• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 4 |OT| We're Putting The Rock Band Back Together

Yessss, this. On some songs you can even hear the bassist moving their fingers up the strings (Youth of the Nation by POD is a good song for this, from what I remember) with the bass up and Bass Boost on.

Or you Bass Boost and crank up Clint Eastwood and the house vibrates along with your whammy bar on those long notes..

good times. I should just do a stream in the near future where I'm playing with the bass cranked.

edit: other songs people should Bass Boost the fuck out of:

Tell Me Baby (most RHCP songs, actually, but Tell Me Baby has a nice bounce/feel to it)
Hungry Like The Wolf
Eminence Front (takes a while to get going, though)
The Stranger
Shining Star
Good Riddance (swerve, it's actually strings, but so fun to whammy them)
Working Man
Caravan
Rime of the Ancient Mariner
Gold Cobra

Totally agree about bass boost. I demand we get this in.

So would I, if the expansion felt in any way like it was worth $30.

That's my main problem , in this mess .. i can understand that they did this rock band 4 on a tigher budget than before so some feature couldn't be there day 1 ..i just don't understand why MP gameplay is forced in this expansion and it cost this much.

I'm gonna post some highlights from the AMA they're doing.

Effects switch:

This was a call made in early development of Rock Band 4 that we wouldn't be supporting the effects switch outside of Freestyle Guitar Solos. We're looking into options now to support the effects outside of FGS on the strat using the switch, and potentially have "right" on the D-Pad of the Jags mapped to the effects to cycle through. None of this is confirmed yet, but it is definitely up for consideration.

Stems:

There’s a lot of amazing content out there which we might not be able to get viable stems for one reason or another. We’re sometimes faced with using alternate methods or not having the songs in the Rock Band catalog. I think that making the music available is better than not having it at all. I've seen a lot of people that agree with that, and it's opened up a lot of great music.

Bass boost(which I asked):

Thanks for suggesting this. We'll be sure to pass it along to the team. :)

DLC plans:

Releasing 2 DLC tracks per week is not permanent, but that's all I can say on the matter for now. :)

SCEE exports:

I actually was just talking about this this morning with some folks, assuming this question would come up.
One of Sony Europe’s tools we use to move this process along is awaiting an update/fix. We don’t have an ETA from them on when that will happen, but until we’re able to use that tool again, we can’t make any more progress on exports or other entitled DLC content.
These issues are also affecting other digital products for Sony Europe, including the Rock Band Rivals pre-order, which has also yet to launch for SIEE players. Sorry for the continued problems here, we’ll continue doing everything we can to move this forward, and we’ll let you know when progress is unblocked by Sony.
To folks outside of SIEE areas, SIEA uses very different tools and processes, so Sony America players aren’t affected by these issues, as I'm sure you've noticed.

New trophies/achievements:

Yes! No details on what they'll be yet, but they are coming to RB Rivals owners.

Regarding drum quality:

Since last year, we hired a really skilled player in our QA department, so he's provided a lot of insight from that angle. On top of that, we're connecting PDP with some really talented players that can test their hardware before it goes into mass production.

Thought I'd check the DLC listings to see if they've cleared up the SCEE DLC scraps (still missing several packs and singles nearly a year post-release but oh fucking well) and Roadrunner 01 only game me three tracks, no My Curse or Sleepwalker. I haven't checked Rock Band 4 yet and it is pretty much the Aesthetics of Hate pack for me, but did did any other SCEE players get this?

CoNzgn2UAAAeL7p.jpg

I'm getting Pompeii.

Is there like...the opposite of a wishlist function on the store? I Gotta Feeling needs it. Still, it'll probably sell loads.

Pompeii is just...eh. I have no particular feelings towards it one way or another.

Still, the end of one month means the excitement of another. Maybe we'll have a GWAR/Spandau Ballet week. Simple Minds and Steely Dan. Who knows.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Random observation cause the song just played on the radio: why the hell don't we have Broken Wings yet?

vg260

Random observation cause the song just played on the radio: why the hell don't we have Broken Wings yet?

Yeah, wasn't that in that karaoke game Harmonix did?

Speaking of radio hits, considering all the 90s stuff lately, I'm surprised we haven't gotten Counting Blue Cars yet. That song was on infinite repeat on the radio when it was popular.

Tapejara

Not a fan of "I've Got A Feeling" either, but I might pick it up just to have for when people come over. Really wish we had got something off Elephunk instead.

Well, since I've got a party coming up soon I thought I'd buy both of this weeks tracks. Here's my first playthrough scores, and seperation confirmations, just for 2n2!

