• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Robocop: Rogue City has excedeed NACON expectations and it's their most sucesseful launch ever

MiguelItUp

You're kind of right. Not their first game, but they did a Rambo game in 2014 which was a rail-gun shooter.
Since Teyon today is way more advanced and know their shit, they should try again.
The IP is too valueable and complex for a shitty rail-gun shooter.
Ah, I was referring to their first title around a big IP, I didn't really pay attention to what came before then if at all, haha. Yup! I agree!

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
Thats not what I mean. What I mean is there's no present day agenda seeping through here. There's no "message." There's no bullshit phony pandering of any kind. It's like the anti 2023 game.
Robocop the movie has an agenda and a message, one that is pretty relevant in 2023. If that's missing from the game, then it feels like they missed the point of the film.

Of course a good chunk of the audience and both of the sequels managed to miss that point as well, so...

Robocop the movie has an agenda and a message, one that is pretty relevant in 2023. If that's missing from the game, then it feels like they missed the point of the film.

Of course a good chunk of the audience and both of the sequels managed to miss that point as well, so...
I haven't played the game yet, but like... isn't Robocop a super political satire on the militirization of police?
Could we just let video games be video games, dude? Its a kickass action sci-fi flick based on the zeitgeist of the time.

The less we drag up politics or how the modern day connect to the plot, the better.

Last edited:

Wildebeest

Really the reason why they would hate it is that it is "too ironic" and they don't feel the "representation" is strong enough in the characters. They don't really care that much about politics.

YuLY

the good news: the return of successful double-a games!
the bad news: besides these guys, does anyone else still remember how to make genuinely good ones?...
Not many around but there are still a few. Flying Wild Hog for example the guys who made Evil West, or Spiders who made Greedfall, But yea in general its either AAA or indie.
Maybe Trepang2 was successful (it was a good game) and that studio can also start doing some AA shooters.

nani17

are in a big trouble
Simple math, give the fans what they want and make it fun.
We hear it EA completely agree with your statement as we certainly always give the fans what they want. That's not forget we made loot boxes popular and you're gonna love Sims 5. It's free to play and it's only going to cost you 2 or 5 dollars to get new wallpaper for your home

Last edited:

Js562

Over It Whatever GIF by Satisfied Customer

Who cares about that lol shit is fun

Red5

Yeah Robocop is pretty on the nose with it's anti oligarchy/ crony capitalism satire.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Did games press reviewers take issue with it being less polished than a game with thousands of people on three continents working on it?

Buggy Loop

Then you have Eurogamer’s review complaining that RoboCop portrays the police as well meaning but underfunded, instead of as racist, overfunded, and corrupt like real life police.

Fuck those guys, what a stupid fucking take

SCI-FI !? IT CAN BE ANYTHIN IT WANTS!

What did they want? If a dev makes a "real life" police that is racist / overfunded and corrupt then they would be the first with the fucking pikes saying that it's all too real and that devs are insensitive.

But wait, Robocop is the literal definition of overfunded by a corrupt company, I mean fuck, you have super robots while the plebs are still on CRT TVs. Corrupted? Yes! Some cops are addicted to nuke, on top of Robocop himself using way excessive force. What a pristine image of cops.

Fucking clowns

Vick

Loved the game, my true RoboCop 3 and such an honest piece of work that simply felt miraculous in 2023.

Teyon and Piotr Łatocha deserve all the success, and I hope they'll never bend to "external pressures" in order to deliver what they want for their stories, as brillantly stated in a meta conversation with Pickles in the game.

Shame they didn't get more recognition for their Terminator: Resistence as well which I probably liked even more as a videogame, despite being a much bigger RoboCop head than Terminator, for its more complex game structure, mechanics, and offering of a totally unexpected amount of agency along with that sublime and meaningful exploration, to finish with real emotions in its third act which is absolutely insane given the AA at best level of facial animations and character design.

I really love these guys.

Last edited:

RAIDEN1

They should defiantly do a Predator game, we haven't had a stand-alone Predator game in years, forget AVP....they could have it so it switches from 1st person to 3rd....

I need to carry on playing this. I bought this just to support developers who have a passion for making games that they actually want to make. Not very far in but you can see the passion that went into this one. Definitely Dredd next.

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
The demo was really surprising as I was expecting a straightforward shooter. Glad they've found success.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
I bought it before reviews even hit. It said Robocop on the box. Easy decision.

This is what you should be doing with your money as often as possible. These guys go from 500k to 2 million and shit their pants. Now they can change how they approach their next game. Your next typical AAA sequel will go from 10 million to 20 million and nothing changes.

I hate when a AAA game sells 10 million and it's a disappointment to the publisher. That sucks.

Top Bottom