• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 4 announced for PS4 and Xbox One

I was thinking of getting one of these for FightStick purposes, but I heard a rumour that they burn out USB ports...can you shed any light?

I know there's more than one, and I'm pretty sure the same people made a new one with a different name too?
I have a Cronusmax for my Fight sticks. Never had any USB port issues. Had it for a few years and I've used it on 360, One, PS3, and PS4. You'll be fine.

I'm sure it's been asked a ton, but is it confirmed you have to buy a Rock Band 1/2/3 disc in order to import those songs?

I played the original on the Xbox 360, and now I have a PS4. Should I just buy this in order to secure the import?

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000TSZADA/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Edit: Something about this game is putting me off. I LOVE Rock Band, but I feel like there are just too many steps and too much money to get my library back to where I want it.

vg260

I was thinking of getting one of these for FightStick purposes, but I heard a rumour that they burn out USB ports...can you shed any light?

I know there's more than one, and I'm pretty sure the same people made a new one with a different name too?

I have hundreds of hours on mine with the Xbox One and KI. Haven't regretted it.

Just use a cheap USB extension cable to connect the adapter to the console instead of putting the adapter directly into the console. It keeps from putting any stress or wear on the console's USB port.

They also just released a revised version with lower power usage and heat:
http://cronusmax.com/cronusmax-plus-new-hardware-revision-launched/

If you guys haven't heard, Slash and Axl Rose are back on good terms.

Hopefully this means classic GNR is on the table for Rock Band 4 DLC.

All I want is Sweet Child O Mine.

Cronen

I'm sure it's been asked a ton, but is it confirmed you have to buy a Rock Band 1/2/3 disc in order to import those songs?

I played the original on the Xbox 360, and now I have a PS4. Should I just buy this in order to secure the import?

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000TSZADA/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Edit: Something about this game is putting me off. I LOVE Rock Band, but I feel like there are just too many steps and too much money to get my library back to where I want it.

I believe the licences for exporting the old songs may have passed, meaning that you wouldn't be able to do it anymore?

Edit: From this link it appears that you can still export RB1 songs to your HDD, but RB2, Lego and Green Day are not available anymore.

Kiko

I believe the licences for exporting the old songs may have passed, meaning that you wouldn't be able to do it anymore?

Edit: From this link it appears that you can still export RB1 songs to your HDD, but RB2, Lego and Green Day are not available anymore.

But could you like rebuy them? All I want is Painkiller, how do I get it without owning any previous RB game?

It's in their FAQ somewhere, basically to make production run be feasible they needed to go all-black. This is for both platforms.

Other colors may come later.

Well, I'm not preordering, so hopefully by the time they start selling the guitars standalone (which hopefully isn't gonna take too long) they start producing the white variant too.

But could you like rebuy them? All I want is Painkiller, how do I get it without owning any previous RB game?

Only songs from Green Day: Rock Band and Rock Band Blitz can be purchased as DLC, barring a few special exceptions. Painkiller is not one of those exceptions.

Theoretically, to export Rock Band 2's playlist, you would have to insert your copy of Rock Band 3, select Get More Songs, select Redeem Code, input an unused Rock Band 2 code, and pay the $10 export fee.

The problem is that the export codes that came with copies of Rock Band 2 have all expired, and while you can try to contact EA Support for a working code, they might not be able to send you a code, and even if they do, it might not work. The official comment is that the export is no longer available, although some have claimed success.

Kiko

Only songs from Green Day: Rock Band and Rock Band Blitz can be purchased as DLC, barring a few special exceptions. Painkiller is not one of those exceptions.

Theoretically, to export Rock Band 2's playlist, you would have to insert your copy of Rock Band 3, select Get More Songs, select Redeem Code, input an unused Rock Band 2 code, and pay the $10 export fee.

The problem is that the export codes that came with copies of Rock Band 2 have all expired, and while you can try to contact EA Support for a working code, they might not be able to send you a code, and even if they do, it might not work. The official comment is that the export is no longer available, although some have claimed success.

Uh thanks for that but have to say it is not really friendly for complete beginners that don't have a library yet. I guess it is linked to all that licensing stuff but meh that's really a bummer for me tbh

Is there a whisper of if full band bundles will sell out of pre-orders? I can't pre-order until late September due to financial reasons and don't want to miss out on the full band bundle.

I have hundreds of hours on mine with the Xbox One and KI. Haven't regretted it.

Just use a cheap USB extension cable to connect the adapter to the console instead of putting the adapter directly into the console. It keeps from putting any stress or wear on the console's USB port.

They also just released a revised version with lower power usage and heat:
http://cronusmax.com/cronusmax-plus-new-hardware-revision-launched/

Any idea if something like this would allow for Ion use?

New song announcement's for RB4 tomorrow.

6f3f631609e8bff0d2b1549ae19676.png

The version on the Twitter right now is slightly different, though.

Indie rock, eh? That's fairly vague, but at least at least it's considerably less vague than "Alternative". Gimme some Interpol and Tame Impala and I'm golden. Centuries aside, the setlist has been really good so far.

Also, if we get any Guns n Roses then it has to be Welcome to the Jungle, seeing how the first footage of the prototype of the first Rock Band game was a cover. We've been waiting years for that to turn up.

Indie rock, eh? That's fairly vague, but at least at least it's considerably less vague than "Alternative". Gimme some Interpol and Tame Impala and I'm golden. Centuries aside, the setlist has been really good so far.

I choose to be pessimistic while secretly hoping all my favorite bands from the last two decades are covered by that proviso.

Also, if we get any Guns n Roses then it has to be Welcome to the Jungle, seeing how the first footage of the prototype of the first Rock Band game was a cover. We've been waiting years for that to turn up.

I don't think we're getting any GNR on-disc. Welcome to the Jungle will clearly be one of the first classic GNR songs released as DLC, though.

mreddie

Whatever happened to that? Did GH get exclusivity with Slash around GH 3?

Cartman86

Banned

My guess is it will be stuff fr the last 5 years. GH has a lot of the stuff I wanted in RB. War on Drugs etc.

vg260

Indie rock? Looks like we'll find out what the Arctic Monkeys song is supposed to be then.

I'm praying for another Electric Six song. I wanted Danger High Voltage since harmonies were added, but the old songs having lost the license and being taken down makes me not very hopeful we'll see them again.

I'm praying for another Electric Six song. I wanted Danger High Voltage since harmonies were added, but the old songs having lost the license and being taken down makes me not very hopeful we'll see them again.

This was always the band that shocked me the most that we lost DLC from.

Top Bottom