• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Returnal is coming to PC in early 2023

Fabieter

Awful.

What the fuck is the point of buying a PS5 if all these "exclusives" are coming to the personal computer?

Thanks, Sony, for continuing to erode that which makes the PlayStation brand meaningful to me.

The main problem is that their marketing was focused on exclusive titles for like 25 year so no wonder some people feeling this way when that goes away. Sony really have to step up the game to offer something else than exclusive.

Graciaus

I know I’m not buying a fucking rig just to play these games. People aren’t going to run out and get computers for some games. There is still the convenience of just having a singular thing to buy in a store and leaving. Y’all got shade compilations stutter whopping y’all asses right now. Bobby’s mom doesn’t know what to do with that information and how to fix it.
The opposite is also true. Why would I buy a console when I have a good pc?

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Awful.

What the fuck is the point of buying a PS5 if all these "exclusives" are coming to the personal computer?

Thanks, Sony, for continuing to erode that which makes the PlayStation brand meaningful to me.
Why would you care so much about a video game brand?

You're still getting Sony games day one on PS. Who cares if PC gamers play the same game a year or two later.

bender

What time is it?
Why would you care so much about a video game brand?

You're still getting Sony games day one on PS. Who cares if PC gamers play the same game a year or two later.

No one should care, especially if the expanded audience lets more experimental games like Returnal be made from Sony Studios. Returnal has some pretty big flaws as a rogue-like but it is far less safe than Sony's typical offerings these days.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
No one should care, especially if the expanded audience lets more experimental games like Returnal to be made from Sony Studios. Returnal has some pretty big flaws as a rogue-like but it is far less safe than Sony's typical offerings these days.
Also makes no sense as the same brand lovers surely love sales list wars. More PC ports = more sales. So it should be a slam dunk strategy.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Still haven't played free expansion they've released not that long ago. I'm sure they game will be a huge hit on PC.

Kerotan

This will do big numbers between ps5 and pc . It means the Devs will get a bigger budget for their next game.

Thebonehead

Banned
Awful.

Don't be a melt my man.

Be pleased that it will be exposed to a larger audience who will be able to run it in extreme eye candy mode with high Resolution, FPS and ultra wide resolutions.

A larger audience....

A more discerning audience....

A more powerful audience...

kneel GIF

Mister Wolf

Unless you want to wank over zoomed-in screenshots it never was an issue. During gameplay (read: trying not to get killed so moving constantly) I never noticed it.

Maybe we just play on large displays. 1080p looks even blurrier moving around frantically.

nowhat

Gold Member
Maybe we just play on large displays. 1080p looks even blurrier moving around frantically.
I have a 55" LG CX 2m away from the couch. 1080p is upscaled, twice, to reach the 4K target. The end result is fine enough in motion, but sure, in screenshots it's not ideal. Given what the game is, Housemarque made the right call in opting for performance instead of image quality.

Orta

Banned
Cool, this appeals to me more than the blockbuster Sony stuff like GOW, Horizon, etc.

Have to say though and for once I'm not taking the piss out of Playstation owners but for a PC owner sitting on the fence thinking of buying a PS5, its rather pointless now, isn't it? Clearly Sony are going go release everything in the PC.

I wonder if they'll port any of their vr games too?

Denton

Awful.

Was this post sarcastic or are you really that much of a bitch

Holammer

if this one doesnt sell Sony gonna stop this PC shit.
All the games they released thus far is part of a strategy to develop a presence and a favorable reputation in the PC space, ahead of the upcoming tidal wave of Sony developed GaaS titles.
Y'know, the stuff every goddamned Sony first-party studio is working on right now. Everything they released until now are but mere blood sacrifices so Sony can enjoy a Fortnite/Genshin level success developed in-house.

Killer8

It's Unreal Engine 4, so if you want a working, stutter-free game, that's still a de facto PS5 exclusive.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
I’ve always loved Housemarque’s games. I wonder if early 2023 is early as in January or February? I don’t think it would release after TLoU.

YeulEmeralda

Linux User
Pc gamers buy dualsense if you don't have
I have two of them.

Funny thing though most games don't support them.
And when they do you need to play wired like it's 1999.

So no please don't buy a Dualsense unless you're an ex PlayStation guy like me. You will be disappointed.

Top Bottom