• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: E3 2019 plans leaked - Dino Crisis reboot and Splinter Cell happening

Splinter Cell Conviction 2 pls

The best one.
giphy.gif

Uh that would objectively be Chaos Theory...

I genuinely hope this turns out to be a continuation as opposed to a reboot. It feels dumb to leave the second game hanging on the edge like that.

We can just say that part 3 was not canonical. They never referred to anything from the previous titles in that game anyway. So it would be easy enough to pretend that it never happened in the timeline, or maybe it takes place way ahead in time, to the point where it hardly should matter that it is a sequel.

My phone cannot get the word "timeline" right.

Last edited:
I'm heavily implying only possibly underage people would think Conviction is the best Splinter Cell.

That's insulting

It was just a fun game. The most fun I've had with Splinter Cell. I liked the pace, how accessible it was and the faster paced gameplay.

In the past I'd bought some of the previous ones on GameCube and PS2, and even tried Double Agent at launch, but I didn't finish or love any of what I played. I've never been drawn to stealth focused games but try. Dishonored is different.

Last edited:
That's insulting

It was just a fun game. The most fun I've had with Splinter Cell. I liked the pace, how accessible it was and the faster paced gameplay.

In the past I'd bought some of the previous ones on GameCube and PS2, and even tried Double Agent at launch, but I didn't finish or love any of what I played. I've never been drawn to stealth focused games but try. Dishonored is different.

Man that's totally not insulting lol. But yeah, I guess if you're not into stealth then SC is not going to be your series overall. I just think the action oriented entries are very shallow compared to the older stuff. Stealth gets a bad rep because of stupid forced stealth sections in games that don't have the mechanics to support them, SC is awesome because it's such a rich experience that makes you feel like a ninja.

I love the Dishonored series too, the level design is otherworldly.

Reactions: Isa
Man that's totally not insulting lol. But yeah, I guess if you're not into stealth then SC is not going to be your series overall. I just think the action oriented entries are very shallow compared to the older stuff. Stealth gets a bad rep because of stupid forced stealth sections in games that don't have the mechanics to support them, SC is awesome because it's such a rich experience that makes you feel like a ninja.

I love the Dishonored series too, the level design is otherworldly.

I wanted to like the early Hitman and Splinter Cell games when I was younger. I kept giving them a chance and trying, and forcing myself at times, but stealth just wasn't really for me. It's why I liked Conviction and Absolution so much.

However, I did like and finish the last Hitman (still need to open and play Season One) and also Splinter Cell: Blacklist. I've grown to like stealth more as I've grown older.

But I didn't like the implication that it was just a young mind making me like Conviction more. That was kind of ignorant. I was an adult when I played it.

Last edited:
If it is a third person game, it better have great atmosphere. Nothing pisses me off more than shitty shooter-ish games claiming to be survival horror. While you will of course be killing dinosaurs, I hate games that have an emphasis on that action stuff too much.

Maybe there should be ways to evade them as opposed to the typical, "Bang. Ya dead!" horseshit they put in games too much nowadays. Like, remember the beams that would be blocking the hallways in the original? Maybe a puzzle or something like that should come into play. But I don't mean that there shouldn't be the odd Velociraptor ambush that requires a lot of bullets to fly.

Yeah, because the industry revolves around hearsay rather than genuine facts! :messenger_beaming:

Like that Evil VR guy. Oh, and Michael Does Life, who has to be the biggest user of clickbait today. :messenger_smirking:

"I got an update about this all new edition of Resident Evil 2. Strap yourselves in, folks... for a whole lot of nothing."

Rinse and repeat, while flapping his arms about with his sweaty shirt just about over his head.

"Oh, Michael. You're so wrong. Uh-huh-huh. Uh-huh-huh. Uh-huh-huh. Uh-huh-huh. Uh-huh-huh."

:lollipop_astonished:

Aggelos

The e3 that was promised 8(
add this one to the pile!

Well, Capcom Dev Division 1 still has one unannounced project in development
So maybe later at TGS, or even PSX/VGA.

