• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 4 |OT| We're Putting The Rock Band Back Together

Cox2pObUAAEZa1Q.jpg

Cox22ThUsAQ5ii_.jpg

Getting Mr. Jones, hard skip on Blurred Lines.

I will be pumped if "Seventeen" returns, just to give me another check off of the "Rock The 80's" setlist.

"Heaven Is A Place On Earth" should be hype too.

MrNelson

Banned
Down for Seventeen (assuming that's the Winger song they use), and probably Mr. Jones as well.

I just hope they actually use masters though, this trend of trying to fake separate tracks on some of the recent songs has really curbed my impulse purchases.

vg260

Mr. Jones... Finally. Been waiting almost a legit decade.

Yes! Been one of my requests forever! Was always hoping for a 3-pack, but this will work.

Please be actual separated steams!!!! I want to buy this real bad, but I'm sticking to my guns on not buying any of these flattened tracks. I pretty much have a bad feeling about any of the 90s songs coming out.

I hate so much after waiting so long for the song that I have to wait and see if this supports the gameplay features properly. :(

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Are we finally getting Crazy on You?!

If we get obvious picks like that, Seventeen, If You Could Only See, this is a good month of DLC.

Yes! Been one of my requests forever! Was always hoping for a 3-pack, but this will work.

Please be actual separated steams!!!! I want to buy this real bad, but I'm sticking to my guns on not buying any of these flattened tracks. I pretty much have a bad feeling about any of the 90s songs coming out.

I hate so much after waiting so long for the song that I have to wait and see if this supports the gameplay features properly. :(

Good news, I'm getting both tomorrow morning, so I'll have a report on the stems before you probably even wake up!

This may be a case where they had legit masters issues, but since relaxing their standards, they're releasing it :/
Might be the case. We've got two songs from Little Queen and none from Dreamboat Annie, this is the only reason I can think why.

I mean, assuming that it is Crazy On You or Magic Man. For all we know it could be Little Queen or something from the 90s.

I mean, assuming that it is Crazy On You or Magic Man. For all we know it could be Little Queen or something from the 90s.

Don't forget the songs that rank higher on the billboard then either of those songs:

"Tell It Like It Is"
"These Dreams"
"All I Wanna Do Is Make Love To You"
"Never"
"Who Will You Run To"

My money's on "All I Wanna Do Is Make Love To You" personally.

Blues1990

As someone who missed out on RB4, I only just learned that the Protoman's song 'Light Up The Night' is included in the track list.

Is the game being updated with new tracks? If so, is there a way to let Harmonix know what rock bands we want to be included?

As someone who missed out on RB4, I only just learned that the Protoman's song 'Light Up The Night' is included in the track list.

Is the game being updated with new tracks? If so, is there a way to let Harmonix know what rock bands we want to be included?

New DLC is being released every Tuesday. You can request songs here.

Was just thinking a couple days ago about how weird it was Blurred Lines wasn't in Rock band yet lol.

Yeah, with Get Lucky already being in the game and Happy coming with the expansion, it makes sense that Blurred Lines would show up at some point as well to complete the modern Pharrell trifecta.

CloudWolf

Heart has to be Crazy On You or Magic Man and I'm gonna say it now: it won't have proper masters.

Mr. Jones is awesome, gonna buy that one.

And finally, yuck @ Nicki Minaj and Jason Mraz.

EDIT: I gotta wonder though why the hell Harmonix is so hellbent on releasing all these pop tracks lately. I was never one to complain about the lack of genre (or decade) diversity, but this is getting really weird. There hasn't been a month this year without at least one major pop single with hardly any guitar in it, yet more traditional rock genres are getting forgotten.

For instance, hasn't been a proper metal track in ages. I probably wouldn't buy it since I find most metal terrible, but that the last even kinda hard track (in sound, not difficulty) was some recent Five Finger Death Punch song is superweird.

Heart has to be Crazy On You or Magic Man and I'm gonna say it now: it won't have proper masters.

Mr. Jones is awesome, gonna buy that one.

And finally, yuck @ Nicki Minaj and Jason Mraz.

