• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 4 announced for PS4 and Xbox One

Time for The Evil That Men Do?

Speaking of which, as of today, three of my five favorite bands are on-disc in Rock Band 4 (The Who, The Cure, and Van Halen), the most of any Guitar Hero or Rock Band game so far. Iron Maiden would bump that up to four.

Great taste confirmed. I wonder who we would have to kill to get Disintegration as a full album DLC?

As for The Who, my two most wanted songs in the game from them are A Quick One While He's Away and Getting in Tune.

Ashilyn

I just hope they figure out exports for people who bought RB3 digitally, since there's no export code on a manual or anything. I remember people being screwed when they wanted to export stuff like Lego Rock Band (I think it was Lego Rock Band? I could be misremembering) after buying off the Xbox Marketplace and couldn't since there was no code and support wouldn't provide one. I don't really want to miss out on that entire game's incredible soundtrack just because I got the game off XBM rather than from GameStop.

I just hope they figure out exports for people who bought RB3 digitally, since there's no export cod eon a manual or anything. I remember people being screwed when they wanted to export stuff like Lego Rock Band after buying off the Xbox Marketplace and couldn't since there was no code and support wouldn't provide one. I don't really want to miss out on that entire game's incredible soundtrack just because I got the game off XBM rather than from GameStop.

You can probably find a new copy of Rock Band 3 pretty easily. I saw a bunch at my local Target's bargain "bin" last week.

You want it just for that bass, right? :)

I prefer guitar, but there's never gonna enough bass-centric songs in the series. Plus, the song is awesome ignoring its Rock Band potential as well.

I just hope they figure out exports for people who bought RB3 digitally, since there's no export code on a manual or anything. I remember people being screwed when they wanted to export stuff like Lego Rock Band (I think it was Lego Rock Band? I could be misremembering) after buying off the Xbox Marketplace and couldn't since there was no code and support wouldn't provide one. I don't really want to miss out on that entire game's incredible soundtrack just because I got the game off XBM rather than from GameStop.

There were many physical copies of RB3 produced that didn't have a code in the manual. So they're going to have to do it some other way anyway. I'm sure it will be fine - at this point I would expect that owning the disc/code wouldn't be needed if they get that export going. More likely a pricey DLC pack.

Ninhead

There were many physical copies of RB3 produced that didn't have a code in the manual. So they're going to have to do it some other way anyway. I'm sure it will be fine - at this point I would expect that owning the disc/code wouldn't be needed if they get that export going. More likely a pricey DLC pack.

I'd pay $30.

pacman85

Well first of all they have to announce a RB3 export is actually happening before they figure out every single detail of it. Right now, their stance is, a RB3 export is not currently in their plans. Also, I didn't realize there were copies of RB3 that didn't have a code in the manual. I know mine did. I figured they would be able to check your download history for the digital version of RB3 more easily than doing the whole enter the code on the instruction manual process again. All that being said, man I hope they can find out a way to make a RB3 export work. Lots of good songs on that game...

pacman85

Regarding the Van Halen get, that is good stuff. I'm glad everyone else will get to experience Panama in RB like those of us who have custom songs have been doing since it was released by C3 over 2 years ago now :)
I'm hoping they also eventually add:
Jump
Hot for Teacher
Ain't Talking Bout Love
You Really Got Me
Runnin' With The Devil

vg260

Regarding the Van Halen get, that is good stuff. I'm glad everyone else will get to experience Panama in RB like those of us who have custom songs have been doing since it was released by C3 over 2 years ago now :)
Jump
Hot for Teacher
Ain't Talking Bout Love
You Really Got Me
Runnin' With The Devil

That's pretty much an ideal pack.

Nice call!
I'm so glad RB finally got Van Halen. Panama is the perfect choice.

Thanks!

I'm stoked. Panama is such a killer song, too.

DLC Pack 1 needs to be...
- Hot For Teacher
- Runnin' with the Devil
- You Really Got Me
- Everybody Wants Some!!
- Little Guitars

I know to get all old DLC you have to upgrade an XBOX One if you got it all in a 360...