Jun Takeuchi is the head of Capcom Development Division 1 (where RE7, RE2Remake and DMC5 were made)
http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/company/officer02.html

Capcom Dev Division 1 actually teased Dino Crisis back in Dec 2017 on their official twitter account.
They said that they might bring it back, if there was considerable demand for the Dino Crisis series.

Last edited:

Arkage

Banned
Bumping these old rumors kind of crushes my soul. Esp "new Fable" ugh... But I can't bitch too much due to the FF7 stuff alone.

DonF

Gold Member
Bumping these old rumors kind of crushes my soul. Esp "new Fable" ugh... But I can't bitch too much due to the FF7 stuff alone.
Sorry, dude! Had to do it! Love e3 and all the pre e3 hype, but I think it's important to recognize unfulfilled rumors

Aggelos

For this Capcom unannounced title, maybe plans have changed. This leak for Dino Crisis, in this thread, is from early April.
In other words, the source for that could date from anywhere between Jan-March 2019.

When Capcom released its Presentation for the previous Fiscal Year 2018/2019 in May 2019 , they also showed their forecasts for the current Fiscal year 2019/2020
According to their Strategic Objectives table , no major titles are planned to be announced (usually in the previous years they go with Major Title 1, Major Title 2 ... etc ) , Their only planned Major input was/is Monster Hunter World Iceborne.
pdf_9.png

So the unannounced Title that Jun Takeuchi teased won't be released before March 2020. Because that's what the Capcom Forecasts for FY 2019/2020 suggest and denote.

Back in June 2017 Capcom producer Kobayashi Hiroyuki mentioned that RE2Remake would come out soon.
Why would he say sth like that?
Well if you read the interviews, RE2Remake producer Kanda mentioned that back in 2016-17 the plan of the dev team was to release the game on the 20th anniversary.
But they couldn't meet that launch-window (although it was desired and aimed), thus they released it on the 21st anniversary.
And producer Kobayashi was/is an official source, just for the record. Notwithstanding, plans can change within a company any time for whatever reason.

Last edited:

DonF

Gold Member
For this Capcom unannounced title, maybe plans have changed. This leak for Dino Crisis, in this thread, is from early April.
In other words, the source for that could date from anywhere between Jan-March 2019.

When Capcom released its Presentation for the previous Fiscal Year 2018/2019 in May 2019 , they also showed their forecasts for the current Fiscal year 2019/2020
According to their Strategic Objectives table , no major titles are planned to be announced (usually in the previous years they go with Major Title 1, Major Title 2 ... etc ) , Their only planned Major input was/is Monster Hunter World Iceborne.
pdf_9.png

So the unannounced Title that Jun Takeuchi teased won't be released before March 2020. Because that's what the Capcom Forecasts for FY 2019/2020 suggest and denote.

Back in June 2017 Capcom producer Kobayashi Hiroyuki mentioned that RE2Remake would come out soon.
Why would he say sth like that?
Well if you read the interviews, RE2Remake producer Kanda mentioned that back in 2016-17 the plan of the dev team was to release the game on the 20th anniversary.
But they couldn't meet that launch-window (although it was desired and aimed), thus they released it on the 21st anniversary.
And producer Kobayashi was/is an official source, just for the record. Notwithstanding, plans can change within a company any time for whatever reason.

The bump was worth it for this post

Last edited:
At this point, I want Dino Crisis two years after the ps5's release.

I'm totally okay if Capcom wants to wait until next gen for a new Dino Crisis game. With the crazy action nature of Dino Crisis I would rather wait until they feel like they can deliver what they want without being hindered by hardware.

I think Capcom was able to pull off what they wanted in DMCV because of it's small arenas, and in RE2 because of it's slow methodical pacing.

However a super fast action game with dinos attacking you everywhere with multiple enemies and larger environments. Maybe current gen consoles just can't handle that with RE engine and deliver a solid frame rate.

Plus if we're going action oriented then a new Dino Crisis must be 60 fps.

Reactions: RSB
Top Bottom