• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reuters: US to change course on Climate Change (pulling out of Paris Agreement)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it was this or Hillary's e-mails!! jeez

I heard she got paid for making speeches too! Thank FUCK she didn't get elected. So shady.

We may have a fascist in power who is implementing changes that will destroy our planet BUT at least we won't have that nasty woman who got paid for making speeches and had some emails!

I'm not going to waste my time being worried about this and just keep doing my part to reduce my carbon footprint wherever I can.

In the meantime we have to place our faith in our scientists to get the word out about the dangers and hope China is willing to double down on their policies to make the market for reneweables stronger than ever.

It may be tough, but I still think it can be accomplished with this.

GCX

I don't even know what to say anymore. I've ran out of responses to Trump threads and it's only week 2.

Jobbs

Banned
I don't know american politics that well ( and it feels like nobody really does at this point ) is there anything stopping him from doing that?

Trump doesn't care about gay marriage. I would be surprised if this ever came up.

RMI

Banned
Never forget that the people who voted for him voted specifically for the things he said he would do, including this.

In four years.

Impeachment is a pipe dream and one only believed in by people who don't understand Republicans.

Nah, I feel like a breaking point for (some of) them will come eventually. If he keeps fucking around with the constitution and goes WAAAAY over the line in a way he never has before, I'm betting there will be consequences for him.

In the meantime we need to keep up the pressure with these protests and calling senators to mitigate the damage.

Fucking awful if unsurprising news. We are killing our planet for the sake of big business.

Frankly I don't see why other countries should avoid sanctions against the US at this point

basically, the Paris Agreement will lose its legitimacy if the largest country in the world pulls out

hopefully , other countries will speak out and choose to remain

crazy to think if China picks up the slack lol

I hear it more and more now. The US has become the villain. But it isn't even the whole US. The massive protests at every turn are evidence of that. The losing of the popular vote is evidence of that. Trump supporters having second thoughts, more evidence. I don't believe that this is who we are. It's terrible that it has happened this way. Like you said, hopefully the international community can maintain in the meanwhile. Hopefully it isn't too late by then.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Jesus Christ... I mean we saw it coming, of course, but damn.

If he thought the protests up until now were big...

Ac30

Sanctions? Start with all Trump businesses, since he probably gives more of a shit about those than the USA.

Frankly, I would love to see a foreign power try this just to see what effect it would have on Trump. If he wilts, he's compromised.

RCSI

I hear it more and more now. The US has become the villain. But it isn't even the whole US. The massive protests at every turn are evidence of that. The losing of the popular vote is evidence of that. Trump supporters having second thoughts, more evidence. I don't believe that this is who we are. It's terrible that it has happened this way. Like you said, hopefully the international community can maintain in the meanwhile. Hopefully it isn't too late by then.

As much as the President has been the voice and face of America, I feel that, at this point in time, we as a people speak louder for the voice of our country.

At least, that's what I hope is getting across to the international community.

basically, the Paris Agreement will lose its legitimacy if the largest country in the world pulls out

hopefully , other countries will speak out and choose to remain

crazy to think if China picks up the slack lol

There are so many practical reasons why a national climate change outside of delaying the climage change that I don't see the USA will affect many other countries in this regard.

It will suck for the USA because they will be hopeless behind in renewable energy technology and experience to Europe and China.

jiiikoo

Banned
Frankly, I would love to see a foreign power try this just to see what effect it would have on Trump. If he wilts, he's compromised.

Sanctions against all businesses associated with Trump would be fitting. God, I wish that happens.

Fox Mulder

Nah, I feel like a breaking point for (some of) them will come eventually. If he keeps fucking around with the constitution and goes WAAAAY over the line in a way he never has before, I'm betting there will be consequences for him.

In the meantime we need to keep up the pressure with these protests and calling senators to mitigate the damage.

Nope. The GOP is party over country. They're fine with shit now that they condemned when Trump was in the primaries.

"It's working out very nicely. You see it at the poles, you see it all over. We’re going to have a very, very strict pulling out of the Paris thingy and we’re going to have exxxtreme deregulation, which we should have had in this country for many years."

Hell, we've already abandoned any kind of moral or diplomatic leadership we represented in the world. Might as well throw climate change and clean, renewable energy in there while we're at it.

Nerazar

No.

Cheetoh face will get four years. Eight if Americans are masochists.

Really? The guy who already filed for his re-election campaign, slogan included, in 2020 would step down and cede power? If the poll numbers drop down to 20%, he will just state that those are fake polls by organizations who didn't predict that he would get elected. And if the constitution says that there can only be two terms, he will draft an alternative constitution, because people love him so much.

Get used to Cheetoh face if he is not stopped.

Ricky_R

You would think he would at least entertain the idea and be open about this for the sake of his grandkids and so on, but nope... His ego and narcissism extend that far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom