• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Death Island Announcd (CG Movie, Summer Release, Leon, Chris, Jill, Rebecca return)

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

D.S.O. agent Leon S. Kennedy is on a mission to rescue Dr. Antonio Taylor from kidnappers, when a mysterious woman thwarts his pursuit. Meanwhile, B.S.A.A. agent Chris Redfield is investigating a zombie outbreak in San Francisco, where the cause of the infection cannot be identified. The only thing the victims have in common is that they all visited Alcatraz Island recently. Following that clue, Chris and his team head to the island, where a new horror awaits them. Directed by Eiichiro Hasumi (Assassination Classroom) from a screenplay by Makoto Fukami (Psycho-Pass). Based on Resident Evil, the hit survival-horror game that sold over 130 million copies worldwide, Death Island is a new CG animated film and sequel to Resident Evil: Vendetta. Sony Pictures Home Entertainment is distributing the film worldwide excluding Japan Summer 2023.

Last edited:

ssringo

Count Me In Rick And Morty GIF

TheHTIC

Neo Member
How are they still pumping these turds out? Every RE film, whether live action or CG, has been utterly rancid. Wish they'd knock this shit off and just focus on games for RE.
Out of all of the resident evil movies, cg and live action, I can only say I legitimately liked 1 of them but I still keep watching hoping they'll get it right. *patiently waiting for this one*

jonnyXx

People still watch these I guess. That last one on Netflix was so damn bad I couldn't get far into it.

-Zelda-

Banned
My completely unrealistic hope is that there would be a "Avengers" Type RE movie and/or game.
Chris, Jill, Claire, Leon, Sherry, Sheva, Josh, Billy, Carlos, Barry, Rebecca, Ada, Jake, Helena, Hunnigan.
Heck, I even liked the surviving Maine S.T.A.R.S members David, and John despite that group not being canon.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
I LOVE the unashamed appreciation for the CG RE films here. Cheesy B horror in passable CGI with way too serious anime voice actors and a butt j-rock power chord drop d score? If you go into these expecting Nosferatu, then YOU have an issue with realistic expectations. The Legacy cast are basically fucking Power Rangers now, anyway. It's the same nostalgia dopamine hit you get catching a YouTube clip of three of the original Rangers in a crossover episode with whatever current Mega-Dino-Turbo squad they have.

It's just Mindless popcorn brain off fun. Capcom proves themselves to me every couple of years that they still entirely understand classic horror with titles like REmake, RE2R, and RE7, so let them market to the action side of the fanbase in small little inoffensive ways like this.

Power Pro

Why can't there just be a game with this cast? and no, bad multiplayer games don't count.

Still think this looks like trash though...I can maybe get behind this stupid kind of plot for a game, but the animation looks bad, and sitting through a movie is different than playing a fun game with a bad story.

You know how Capcom are. The master likes to throw their dogs a bone or two every so often, so we stay loyal and obedient. 🦴 🐩 🐕

As long as it's entertaining enough, then meh. I think most RE stuff now is average anyway. Pretty darn mediocre. So it's like, whatever.

But I think it's about time we got Jill back in modern storylines, and people always thought Jill meeting Leon and Claire as well would be cool. So, here we go.

Better late than never. Right? 👍

SCB3

I have a soft sport for the RE films, even the Milla Jovanovich ones, aside from Welcome to Raccoon City which I've not seen, so I'll check this out for a some b movie fun

Maria Gomez returns from Vendetta.

This is one of the few occasions that a bad guy or woman has returned in a new iteration of the RE franchise. Usually Capcom likes to use forgettable, tacky, one shot villains.

Since Claire and Rebecca have also been infected with viruses, will they remain looking youthful too?

Well, I guess this is Capcom's way of ensuring that their tired old cash cow can keep on producing creamy golden milk for more decades to come. 🐄 ⭐

Sneaky, indeed. 😌

They keep changing Chris. He looks slimmer now. But at least Capcom aren't using that awful RE7 version of him. But then in RE8, they made him look like he ran out of a retirement home. 😖

What was Capcom thinking with that? Oh, yeah. "Realism." Or whatever their idea of it is supposed to be. 😅

Arachnid

Claire too? Lmao the entire team is there including Rebecca (well, minus Barry). This villain is fucked. Even Wesker would be in a rough place against them all.

Top Bottom