• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Returnal PC port seems imminent. Bunch of updates to Steamdb entry.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Probably just wait for Steam sale because too much games on Steam

Chukhopops

No idea how people get Metroid Prime vibes from this game, it plays nothing like MP did back in the days.

And it’s not really a Metroidvania game either, it’s a roguelite TPS with a story. But to each their own, wish I had bought it on Steam instead of PS5.

DragonNCM

Not trolling but really don't see what makes this look interesting. It looks like
Shootbang3065 the reckoning.
tenor.gif

Tomeru

I,m REALLY interested in seeing how much easier (if any), it'll be on mnk. PC folks are in for a treat of a life time.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Nice, will try it again. Thought it was decent when it launched but the roguelite elements are super weak and done better by way too many games I'd rather be playing. Core concept is cool though and maybe it'll feel better with KBM.

Duchess

I didn't finish this game, but I mostly enjoyed what I played. Tapped out after the third boss, as I really couldn't be arsed to fight my way back there again.

With that said, I would love Housemarque (Bloodhouse, to all you Amiga fans!) to make a follow-up, only one that isn't a roguelike and plays more like Control.

Same here bro. Everyone says it's the best shit ever but nobody is saying why it's the best shit ever.
You just have to play it for yourself. I got a similar feeling from when I first played Bloodborne and had a moment of "Oh okay, so THIS is why everybody likes game". The enviorments change after every death and you get different pickups/consumables that offer different rewards and risk. The game gets more intense as you progress but you also get stronger, so more focus is required but the sense of accomplishment feels great. This is one of those types of games that will make you better in others. Its a shooter, platformer, sci fi adventure, souls like, rougelike, story of mystery and a great challenge for hardcore gamers. This should be a hit on pc.

You just have to play it for yourself. I got a similar feeling from when I first played Bloodborne and had a moment of "Oh okay, so THIS is why everybody likes game". The enviorments change after every death and you get different pickups/consumables that offer different rewards and risk. The game gets more intense as you progress but you also get stronger, so more focus is required but the sense of accomplishment feels great. This is one of those types of games that will make you better in others. Its a shooter, platformer, sci fi adventure, souls like, rougelike, story of mystery and a great challenge for hardcore gamers. This should be a hit on pc.
Thanks bro, but I think you described many games with that post, doesn't sound that special.

Anyway, game looks cool and I'm glad to read it's challenging, so I'll make sure to try it once it lands on PC. :)

PowerfulDog

Neophyte
I played through this right when I got my PS5, it was my first game on the console. Liked it, didn't love it. Then again, rougelikes have grown increasingly old and time consuming.

Nice, this is actually a Sony game i would buy before it drops to 10 bucks.
I'm a PC guy, but I think Sony games are usually worth full price.

I don't buy them full price just because I happen to get to them later (that is, I have such a large backlog that I rarely buy newly released games on day 1), but every time I've bought a major Sony game, it has been worth every penny. If I was short of games to play, I wouldn't mind buying a Sony game day 1, as I know it will be very high quality.

Actually I think that the Uncharted remastered trilogy is one of the best "fun per hour" investments that one can make. I hope that remastered trilogy comes to PC someday.

Wohc

Banned
I'm a PC guy, but I think Sony games are usually worth full price.

I don't buy them full price just because I happen to get to them later (that is, I have such a large backlog that I rarely buy newly released games on day 1), but every time I've bought a major Sony game, it has been worth every penny. If I was short of games to play, I wouldn't mind buying a Sony game day 1, as I know it will be very high quality.

Actually I think that the Uncharted remastered trilogy is one of the best "fun per hour" investments that one can make. I hope that remastered trilogy comes to PC someday.
Just not a fan of cinematics. If i have absolutely nothing to play they are ok for 10 bucks, but i prefer games that focus on good gameplay like Returnal.

Last edited:
No idea how people get Metroid Prime vibes from this game, it plays nothing like MP did back in the days.

And it’s not really a Metroidvania game either, it’s a roguelite TPS with a story. But to each their own, wish I had bought it on Steam instead of PS5.
Really?

The map, atmosphere, story logs? Enemies?

No shit the gunplay is different, but heck even the platforming is sort of similar at times, with the boost.

Very different games, but I know good and well Returnal was inspired by prime, it's obvious

Last edited:

Lognor

Banned
Cool. Maybe I'll check it out. Heard good things, although I'm not really a fan of rogue likes with a few exceptions

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
glad i skipped a ps5 for 3080
how so?
3080 is twice the price and returnal is 60fps on ps5 over a year ago :p

Steam deck sounds inviting... if its 60fps. I wonder if if will load new rooms fast enough

Last edited:

Chukhopops

Really?

The map, atmosphere, story logs? Enemies?

No shit the gunplay is different, but heck even the platforming is sort of similar at times, with the boost.

Very different games, but I know good and well Returnal was inspired by prime, it's obvious
I fully disagree but ok, not worth arguing about. At least from a gameplay point of view they are nothing alike imo.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
We aren't settling for 60 here. 165 or burst.
You'd understand that joy, if once every blue moon you made an attempt to turn on that super-expensive PC that totally exists (*wink* *wink*) and that you bought even if you hate.
I understand.
I will get it on pc myself. It's the best ps5 game and will be nice 120fps.
And dont school me about your 165. I had one of first 240hz gsync monitor for almost a year :p

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
hyped as hell, ive heard good things about it and it looks really interesting, setting wise

that being said, Spelunky 2 is still the best roguelike, cry harder Issac fans

Hot5pur

Fairly interested in trying this, especially in co-op, though it would have been better if both players got separate progress somehow...might have not made sense for a rogue lite.
Also the raytracing and graphical options are fairly nice, I like this new trend of having the definitive version of PS5 "exclusives" on PC, I think that was the right move for Sony to expand their audience, and I guess reward PC players for being patient by giving them the best version of the game.
We'll see about the price though...

yamaci17

better get those torches and forks ready then.
yeah its not like this steam deck console is equipped with a proper zen 2 CPU just like the nextgen consoles, a whopping total of 16 GB memory and a nextgen chip with RDNA2 that can even do entry-level ray tracing with heavily optimized setitngs

there's no reason for him to wait for returnal. steam deck already runs metro exodus enhanced. a fully RT GI driven game. a game that PS4/x box one even xbox onex can never hope to render (im aware that this is specifically a case of lack of RT cores but the CPU also plays a part. in general, if Deck can run metro exodus ee with compromises, it will also run returnal.)

you can say you need 60 fps or anything thats another topic. it runs. 19:28 also runs the flight simulator another game exclusive to nextgen consoles and only PCs. yet FS too can be run on 3770k/970 rig from the past, actually very smoothly. you can say xbox one x is massively stronger than steam deck but as we can see it cannot run flight simulator.so yeah

Last edited:
Top Bottom