• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'Rockstar is confident' GTA VI will run at 60FPS on the PS5

Stupidity Are You Stupid GIF
Nope. Just not poor.

Jesus dude, use your brain for a second

They didnt "want to" upgrade RDR 2 to 60 on next gen consoles because they arent supportig the game anymore. They've droped RDR Online. They dont think its worth the time and money that they would spend on it.

With GTA VI, maybe they have put into the game everything that they wanted, at the quality that they wanted, and realised that they can optimize it enough to run at 60 on current gen hardware. Its that simple.

RDR 2 is not the hardest game to run today, and yet is still one of the best looking games available. So maybe they dont need to compromise their vision in order to deliver 60.
I hope you're right but I'm seriously fearing no 60 fps mode. I normally wouldn't care bc I am lucky enough to be able to afford a powerful gaming PC but the dweebs at Rockstar aren't launching on PC til later so I'll pick up whichever console can do 60 fps or I'll just wait for PC if all they offer is 30 fps. I can't go back. I tried playing Starfield on series x and 30 fps is a god damn actual slide show to me so I played it on my PC at 100fps and Asus ally at 40fps

So it was so easy to make it 60fps that someone was able to hack 60fps into it but Rockstar couldn't be bothered to spend a few days making a 60fps patch? what does that tell you about how much Rockstar thinks of the importance of a 60fps mode? Think about before you respond. Take your time. You can do this.

Mr.Phoenix

We should start a bet pool on if the game will have a 0fps performance mode or not.

Someone should make the thread... probably too early though.

Romulus

Me thinking about RDR2 on ps4, I wouldn't be shocked if they can pull off 1440 60fps. I haven't seen much that makes GTA6 look considerably better than RDR2.

I believe it because the issue isn't the hardware.

Publishers are desperate to get games out so the dev time gets rushed which is why games are so unoptimized today, with more time I think these games would look and run better especially at launch.

Last edited:

Vick

So it was so easy to make it 60fps that someone was able to hack 60fps into it but Rockstar couldn't be bothered to spend a few days making a 60fps patch? what does that tell you about how much Rockstar thinks of the importance of a 60fps mode? Think about before you respond. Take your time. You can do this.
Important enough to bother to build GTA VI with such mode in mind.

"Since that massive leak years ago, the first-ever footage of GTA VI we got was a gameplay clip on TikTok, leaked a day prior to the trailer that was running at 1440p at 60fps in Performance Mode."

And to have people working on the game stating with confidence it's going to run at 60fps.

All this tells us, as always, is how greedy Take-Two is. They're just going to sell a 60fps Remaster/Native port of the game at full price at some point, and that's for the better because fuck the current downgraded AF version of the game.

And it also tells us, once again, how easily and often Rockstar has to take the blame for Take-Two decisions. Lastly, next time spare me the embarassing condescending tone.

Important enough to bother to build GTA VI with such mode in mind.

"Since that massive leak years ago, the first-ever footage of GTA VI we got was a gameplay clip on TikTok, leaked a day prior to the trailer that was running at 1440p at 60fps in Performance Mode."

And to have people working on the game stating with confidence it's going to run at 60fps.

All this tells us, as always, is how greedy Take-Two is. They're just going to sell a 60fps Remaster/Native port of the game at full price at some point, and that's for the better because fuck the current downgraded AF version of the game.

And it also tells us, once again, how easily and often Rockstar has to take the blame for Take-Two decisions. Lastly, next time spare me the embarassing condescending tone.

Out first interaction was you quote posting me and sharing 2 "condescending" GIFS. If you would like to go back and start our interaction with a more polite tone, I would honestly be very happy to reciprocate. Also, I appreciate the time you took to look up that Tweak town article. Unfortunately it seems the assumption Tweak town made was wrong. Tweak town was talking about a leaked tik tok clip of GTA 6. Maybe that was actually 60fps but the actual trailer released by Rockstar was 30fps and it was not 1440p, but dynamic resolution that at times was running at 1440p. PS5 will almost certainly not have a 60fps mode at any resolution bc of the CPU bottleneck.

Here is DF breaking down the actual trailer (not the leaked tik tok clip) and confirming that the trailer was in fact, 30fps. Go to 7:00 mark to hear for yourself. Take care.

Last edited:
Top Bottom