• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rockman X8 trailer. HES BACK. Rockman EXE5 Trailer/details NO WAY.

kiryogi

Banned
http://www.planet-megaman.com/

http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/megamanx8/media.html

http://www.gamespot.com/gba/rpg/megamanbattlenetwork5/media.html

X8:

Aside from general gameplay, which takes place in a lot of unique and colorful stages, along with good use of Ride Armors, a number of other quite notable things show up. In the beginning we see a great tower rising into the sky. This is probably Jacob, the orbital elevator. Notable characters appeared too, the most surprising of them being Vile, with a cannon on his shoulder and his own Ride Armor, naturally. Sigma of course is also around. In fact, at one point there appears to be an army of Sigmas. For someone making his last stand, it's sure a big one. Most if not all the boss characters were also shown, but rather quickly and without any identification. Finally, we get a better look at the mysterious person from the X8 trailer at E3. He is somewhat menacing looking, but surprisingly petit.

ARMY OF SIGMA, VILE. Truly Sigma's last stand. But PRETTY BOY VILLIAN?! Hell yea X8 looks awesome. The soundtrack nbased off the demo and this trailer has shown to be incredibly promising. Now seeing the game in action, it's intense and its fast! *unlike X7. Will we finally see that good X game since X4-5? (5 debatable :p)

EXE5:

Yes, GameSpot again. This time the EXE 5 trailer. If the X8 trailer blew away the X series fans, this will do the same with the EXE series fans. Spoilers abound.

It begins in what really looks like Tadashi's (Netto's grandfather) old laboratory. The voice, who is probably Tadashi, says "Should I entrust the completion of this research to the next generation? If that's so... If it's my sons, then certainly, this research will probably be completed. Ah, certainly..."

Next, cut to the return of Regal, and the knocked out Yaito, Dekao and Meiru.
Thug: Lord Regal, what do we do with the children?
Regal: Take their PETs away. Without their PETs, they can't do anything.
Thug: Right!

Then we get the summary of what's going on. It reads "The internet all over the world is being taken over by the mysterious organization 'Nebula'! In order to save the internet area from Nebula's control, two teams now stand against them!

After that we get into the team building. You are to find Navis suitable for certain tasks, and make friends with them to make them into team members. Of course, as shown with Magnetman, this seemingly involves a fight.

After introducing the team characters (who you should all know by now =P), it goes into the Liberate Missions. You are to free the "dark panels," areas on the field which have been taken over by the power of darkness. When you surround the panels, you can also get a disadvantageous battle. During the Liberate Missions, you can also use Navis other than Rockman. Thus you assemble a strategy of using partner Navis, taking advantage of their abilities.

Now onto newer features. The video states you can control the power of darkness, via Chaos Unison. This is how the Soul Unison system has progressed (it shows Gyro Soul at this point). If you Soul Unison by sacrificing a dark chip, you can create a Soul Unison of darkness. From this we see a "Dark Proto soul". If you can't control it well, dark power will by discharged randomly. Rockman's dark soul will come out and fight you.

More surprises still coming. Now the video states Rockman can plug into the world of past days. This allows Rockman to explore the real world, or at least a memory of it. With this, the video claims you can "discover the truth."

The rest says that Rockman and Netto will struggle along to find the headquarters of Nebula. Magnet Soul and more Gyro Soul are shown.

With all that being said, the game sounds amazing. Download the video here.

finally: all you legend/dash whores stay out of my thread. :p

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
EXE5 just sounds better and better as more info is released. :O

belgurdo

Banned
Legends 3 plz :)

The X8 demo is fun, but is hard as fuck, although it's not stupid "lol half the floor turns into spikes" bullshit hard like X6

Anyanka

I haven't been following any X8 previews or media.

So what is the deal? Are they saying this is the last game?

kiryogi

Banned
I doubt it, unless they dont wanna explain stuff. The maverick wars still continue through the defeat of sigma until the elf wars, then finally Zero series. :scratches head:

Anyway our new villain stated this:

"Congrats on defeating Sigma, I don't know how many times that makes it, but rest assured, he isn't coming back"

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I'd like to see a new MMX game taking place after X is "dead," and before Zero is resurrected, that takes from MMX Command Mission and lets you play as a variety of characters in the classic MM tradition.

Or even better, a new classic Mega Man game. :p

Anyanka

Sigma will never die. This new guy will be another Doppler, General or Gate.

They really need to pay off the whole Wily/Sigma connection.

I want a new classic game.

kiryogi

Banned
Lyte Edge said:
I'd like to see a new MMX game taking place after X is "dead," and before Zero is resurrected, that takes from MMX Command Mission and lets you play as a variety of characters in the classic MM tradition.