But is there any plans to just release the ability to get them on PS4? I guess what I'm asking or wanting is just to buy Lego rock band, Rock Band 1 and 2 and Green Day Rock Band again as well as the DLC on its own for PS4.

FyreWulff

I know to get all old DLC you have to upgrade an XBOX One if you got it all in a 360...

But is there any plans to just release the ability to get them on PS4? I guess what I'm asking or wanting is just to buy Lego rock band, Rock Band 1 and 2 and Green Day Rock Band again as well as the DLC on its own for PS4.

You can still buy the RB1 export key right now on the PS store.

The entirety of Green Day Rock Band is available as regular DLC on the store now (costs more to get it that way, obviously)

We don't know of any plans for them to sell Lego and RB2 as a giant pack. They were able to do it with GDRB because it was only one band. Also, some songs in RB2 and Lego were only available if they were sold as a disc song and not digitally. Let There Be Rock is a publically known example.

And yes, the music labels consider your digital export download after exporting the disc as different from a regular digital store sale. THE WORLD OF LICENSING.

edit: it's also harder since Lego and RB2 are also two different publishers (Warner Bros and Viacom)

Nudull

Banned
You can still buy the RB1 export key right now on the PS store.

The entirety of Green Day Rock Band is available as regular DLC on the store now (costs more to get it that way, obviously)

We don't know of any plans for them to sell Lego and RB2 as a giant pack. They were able to do it with GDRB because it was only one band. Also, some songs in RB2 and Lego were only available if they were sold as a disc song and not digitally. Let There Be Rock is a publically known example.

And yes, the music labels consider your digital export download after exporting the disc as different from a regular digital store sale. THE WORLD OF LICENSING.

edit: it's also harder since Lego and RB2 are also two different publishers (Warner Bros and Viacom)

I'd love to have the Lego setlist. Ghostbusters! <3

I plan on buying a XBO for RB4. I had $20 expiring on my 360 account so I used it to buy mostly $1 songs. After that, RB1+RB2+LegoGreenDayAC/DC, that Pepsi Promotion and less-than-MSRP Microsoft points, I now have over 1000 songs and it would cost way too much to buy it all over again on PS4, even though I'd say I wouldn't rebuy maybe 200 of them. There was a time I bought every bit of DLC for this series.

Van Halen, huh?! Guess that contract with Activision expired, too! (Okay fine, of course it did, but does anyone even remember GH: Van Halen?!?!)

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Jump
Hot for Teacher
Ain't Talking Bout Love
You Really Got Me
Runnin' With The Devil

I must be the only one hoping for some Sammy Hagar-era Van Halen as well.

Yes, I think that Sammy > Dave. No, I'm not ashamed of it.

EDIT: They need to add Eruption in as DLC, then fuck with everyone by patching in an achievement/trophy that requires completing Eruption on hard with no notes missed.

T.O.P

Banned
Any explanation on why this is still nowhere to be found for pre-order on italian stores?

Wanted to check some prices but nothing :|

I must be the only one hoping for some Sammy Hagar-era Van Halen as well.

Yes, I think that Sammy > Dave. No, I'm not ashamed of it.

EDIT: They need to add Eruption in as DLC, then fuck with everyone by patching in an achievement/trophy that requires completing Eruption on hard with no notes missed.

All of 5150 would make me very happy. 5150 if they brought back keys would blow my mind.

Solo Dave would be a good addition as well. His band was frikken amazing.

Oh...oh god, I just realized they're promoting the latest live album in the press release for the VH announcement, that might mean... no....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0if2qhe9zb4

Nooooooooooooo!

"See me set nyeeeeeh got my back against the rockin' machine"

Oh god!

They also mention the remastering of the first six albums in the press release, so hopefully we'll get to avoid that live stuff. Can't think of much that would be more disappointing than getting Van Halen DLC and having it be from that live album.

Ridley327

I suspect that if they got Van Halen aboard, it was likely with a provision of having to focus entirely on the DLR eras. GH:VH pretended that Hagar didn't exist, and I doubt the Van Halens have changed their stance much since then.

Top Bottom