• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Rumor] Chinese manufacturer says it’s preparing for a new Japanese games console launching early 2024

The rumours of a new Nintendo system next year keeps on swirling as you would expect. The Nintendo Switch is approaching its seventh year next year and technology moves at a rapid pace. Today, Chinese manufacturer PixArt, which has provided the SoC powering the Nintendo Switch JoyCon’s along with parts for other Nintendo home consoles said in its latest financial report that they will be busy manufacturing components for a brand new console from a Japanese company that hasn’t launched a new system in years which is set to release in early 2024. It seems fairly reasonable to assume the console mentioned is the follow up to the Nintendo Switch family of systems, though as always we will have to wait and see.

I still have friends saying 2025 and beyond for the Switch 2, because the current switch will mop the floor with everything even if the system is declining since 2021.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Switch Fu

Kung Fu Fighting GIF

Zannegan

Here's hoping it's true. We could use a fresh injection of the absurd now that the Great Activision Acquisition Storm is winding down, one way or another.

Come on "leakers," let's get the rumor mill running. If it's coming out next spring, we only have 3-5 months of wild-ass guesses from insiders and their imaginary sources to enjoy. Get cracking, dammit!

NX leaks were the best. Was it a home console? Was it a hybrid? "No way it could be a hybrid, the physics don't work out, and what would Nintendo want with one of those anyway?" "Hey guys, look at this patent. NX scrolling shoulder buttons basically confirmed!" (not that that would have been a bad thing, mind). And, my personal favorite, the tree reflections from the controller mockup. Those were the days.

The Wii U leaks were just depressing. "There's no way. Nintendo would have to TRY to make it that weak. LOL." Oops.

Last edited:

Hardensoul

The switch was announced in October 2016, the presentation was January 2017 and the launch was in march 2017. so just 6 months.
Yup, that's what happened and the WiiU was dead for that Holiday season. So the marketing revenue was all set for the Switch release.

With Super Mario Wonder and SMB RPG remaster releasing, their marketing will be to make those sales successful.

It's why I still don't see them announcing this right before Holidays and undercut their Holidays sales.

JordiENP

Yup, that's what happened and the WiiU was dead for that Holiday season. So the marketing revenue was all set for the Switch release.

With Super Mario Wonder and SMB RPG remaster releasing, their marketing will be to make those sales successful.

It's why I still don't see them announcing this right before Holidays and undercut their Holidays sales.
They will have to announce the thing before it leaks from the chinese factory, We already experienced how the Tears of the Kingdom Switch and the artbook were leaked 4 before the announcement.

Hardensoul

They will have to announce the thing before it leaks from the chinese factory, We already experienced how the Tears of the Kingdom Switch and the artbook were leaked 4 before the announcement.
I didn't see those leaks or wasn't looking for it. TotK is my most anticipated game. Normal consumers aren't going to know about Switch 2 leaks.

If Nintendo stays quiet, it'll still only be rumors that hardcore gamers on sites like Gaf would know. Rumors will not affect the upcoming Holiday sales.

tr1p1ex

not happening early 2024.

They guided to 15mn Switches sold this fiscal year. They give conservative guidance as a rule of thumb. 15mn+ isn't happening if they announce Switch 2 for early 2024. They also said they have no plans to launch it this fiscal year.

Totk is still fresh. And they have games and dlc coming into 2024 including SMB Wonder which should be a big hit.

And we haven't really had any good rumors yet. I think we had the codename of the Switch 7 years ago today. Yet surely an official announcement would have to come in a few months.

I don't see it happening. I think we hear about it next year.

ThaGuy

Let's take this time to notice how good Nintendo can keep secrets. I'm pretty sure the devs have an idea about the power and more of the next system since they have to have some knowledge of what to expect and design around said specs.

As of right now, we have more information about Sony's next PS5 model than the next Nintendo console and that's crazy. But I like being surprised so this excites me.

Tommi84

I cringe every time people keep repeating ps5 pro. And it was like that since day1…. Just get a pc people
I cringe every time people cringe ;).

I don't want a PC, thank you. I don't want to spend hours and hours every few years to decide which parts I want to replace or which parts will not be overpriced or if all pieces will be compatible wirh each other

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I cringe every time people cringe ;).

I don't want a PC, thank you. I don't want to spend hours and hours every few years to decide which parts I want to replace or which parts will not be overpriced or if all pieces will be compatible wirh each other
Ps5 is fine. Devs need to optimise and not use it as budget pc with unreal engine preset slapped on top

Top Bottom