EDIT: I gotta wonder though why the hell Harmonix is so hellbent on releasing all these pop tracks lately. I was never one to complain about the lack of genre (or decade) diversity, but this is getting really weird. There hasn't been a month this year without at least one major pop single with hardly any guitar in it, yet more traditional rock genres are getting forgotten.

For instance, hasn't been a proper metal track in ages. I probably wouldn't buy it since I find most metal terrible, but that the last even kinda hard track (in sound, not difficulty) was some recent Five Finger Death Punch song is superweird.

It sells well, has been their answer for the pop music.

zulux21

barf, blurred lines.

only good thing to come from that song is weird al's word crimes.

looking at the image for this month I likely can check out this month. I can't imagine there will be a release worth $2 for me with that line up.

Heart is either Magic Man or Crazy on You. Rock Revolution's cover of Magic Man was probably the only recognizable cover the game had...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TY7O7XJ2_UU

(and if you're not sure, compare it to their cover of Chop Suey.....)

I was expecting much worse for chop suey... really that isn't that bad.

to be fair my bar for bad chop suey cover is this

FyreWulff

The only two masters Rock Revolution has are Paralyzer by Finger Eleven, which I'm sure the rights to are found in cereal boxes with how many things have it licensed, and Given Up by Linkin Park, which is a Linkin Park song nobody remembers.

edit: also, it's a shame that we aren't getting Word Crimes if Blurred Lines is licensable.

The only two masters Rock Revolution has are Paralyzer by Finger Eleven, which I'm sure the rights to are found in cereal boxes with how many things have it licensed, and Given Up by Linkin Park, which is a Linkin Park song nobody remembers.

I remember liking Given Up, but it took me YouTube to remember what the song actually is.

I'd definitely buy a pack of Minutes to Midnight tracks seen in other rhythm games. Bleed It Out/Given Up/No More Sorrow. Or at least Bleed It Out.

edit: also, it's a shame that we aren't getting Word Crimes if Blurred Lines is licensable.

See, this is the real problem. I don't like blurred lines as a song, but it does have an incredibly catchy tune and Word Crimes is fixes both problems. But of course, getting a parody song without getting the original will probably have a few complaints.

Personally, I hope all these years of DLC are all one long plan to get a big Weird Al pack by the end of the year. September is totally going to have Coolio, Chamilllionaire, Lorde and James Blunt.

zulux21

I remember liking Given Up, but it took me YouTube to remember what the song actually is.

I'd definitely buy a pack of Minutes to Midnight tracks seen in other rhythm games. Bleed It Out/Given Up/No More Sorrow. Or at least Bleed It Out.

See, this is the real problem. I don't like blurred lines as a song, but it does have an incredibly catchy tune and Word Crimes is fixes both problems. But of course, getting a parody song without getting the original will probably have a few complaints.

Personally, I hope all these years of DLC are all one long plan to get a big Weird Al pack by the end of the year. September is totally going to have Coolio, Chamilllionaire, Lorde and James Blunt.

I know blurred lines got radio play, but I don't know of a single person who prefers it over word crimes.

just like I don't know a single person who prefers riding dirty over white and nerdy, and that includes the creators of riding dirty as they have said they like white and nerdy better lol.

FyreWulff

Unfortunately I think the only way we're getting parodies is like with the Cartman's Poker Face, with the original and the parody coming out at the same time. If Harmonix is building towards an Al megapack though, ain't got no problem with that

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
So I jumped on the $99 Amazon deal for the Band in a Box. Little did I know (and nowhere did the deal say) that it was the region 2 set. Couldn't figure out for the life of me why my DLC wouldn't download.

Well, it's time for my first playthrough scores, track seperation confirmations, and impressions. Strap yourself in 2n2, I know you desperately want the skinny on the stems for "Mr. Jones"!

Counting Crows - "Mr. Jones"
Expert Guitar: 322,521 | 100% Full combo | Gold Stars | Tier 2
Expert Bass: 134,035 | 100% Full Combo | Gold Stars | Tier 3

Are the tracks seperated?
Brace yourself 2n2.... they are! No muted tracks across the board when missing notes, all other instruments play when you miss notes on your instrument, and no signs of lowered tracks at all. So purchase away, this songs stems are legit! Considering how many peeps have wanted this song for the longest time, this is great news!

