• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rogue One Reviews & Impressions (Spoiler Tags Required)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I know Collider have their spoiler free review going up today

Colin Trevorrow got a Velociraptor to hop on a T-rex while fighting the Indominus.

I am fairly confident he wouldn't pass up the opportunity.
That scene just made me even more frustrated that the rest of the movie was so awful. That last fight sequence belonged in a much better movie.

But for every tweet like that, there's one like this:
�� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
The embargo for #RogueOne: A @StarWars Story reviews is lifted at NOON ET today!

BEWARE SPOILERS!
�� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��

giphy.gif

SilentRob

They changed the embargo time yesterday. Embargo now officially drops in 45 minutes, 6 hours earlier than originally planned.

smisk

Goddamn there's no way I'm gonna be able to stay off Twitter until Friday. Hope reviewers are careful with spoilers.

First review from what appears to be a... college football blog?

Outkick the Coverage said:
Walking out of Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, I had two conflicting thoughts, and 20 hours later as I compose this review, those same two competing ideas still exist in my mind. I'm not sure many will agree with me, but truthfully, it may come down to how big a Star Wars fan you are as to whether the film will "work" for you as intended.

The first thought concerns the movie as it is. Taken at face value, Rogue One is a technically stunning achievement with some interesting characters, a few important callbacks to the past (or future), and a good mixture of action and dialogue. It's not short, but not entirely too long, and Michael Giacchino's score is excellent, with a few twists on the John Williams formula. There's a lot to like about the movie, and it's fun to watch.

So why did I leave the theater with such an empty feeling?

That's right, we're getting existential

Marjorine

I have a bad feeling about this.

IDK why. A couple super movie guys at work are convinced it's gonna be horrid.

I'll take a 70%.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom