• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Returnal PC port seems imminent. Bunch of updates to Steamdb entry.

Guilty_AI

yeah its not like this steam deck console is equipped with a proper zen 2 CPU just like the nextgen consoles, a whopping total of 16 GB memory and a nextgen chip with RDNA2 that can even do entry-level ray tracing with heavily optimized setitngs

there's no reason for him to wait for returnal. steam deck already runs metro exodus enhanced. a fully RT GI driven game. a game that PS4/x box one even xbox onex can never hope to render (im aware that this is specifically a case of lack of RT cores but the CPU also plays a part. in general, if Deck can run metro exodus ee with compromises, it will also run returnal.)

you can say you need 60 fps or anything thats another topic. it runs. 19:28 also runs the flight simulator another game exclusive to nextgen consoles and only PCs. yet FS too can be run on 3770k/970 rig from the past, actually very smoothly. you can say xbox one x is massively stronger than steam deck but as we can see it cannot run flight simulator.so yeah

Really goes to show how much low memory and weak cpus were holding back things last gen. Thats probably also the reason why last gen couldn't run CP2077 properly.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
Im curious to see how this runs on a SeriesS like speced PC.

It was using UE4s super resolution to reconstruct 1080p to 1440p and then using checkerboard rendering to hit 2160p.
So a rx5500 should be able to use 720p SR'd to 1080p with maybe some slightly reduced settings.

tylrdiablos

The SteamDB page is now showing "internal_ship_comp" and "internal_dev_comp" - I don't think they were there a couple of days ago. If "comp" stands for "complete"... release/announcement not far off?

Reactions: RNG

T-Cake

The SteamDB page is now showing "internal_ship_comp" and "internal_dev_comp" - I don't think they were there a couple of days ago. If "comp" stands for "complete"... release/announcement not far off?

I would have said "compile(d)" but I guess it might be announced next month if there is a PS event. The fact there's also a "shipping" build suggests its close.

ChiefDada

Gold Member
Waiting GIF

Holammer

I would have said "compile(d)" but I guess it might be announced next month if there is a PS event. The fact there's also a "shipping" build suggests its close.
They should take a page from the Apple playbook by announcing and start selling it the same day.
Sega did it with Persona 4 Golden and it enjoyed good publicity & sales as a result.

GymWolf

Gold Member
This is the one that is gonna really shine on pc since on ps5 the framerate is as stable as your average reeee user and i think the resolution is like what? 1080p badly uscaled to 4k? And a lot of low rez and shitty textures.

I could even double dip if the price is right.

Hopefully they are gonna balance the parasites even more and maybe introduce some better progression between run since weapons upgrades are really the only fun thing to grind.

Last edited:

Midn1ght

I’m actually excited for Sackboy. Such a great little platformer and my daughter loved it.

I wonder what’s next after these 2 and tlou. Demon’s Souls?

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
https://www.videogameschronicle.com...after-database-entry-adds-big-adventure-icon/

Seems announcement should be in the coming months. Likely for next year.

Sony's Playstation PC games this year:
  • God of War (Released)
  • Marvel's Spider-Man: Remastered (Released)
  • Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales (Fall 2022)
  • UNCHARTED 4: A Thief's End (Oct 2022)
  • UNCHARTED: The Lost Legacy (Oct 2022)
What I think will be releasing in the next couple of years on PC:
2023:
  • Returnal (early 2023)
  • Sackboy (early 2023)
  • The Last of Us Part 1
  • Ghost of Tsushima
  • The Last of Us Part 2
  • Ratchet & Clank
2024:
  • Demon's Souls
  • Bloodborne
  • Spider-Man 2
  • God of War: Ragnarok
  • Horizon: Forbidden West
  • Wolverine

Last edited:

yurinka

According to Sony they won't release more PC ports this fiscal year other than the already announced ones (Spider-Man and Uncharted). For the next fiscal year they have TLOU.

Excluding the cases where the PC version is mentioned when it's a remaster that gets released before on PS5 and they mention the PC version when announcing the PS5 one, the PC ports get announced a handful months before its release.

So I assume that if Returnal and Sackboy really get a PC port and are the ones released after TLOU then I think they'd announced maybe around Spring/Summer 2023 and would be released around Summer/Autumn 2023.

On top of that, the type of games that Sony ported until now to PC are more of the superseller profile, old games with a potential to sell very well on PC. So more than Sackboy and Returnal if I had to bet I'd say the next ones to be ported would be Ghost of Tsushima, Bloodborne (didn't had great sales but Elden Ring added a ton of players to the genre), Uncharted Nathan Drake Collection (unless they plan to remake Uncharted 1 soon), GoW Collection (unless they plan to remake GoW1 soon), TLOU2 and in 2024 or 2025 Gran Turismo 7.

Last edited:

Hot5pur

I'm actually pretty interested in this title. Also Tsushima, which I thought was going to be arriving in October but didn't happen.
Will be interesting to see the lag time between PS5 and PC releases. I wonder what the strategy is here...get PC gamers to grab a PS5 or cash in on PC gamers. Both?
A long delay on Sony releases will just push people to keysites especially if they launch an old game a newgame price. But, a lot of the time it's like the GOTY edition with DLC and other content, so that's not too bad. PC gets a patched/ironed out version with more stuff...but, Sony release tend to be relatively bug free compared to the rest of the industry (which is really rough in many places).

Holammer

I honestly never see anyone complaining about shader compilation outside the public of these videos. I never notice it myself either, feels like a problem thats being blown out of proportion.
It is being blown out of proportion. Played through 60-70% of Sackboy and it was only ever noticeable in the intro with the town and when you meet Scarlet the first time. After a couple of stages the most common shaders have been dealt with and you don't even notice the compile process. It's invisible to the user in a gameplay environment.

Most of the people talking about stutter are snobs that can't get it up if there's a millisecond dip on the frame graph and dishonest actors spreading FUD.

Banned
It is being blown out of proportion. Played through 60-70% of Sackboy and it was only ever noticeable in the intro with the town and when you meet Scarlet the first time. After a couple of stages the most common shaders have been dealt with and you don't even notice the compile process. It's invisible to the user in a gameplay environment.

Most of the people talking about stutter are snobs that can't get it up if there's a millisecond dip on the frame graph and dishonest actors spreading FUD.

no people who notice stutters aren't casuals and have functioning eyes.

:)

Top Bottom