Or even better, a new classic Mega Man game. :p

Well with recent Zero 3 knowledge, that period of time was peaceful until the Neo Arcadia uprising then leading to Zero's rebirth.

Lyte Edge

kiryogi said:
Well with recent Zero 3 knowledge, that period of time was peaceful until the Neo Arcadia uprising then leading to Zero's rebirth.

Come on...it's very easy to make an event happen between MMX and MMZero that isn't as "big" as the storylines in those games, or just ignore continuity alltogether, this being a video game and all.

Lyte Edge

kiryogi said:
Oooh, upon more inspection of the .exe5 trailer.. can it be?!? NO MORE RANDOM ENCOUNTERS?! :D

Damn, I'm beginning to wonder if I should even bother with .exe 2-4 now.

kiryogi

Banned
Docpan said:
He's back for another sub-par adventure? ... Sorry, I'm not getting the enthusiasm here.
Watch the trailer :p

edit: you too anyanka! :p

not sure where... but heres something else..
It also looks like an army of Sigma clones. According to an article I read somewhere (probably Gamespot), this game marks the end of Sigma. The writer said Capcom assured that Sigma was finished.

Anyanka

Namco swears Heihachi is dead in Tekken 5......and it looks like he's going to be the boss.

Midway hyped how Liu kang was dead in MKDA.....and he's back in MKD.

Capcom is just lying.

Sigma is eternal!

kiryogi

Banned
Anyanka said:
Namco swears Heihachi is dead in Tekken 5......and it looks like he's going to be the boss.

Midway hyped how Liu kang was dead in MKDA.....and he's back in MKD.

Capcom is just lying.

Sigma is eternal!

He has to meet his end sometime. He's completely gone in Zero after all, and Zero series managed completely original last bosses as well so far.

Anyanka

True, but I don't think they'll ever show his end unless it's the last game. I just can't see them actually doing X9 without him.

We know Wily is beaten but they never actually showed it.

Lyte Edge

Somewhat off the topic, I just started Mega Man X Command Mission for the GC tonight; definitely finding it enjoyable. I really love the atmosphere and the music too; reminds me of Mega Man mixed with PSO.

nathkenn

Borg Artiste
is x8 more of a side scroller? i didnt mind the side scrolling parts of 7 but the half assed 3d parts were horrible

kiryogi

Banned
Excerpts from Zero 2 and 3....

(MAVERICK WARS) - The Maverick Wars was started by the Sigma virus, which terrified the
world. Eventually the Maverick Wars turned into everyone misusing the power of the Cyber-
elves. Thanks to X, the evil Cyber-elves have been deleted. No further information can be
found.

[DARK ELF]: Dark Elf is a Cyber-elf originally designed to end the
Maverick Wars. X used her to bring a prompt end to the conflict. Afterward, she
was stolen by Dr. Weil, subsequently causing the Elf Wars. There is no other data
available on the Dark Elf.

Elf Wars == Near the end of the Maverick Wars, many Cyber-
elves were used. The period from this time until the end of the fighting was
referred to as the Elf Wars, as a result. In particular, the use of the gigantic
elf known as the "Dark Elf," and copies of this elf, known as "Baby Elves," to
amplify the power of Reploids... while controlling said Reploids at will... made
this the worst war in recorded history... While use of the Dark Elf brought the
war to an end in four years... Approximately 90% of all Reploids, and 60% of all
humans, were wiped out.

That right there basically tells you that Sigma is not the end and afterwards there was much more conflict, but what happened next I can't say without spoiling some Zero 3 details. Unless X is only supposed to stand for the Sigma conflict in the maverick wars... But I doubt it. Pretty sure X series represents the Maverick wars, and maybe Elf wars.

edit: and it's also to note that Sigma is nowhere found in Command Mission, which takes place sometime later after X8

kiryogi

Banned
nathkenn said:
is x8 more of a side scroller? i didnt mind the side scrolling parts of 7 but the half assed 3d parts were horrible
yeah its basically back to 2d. But it seems rider portions are still 3d.

Docpan said:
He's back for another sub-par adventure? ... Sorry, I'm not getting the enthusiasm here.

It was more meant to refer to Vile :D

Kumiko Nikaido

Vindication...sweet.
And in related Mega Man X8 news, the U.S release has been pushed back from a November release to a tentative December 8th release date.

kiryogi

Banned
Kumiko Nikaido said:
And in related Mega Man X8 news, the U.S release has been pushed back from a November release to a tentative December 8th release date.

What bugs me about that is there's still no solid japanese date for it D:

Top Bottom