• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Returnal |OT| Live. Die. Repeat.

wipeout364

Then why are you calling out Sony for not producing enough PS5 if you know they can't get all the components?
Because they have as far as I can tell not replenished any stock in Canada at Bestbuy, Amazon, or gamestop/EB. I have not seen this from any of the other companies you mentioned who have all had restocks.. The only place to get them is from scalpers.

Ulysses 31

Because they have as far as I can tell not replenished any stock in Canada at Bestbuy, Amazon, or gamestop/EB. I have not seen this from any of the other companies you mentioned who have all had restocks.. The only place to get them is from scalpers.
If you don't see the connection between the global semiconductor shortage and not being able to produce more PS5s then I don't know what to tell you. These chips are in so many electronics and if you expect Sony to outbid everyone else and still sell the console for 400/500$ then you're delusional.

Last edited:

nowhat

Debating if I should get the Pulse 3D headphones for this. I use my QC 35 II plugged in but wondering if the Pulse are better for 3D sound?
Basically the "3D" branding of Pulse is just that, branding. If you're satisfied with your current headset you should be fine. Having said that, I think the Pulse headset is fine for what it is (for me the main selling point was wireless, and my old headset was starting to wear out).

vivftp

It sucks Sony has done such a crappy job of getting PS5’s out. I have never found one since launch and this looks like the first game I would like to play, outside of Demon Souls which I have played before on pS3. Oh well hope it’s as good as it looks.

The PS5 is possibly the fastest selling console in history (if not very close) and this is during a semiconductor shortage during a global pandemic. If anything it's a miracle they've been able to get this many consoles out there and they're working to further increase production.

Keep at it friend, you'll get one eventually 😃

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Same here. Took Friday off as well. Last time I took holidays off for a game was for RDR2.

Debating if I should get the Pulse 3D headphones for this. I use my QC 35 II plugged in but wondering if the Pulse are better for 3D sound?

Is the volume good enough? How is locality? Is the bass good enough? Clarity? I think that's a great headset, not sure how it compares to Pulse 3D which is a tier lower. But from my experience I highly recommend Pulse 3D, they're just so good.

Overall, the DualSense has a RealTek audio chip on it, and tried both Pulse 3D using the dongle and closed but wired to the DualSense. Couldn't feel much difference, if anything it's pretty minor. But Pulse 3D in terms of locality is just the best headset I had, but didn't have many anyway.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
this could be the PS5's Bloodborne

Season 3 Starz GIF by American Gods

Mr Hyde

One week to go. Hype thrusters engaged. The more I look at this game, the more excited I get. It just looks so good. You can tell this is going to be a memorable experience. The Metroid + Lovecraft vibes are strong with this one, and those two properties gets my juices going full stop. The DualSense support seems to be superb. Gonna be a long week.

tommib

At least there's a challenge! Seems many haven't gotten to/completed Act 3 yet, so it might be a bit.

I’m afraid of this. 😫 I like hard games but the game on last levels must be so difficult... I finished Sekiro so I hope that means something.

Returnal initializing a new generation of git gud players. 🤕

[Sigma]

At least there's a challenge! Seems many haven't gotten to/completed Act 3 yet, so it might be a bit.

That's why you got the give reviewers that shit ASAP.

Anyway, that miracle happened(got a PS5 through Amazon drop about an hour ago). The catch was I could get it with a protection plan(had to keep mashing to get it to add to the cart and couldn't add it to the cart after the fact). Got to worried i'd miss it and went ahead and checked out. Looking for a 3rd party protection plan suggestions from anyone. I saw the Upsie protection plan but I don't know anything about them, may try them anyway.

Anyway, that miracle happened(got a PS5 through Amazon drop about an hour ago). The catch was I could get it with a protection plan(had to keep mashing to get it to add to the cart and couldn't add it to the cart after the fact). Got to worried i'd miss it and went ahead and checked out. Looking for a 3rd party protection plan suggestions from anyone. I saw the Upsie protection plan but I don't know anything about them, may try them anyway.

Square trade maybe?

kyliethicc

I’m afraid of this. 😫 I like hard games but the game on last levels must be so difficult... I finished Sekiro so I hope that means something.

Returnal initializing a new generation of git gud players. 🤕
Its not gonna be as hard as Sekiro lol, Sony wouldn't let them ship it if it was that fucking hard.

I suspect it will be a similar difficulty to Bloodborne, which most agree is easier than Sekiro.

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
I hope that it is well balanced. Nothing against a fair challenge for the feeling of accomplishment.
Through its rogue-like nature i'm pretty sure that some cycles will be harder and others easier because of the changing level layout and weapons or gadgets provided.

In the end that's the main appeal of games like this. To progress further and further, bit by bit until you master all its systems.

It is already a challenge to wait for the release. :messenger_grinning_smiling:

Last edited:

saintjules

I'd speak to the Amazon chat support. In the search bar type 'chat' and it will show you the way to reach them. See if they can manually give you that protection plan since it's considered a separate item. I've done it once before.

Matt_Fox

If what I read about the game's story / reality is true then it is something that reviewers will have to see through to the end, as it will likely inform their viewpoint of what went before.

Gediminas

Banned
Its not gonna be as hard as Sekiro lol, Sony wouldn't let them ship it if it was that fucking hard.

I suspect it will be a similar difficulty to Bloodborne, which most agree is easier than Sekiro.
maybe, PS5Trophies played this game, he finished or finishing act 3, he said that hardest was 1 biome at that point. game will get easier. but of course, it is skill and conscious based game, so some will struggle a lot a lot.

saintjules

Sad truth is that many reviewers don't finish games.

Even Edge Magazine, the arbiters of good gaming taste got caught out on Death Stranding.

And this is kind of why listening to reviews from people who didn't finish the game isn't a good idea sometimes. We can't always tell if that's the case, but ultimately now, I look at gameplay videos and say to myself whether or not this is something I find myself playing.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
I'd speak to the Amazon chat support. In the search bar type 'chat' and it will show you the way to reach them. See if they can manually give you that protection plan since it's considered a separate item. I've done it once before.

I contacted them 3 times before about Radeon VII, which is a rare species in the Video Card market, and opened a preorder! On release, they always hit $1400 instead of $699. Now I even see used ones sold for $1600-1700, probably collectors.

Last edited:
Top Bottom