• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Robocop: Rogue City has excedeed NACON expectations and it's their most sucesseful launch ever

Draugoth

Gold Member
Robocop_Logo_RVB.png

Lesquin, 21 November 2023 – On 2 November, an iconic pop culture hero, the part-man, part-machine, all cop, made his big comeback in a dedicated video game with RoboCop: Rogue City.
Earning 92% positive reviews on the Steam platform, the game won over 435,000 players in the space of 2 weeks, and racked up 2.7 million active game sessions.

The game studio Teyon and publisher NACON, along with collaborator Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer (MGM), are pleased to celebrate its success by sharing a new trailer highlighting the accolades received by the game.

Alain FALC, CEO of NACON had this to say about its success: “RoboCop: Rogue City has exceeded our expectations, and achieved a genuine feat as far as NACON is concerned. We are really proud to have been able to work with the studio Teyon on this game created by and for RoboCop die-hards. We would also like to thank MGM for the trust they placed in us throughout this collaboration, as well as all the players who have contributed to making this release such a great success.”

Via Gamepressure

MiguelItUp

I'm happy for them, truly. Game was absolutely awesome, especially if you're a fan of the IP. It felt like the Robocop 3 that should've happened. I almost forgot how much I loved the IP, and this reminded me several times over. Such an awesome experience for a budget title. I know I've said it before, but I can't wait to see what Teyon does next.

Really do hope we get some DLC, man, and updated Robocop Vs Terminator would be awesome.

Doczu

Well Done Reaction GIF

Bravo Teyon. You went from shovelware developer to a great AA studio.

Your trilogy of movie tie-ins went from horrible (Rambo), to good (The Terminator) and finished on a great note (Robocop).

You show respect to the source material and build around it giving people the memberberries they always wanted.

TheMan

Good for them. They did a great job capturing the atmosphere altough imo the gameplay gets very repetitive

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I bought it before reviews even hit. It said Robocop on the box. Easy decision.

This is what you should be doing with your money as often as possible. These guys go from 500k to 2 million and shit their pants. Now they can change how they approach their next game. Your next typical AAA sequel will go from 10 million to 20 million and nothing changes.

Last edited:

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Good on Nacon. The dudes over there are super nice and very passionate about what they do (shoutouts to Gregoire), and it's great to see them find a big success like this. They pitched me on Robocop super early on, and for a bunch of reasons on my side, we weren't able to do anything with it... but it looked damn good.

And hey - for me, personally, it's nice to have another FPS I actually want to play.

Kupfer

I believe Rambo was their first title and it.... didn't do well. Would be cool to see them revisit the IP though and in a better way.

Would LOVE to see Dredd though!
You're kind of right. Not their first game, but they did a Rambo game in 2014 which was a rail-gun shooter.
Since Teyon today is way more advanced and know their shit, they should try again.
The IP is too valueable and complex for a shitty rail-gun shooter.

Top Bottom