• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RPG MAKER WITH releasing on Switch on Oct 11th, PS4/PS5 in 2025

Source - Wario64

GPT8ZapXAAA-u8w

Last edited:

Fake

Was a long time since I used RPG Maker for PC.

Hope they make the process of doing events more easily.

CamHostage

Interesting that this is so simplistic-looking, given that one of the new PC versions of RPG Maker is basically a Unity Engine asset kit + template set. (As far as I know, though, it did not do well, and had some issues about it. Steam has several versions of RPG Maker, so that's not the only option.)

This is also the second RPG Maker on these PS/Switch platforms; RPG Maker MV came out in 2020. (And it looks pretty similar, aside from that this new version has collaborative features.) I still like that this series is going though, but I don't know why this series wants a console version when it could be mostly PC/mobile-based in creative mode and then the consoles would get a player to run the games. (I'm sure there's some fun in making maps on the Switch touchscreen or maybe even doodling with the PS console sometimes, but you'd I'm sure much prefer switching input devices once the project gets serious and starts taking a while to make.)

Last edited:
Top Bottom