given names.

Not to mention in 6 we had
Simmons turn his top researcher that liked him into a clone of Ada through C-Virus application and memory implantation (?) to fulfill his sexual/emotional desires. She gets used to say the least that she wasn't good enough for hin before and was turned into someone else, so she goes berserk in starting Neo-Umbrella and causing the Shanghai and East European conflicts. All while Simmons is also still going for the real Ada. The whole game was insanity.

I dunno,
A little girl as a mastermind villain just seems a bit too out there. It would be like Saddler in RE4 being replaced by Salazar as the big bad. I mean you can kinda get away with it. But I dunno. For mass market appeal, seems like a hard sell.
"Who's the bad guy in this game"?.
"Oh some little girl",
"Oh like the chick from the ring?",
"Nah a little girl who is really smart",
"Uh"
Since i'm not disagreeing about a female villain, but the way they set it up. We couldn't for example have her as a villain with a game set 1 year after Rev 2 with her in the same body in my eyes. You either Transfer Alex to someone else, or use her as a ticking time bomb of sorts biding her time.

I personally still feel Rev 2 botched what they could have had by doing that.

Top Bottom