• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Returnal - Combat | PS5

Azurro

Banned
A general message to everyone saying, in short, "the girl looks like a karen so i believe this game is poor"...

I'm not trying to establish a rep as a mouthy poster, but you guys are... Textbook shallow and really should have just not typed your post in the first place, for all the relevance it bears on the game or this thread.

I just can't wrap my head around someone who tries to make a thoughtful post out of "I'm butthurt that someone is trying to force an unattractive main character on me", neogaf deserves better reasoning than that.

Peace =)

This is unnecessary grandstanding.

A game is a piece of entertainment, and demands from you a certain amount of money. Appealing characters is one of the main reasons visual media gets attention, either that being a movie, a TV show or in this case a videogame.

There's a reason people spend hours in character creation screens, they want the character they are going to play with one that is visually appealing to the player. In this case Housemarque decided on a set main character and a set narrative, and I applaud them for that, however the character design is rather unappealing.

If you as a player don't like the design of a main character that you are going to be spending hours and hours with, then it's perfectly valid to not buy the game. You can put up with the character or not if you like, but it doesn't make you a better person if you do.

Concern

Your other posts have no merit to them though. Post something sincere?

More merit than your shitposts but nice try there. Just cuz I wont Sony charge me $70 for this, shouldn't hurt your feelings. If you have nothing to add, move along.

G-Bus

Banned
I'll reserve judgement in regards to price until more if the game is shown. Same handful of enemies and same level. Confident a lot has been held back for one reason or another.

Sony has this exclusive for a reason.

Moogle11

Banned
One thing about Housemarque games is that gameplay is never bland. So you're wrong.
Yeah I’d never call their gameplay bland. Repetitive? Yes. But that’s the nature of arcade games and probably more so this time with roguelike elements. Nothing wrong with that, I’ve just accepted I’m just not much into arcade games or roguelikes and will only mess with them if they hit PS+, Gamepass etc. going forward. Can be fun to mess around with between narrative-driven games, but I’m focused on being more frugal and just using those kind of services to fill gaps between games I’m actually stoked for and want to buy day one.

Zimmy68

This is unnecessary grandstanding.

A game is a piece of entertainment, and demands from you a certain amount of money. Appealing characters is one of the main reasons visual media gets attention, either that being a movie, a TV show or in this case a videogame.

There's a reason people spend hours in character creation screens, they want the character they are going to play with one that is visually appealing to the player. In this case Housemarque decided on a set main character and a set narrative, and I applaud them for that, however the character design is rather unappealing.

If you as a player don't like the design of a main character that you are going to be spending hours and hours with, then it's perfectly valid to not buy the game. You can put up with the character or not if you like, but it doesn't make you a better person if you do.
Yep. I love the argument that if you want an interesting and attractive character in a 20+ hour video game that you are paying $70 for then you are a shallow mouth breather.
Movie studios should follow that logic and cast Mariska Hargitay in a pant suit in the next Tomb Raider movie.

Top Bottom