Robin Thicke ft. Pharrel - "Blurred Lines"
Expert Guitar: 116,605 | 100% Full combo | Gold Stars | Tier 1
Expert Bass: 54,575 | 100% Full Combo | Gold Stars | Tier 1

A double whammy! Yes! Just like Mr. Jones every track is seperated when missing notes, no sign of foul play here either, so yeah, first week in a little while that both songs have had seperated tracks. Here's hoping this trend continues throughout the month!

Impressions: So yeah, "Blurred Lines" ended up being pretty dull and easy on bass and whatever the track is masquerading as guitar, but that's to be expected. Most people are going to buy it for parties the vocal harmonies anyway. "Mr. Jones" on the other hand was pretty solid. The 3 note chord fest that is the guitar chart kind of starts to grate a little near the end but it's fun enough, the bass on the other hand is great fun, nothing difficult but it's a jaunty little bassline with a fair bit of movement up and down the fretboard. Grab it!

vg260

Well, it's time for my first playthrough scores, track seperation confirmations, and impressions. Strap yourself in 2n2, I know you desperately want the skinny on the stems for "Mr. Jones"!

Counting Crows - "Mr. Jones"
Expert Guitar: 322,521 | 100% Full combo | Gold Stars | Tier 2
Expert Bass: 134,035 | 100% Full Combo | Gold Stars | Tier 3

Brace yourself 2n2.... they are! No muted tracks across the board when missing notes, all other instruments play when you miss notes on your instrument, and no signs of lowered tracks at all. So purchase away, this songs stems are legit! Considering how many peeps have wanted this song for the longest time, this is great news!

Yay. Thanks! This has been one of my staple requests for ages. Happy it's the real deal. Always wanted a 3-pack, but this is the one I wanted most.

This was my request/wishlist for the longest time:
The Warrior
Your Love
Fire Woman (Please request this. It would be awesome)
Caught up in You
Mr. Jones

after RB3 support ended, I thought we'd never get any of these
Only one left!

I know blurred lines got radio play, but I don't know of a single person who prefers it over word crimes.

just like I don't know a single person who prefers riding dirty over white and nerdy, and that includes the creators of riding dirty as they have said they like white and nerdy better lol.

*Raises hand*

I really don't like Weird Al's stuff in general though.

komarkaze

Xbox One owners might have some entitlements waiting in their Ready to Install section. I have Freezepop's Less Talk More Rokk now.

One strange thing I noticed when browsing the Music Store now is that all of the songs I purchased used to say Purchased or Installed, but now displays the price like an unpurchased song and is possible to buy them again. I refreshed my Music Library and it did not fix the issue. Does anyone else see this?

Xbox One owners might have some entitlements waiting in their Ready to Install section. I have Freezepop's Less Talk More Rokk now.

One strange thing I noticed when browsing the Music Store now is that all of the songs I purchased used to say Purchased or Installed, but now displays the price like an unpurchased song and is possible to buy them again. I refreshed my Music Library and it did not fix the issue. Does anyone else see this?

I just checked right now, and I have songs that I know I never purchased.

Like:

Bad to the Bone
Let Love Rule
Love Spreads

pacman85

Man I hope this is true. I'm still waiting on AC/DC and a few other entitlements to actually work for me. At the end of the day, as long as they have all of this sorted out before Rivals comes out, I guess I will be happy.

IconGrist

I bought Sex and Candy earlier today. And despite being listed with an RB4 picture it will not show up in your download list. If you use the PSN web store it will only let you download to a PS3.

vg260

Yeah, apparently that issue popped up after the new system update.

Xis

Thanks for the heads-up; I had something like 140 songs ready for download. I didn't check real close, but it looks like all the Track Pack songs (I had bought all of them).

IconGrist

Is anyone else having trouble finding a good calibration balance between guitar and drums? I seem to always get guitar feeling perfect but drums will be off and vice versa.

Top Bottom