"Pompeii" - Bastille
Expert Guitar: 177,977 | 100% Full combo | Gold Stars | Tier 1
Expert Bass: 108,243 | 100% Full Combo | Tier 2

Are the tracks seperated?: Yup, both bass and "guitar" tracks are properly seperated, no other tracks mute other than the instrument you miss on. Safe to purchase this if stems are a must.

"I Gotta Feeling" - The Black Eyed Peas
Expert Guitar: 137,734 | 100% Full Combo | Gold Stars | Tier 1
Expert Bass: 153,662 | 100% Full Combo | Gold Stars | Tier 0

Are the tracks seperated?: No. Just as bad as Hemmorrhage (In My Hands). Everything, including the vocal track lowers and distorts if you miss notes on both guitar and bass. Unlike the aforementioned song, this song is crap so no tears shed over a lack of stems from me!

Overall, really dull week for both Guitarists and Bassists. Would only recommend these songs if you enjoy listening to them or are having a party as these are pretty big songs.

Some video of the Rockudrama. Should be fun. Haha

https://youtu.be/jsjbZovUrh4

So it's just the current setlist voting system in the vanilla career mode but with cutscenes starting and bookending each setlist with "Fame" replacing fans and money? Well, it's a good thing this thing has online walled off behind it because this mode, which HMX seem to be boasting as the big draw to the expansion so far, hasn't sold me on it.

I want to see the UI changes they've promised more than anything. Not sure what to make of the new menu selection noises and the transparent blue UI I've seen so far.

Just found a listing for the Fender Jaguar bundle for Rock Band Rivals on the UK's amazon. The price that's up is fucking hilarious!

kecY5Ps.png

£100 with no software? I thought Harmonix hooked up with PDP to make hardware more affordable, not more expensive!

jEBOpik.jpg

Just found a listing for the Fender Jaguar bundle for Rock Band Rivals on the UK's amazon. The price that's up is fucking hilarious!

kecY5Ps.png

£100 with no software? I thought Harmonix hooked up with PDP to make hardware more affordable, not more expensive!

jEBOpik.jpg

It's way cheaper in NA, I dunno what's up with UK prices.

Storm360

kecY5Ps.png

jEBOpik.jpg

I'm pretty sure thats a listing error since it mentions bundle in the title

FyreWulff

PDP drums comment

https://www.reddit.com/r/Rockband/comments/4uy1mc/are_the_rivals_drums_made_by_pdp/d5uatwl

There are a bunch of improvements internally, though they look the same as the Mad Catz drums.
The kick pedal throw distance has been reduced, so fast successive kicks will be more accurate (and don't require you to take your foot off the pedal as much as you do now).
For the pads / drum brain, PDP improved latency and dropped notes. We just had two people from Harmonix fly out to PDP's office earlier this week to sign off on the final hardware / shipping firmware, and try as they might, they couldn't get any notes to drop.
The PM for Rock Band 4, who's been at Harmonix for a long time, says that his previous favorite drums were from The Beatles RB, but this will beat those and be the best drum kit we've ever released.
Hoping to get some solid drummers in the studio in the coming months to put the new kit through the ringer and do some testimonials for everyone.

I bought the full band kit at launch, but I've not really played the drums as much as I'd like. I'm suddenly feeling a little ripped off with how improved the new ones are.

Ah well, whatever. This always happens with tech. I'll get over it.

ascii42

I bought the full band kit at launch, but I've not really played the drums as much as I'd like. I'm suddenly feeling a little ripped off with how improved the new ones are.

Ah well, whatever. This always happens with tech. I'll get over it.

Yeah. Sucks for the rest of us, but at least it's fixed for new people. Figures that after 8 years of sticking with the RB1 set, when I finally break down and get a new set, it'd be apparently the worst option.

Yeah. Sucks for the rest of us, but at least it's fixed for new people. Figures that after 8 years of sticking with the RB1 set, when I finally break down and get a new set, it'd be apparently the worst option.

I dunno how anybody could use the RB1 set for more then a year. TBRB set is still going strong for me after 6 years.

ascii42

I dunno how anybody could use the RB1 set for more then a year. TBRB set is still going strong for me after 6 years.

Went through a couple pedals before they started reinforcing the plastic with metal, but never had a problem with the pads. Wanted to get a new drum set - for the cymbals, if nothing else - but was a poor college student through Fall 2009. Not sure why I didn't get a new set when RB3 came out, as I was gainfully employed by that point.

FyreWulff

Went through a couple pedals before they started reinforcing the plastic with metal, but never had a problem with the pads. Wanted to get a new drum set - for the cymbals, if nothing else - but was a poor college student through Fall 2009. Not sure why I didn't get a new set when RB3 came out, as I was gainfully employed by that point.

RB3 never had a band box, just a keys bundle, so that's probably why. You had to specifically go buy the RB3 drums separate. And they were a pain in the ass to locate.

Top Bottom