• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Riot will now hardware ban toxic players in Valorant

PanzerCute

How much more sterile can online multiplayer get? Remember the good ole days of gen 7 with public chat? Ah, those were the days. Now we have silent matches if you're not in a private party. What's next, body-sized condoms that must be worn at all times?
Best I ever witnessed was Age Of Conan, the MMO on PC. The game was extremely violent (you could dismember other players) and extremely PVP oriented so the rage was at insane levels.

The thing is the game was made by a "small" norvegian studio and the admins/GM in our french servers could obviously not speak the language.

So basically every time I played, the general discussion chanel of the game was full of people insulting each other over pvp, and all regions in the game were asbolute blood bath with dozens of players running at each others.

The game was buggy as hell and we dropped it after a few months, but damn that was one of the best hardcore PVP experience I ever had and the whole awful atmosphere fitted so well with the thematic of barbarians and primitive wars.

Good times haha.

Last edited:
Best I ever witnessed was Age Of Conan, the MMO on PC. The game was extremely violent (you could dismember other players) and extremely PVP oriented so the rage was at insane levels.

The thing is the game was made by a "small" norvegian studio and the admins/GM in our french servers could obviously not speak the language.

So basically every time I played, the general discussion chanel of the game was full of people insulting each other over pvp, and all regions in the game were asbolute blood bath with dozens of players running at each others.

The game was buggy as hell and we dropped it after a few months, but damn that was one of the best hardcore PVP experience I ever had and the whole awful atmosphere fitted so well with the thematic of barbarians and primitive wars.

Good times haha.
Ah, the good ole days. I mostly played Starhawk on PS3 back then and it was pretty crazy with people from all over just having a good time and not worrying about saying the wrong thing or whatever. Players used to have thicker skin in gen 7 compared to today.

Top Bottom