• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Horizon Zero Dawn Remaster in development as well as Multiplayer Project based on Horizon

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
hey here's a short list of games Sony could remake/sequel instead that would breathe new life into more IPs and gain them even more money

Parappa the Rapper (with how popular friday night funkin is these days it'd sell gangbusters and it's not like it's a super high budget AAA production)
Ape Escape
Uncharted 1-3
Vib-Ribbon
Sly Cooper
MediEvil (a remake came out in 2019 but a third game would be nice)
Gravity Rush
Killzone (they're going to lose COD to MS soon, this is the smartest decision they could make)
Jak & Daxter (which they could hand off to guerrilla since they seem like the perfect team to handle Jak's open worlds)
LittleBigPlanet (the one that was actually creative, not the Mario 3d World ripoff)

A lot of these games (Parappa and Uncharted especially) are very popular IPs that basically made the Playstation brand, resources that they're wasting on a HZD remake could easily go into remaking one of these gems instead and raking in tons of cash from people who are nostalgic for the older games and people who are new and just getting into these franchises. Playstation's goldmine of IPs is second to Nintendo and yet they're hardly even using it :/

How many of those games sold 20+ million like Horizon Zero Dawn?

Sony has a pretty clear strategy with the Horizon franchise. Trilogy, TV show, multiplayer game, VR title...

The franchises you listed died because they weren't successful enough and they don't matter to PlayStations future in the same way Horizon does.

Putting a small team on remastering this game makes much more sense. People here just don't like it because they think they're the center of the gaming universe.

Last edited:

Nickolaidas

Banned
They'll probably do the exact thing they did with tlou1. Horizon Dawn with Forbidden West gameplay mechanics, character models, and the same cutscenes. Maybe even add the robots West had and Dawn didn't.

Those games are so similar with each other it's really easy to do, when you think about it.

reksveks

A document featuring several announced and unannounced Sony Interactive Entertainment projects—including a remastered version of Horizon Zero Dawn for PlayStation 5, and Horizon online multiplayer project for PlayStation 5 and PC—was recently shared with Gematsu. Gematsu was able to independently verify several titles listed in the document with multiple sources familiar with their development, including the Horizon titles.

Source: https://www.gematsu.com/2022/10/rum...ultiplayer-game-for-ps5-and-pc-in-development

PC strategy will be interesting

A document featuring several announced and unannounced Sony Interactive Entertainment projects—including a remastered version of Horizon Zero Dawn for PlayStation 5, and Horizon online multiplayer project for PlayStation 5 and PC—was recently shared with Gematsu. Gematsu was able to independently verify several titles listed in the document with multiple sources familiar with their development, including the Horizon titles.

Source: https://www.gematsu.com/2022/10/rum...ultiplayer-game-for-ps5-and-pc-in-development

Document leak when?

Chukhopops

The online multiplayer project is said to feature customization around the various tribes of the Horizonfranchise,
The MP part could work but please don’t make it about the tribes, this was by far the most boring and cliche part of both Horizon games. My brain was phasing out each time there was a plot about hippie green tribe versus warrior red tribe.

Make it about open world robosaur hunting and this could be nice honestly.

A remake of a PS4 game that never really had any sort of graphics or performance issues?. Its a bit of a shame that SONY doesn't look into remaking Killzone 2 or Motostorm instead.

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
It’s only okay when they do it, silly. Especially the big N.
Are you seriously comparing porting exclusive games from a console that nobody bought, to porting* a 20+ million (double the WiiU’s install base) seller from the previous gen’s best-selling console that’s still available for purchase, retro compatible, and also available on PC? The install base of PS5 at this moment is probably 90% people who already bought Horizon on PS4.

*I’m calling it a port until we get more info on what exactly it is.

Nintendo’s porting habits are highly questionable, especially in the technical aspect, but this is a new level. If Nintendo fans deserve (?) ridicule for rebuying Skyward Sword, surely the people who are already rejoicing at this news deserve it too?

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Why even buy a Sony game day one at this point. Just wait a couple of years and you will have a better looking version of it to play anyway. Seems like a weird president to set when youre trying to tell people your games are so good they cant be on a service day one and should be paid for day 1.

Lets get the Days gone remake next.

Gudji

Gold Member
Why even buy a Sony game day one at this point. Just wait a couple of years and you will have a better looking version of it to play anyway. Seems like a weird president to set when youre trying to tell people your games are so good they cant be on a service day one and should be paid for day 1.

Lets get the Days gone remake next.
Why even buy games at all. Should have waited for skyrim and GTA V on PS6.

anthony2690

Banned
So is Sony just remaking every popular PS4 game for ps5?

& Making a GAAS multiplayer title and TV show/film for every popular playstation game too?

Obviously this is just going off rumours, but it just seems like a strange thing to do & beyond strange to make up, as it isn't particularly exciting.

Last edited:

drezz

Motorstorm
Oooof!
Can you imagine the details we would get this time around?
And the sound!!!
Hell, slap PSVR2 in there as well.

Fucking hell, so much to reel in from the wast sea of IP and GAMES they have and they land thier hook righ in the old fish bucket right next to them.

Majormaxxx

So these fuckers have these new powerful machines (well powerful compared to the old ones) and they just regurgitate old stuff. G fucking dammit. Imagine if in the SNES era they were just remasting NES and atari 2400 games... Or in the PS2 era just remastering N64 roms...

Gorilla, if it is true, you fuckers better remaster Killzone 2-3 first.

T-Cake

I hope they grant it for PC players as well. My PCMR OCD would go nuts if the PS5 version was better than on Steam.

skneogaf

I wonder if developers are just now starting remakes of games not actually released yet?

So cool to think how much better the remake will be once the original gets released!

kyliethicc

Any tl dr on why it is so sure?
VGC has corroborated MP1st on both accounts.

I can't believe this...

Tlou remake was already some bullshit but this is downright nightmerish, and zero dawn was my fucking gotg...

What the fuck are you doing sony?
It’s not a remake like TLOU1. It’s a remaster. Happens all the time, relax.

Like Spider-man got a similar remaster for PS5.

Last edited:

acidagfc

Ok, Sony, here is an idea.

You give rights for Bloodborne to the studio that made Castlevania show for Netflix.

Then you tie in the remaster of the game to that show release date.

Pretty please?

Edit: oh, yeah, and a Bloodborne Kart for the multiplayer part.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Gold Member

It’s not a remake like TLOU1. It’s a remaster. Happens all the time, relax.

Like Spider-man got a similar remaster for PS5.
And it's a waste of time, money and devs everytime, i don't need to be mad to recognise some bullshit when i see one.

But i guess remaster is a bit less idiotic than full remake...

Last edited:

GymWolf

Gold Member
so when a movie gets re-released on UHDBD do you sit there bitching and moaning like “what a waste of time and money”

or do you do what normal people do
Do movie get re-released that soon?

It's not like we don't have horizon on pc or fw on ps4 that already looks much better than zero dawn on ps4...

Not that i'm surprised that you are defending this crap, there is no fucking need for a remaster dude.

We trolled xbox for tvtvtvtvtvt and now sony is fucking remastering/remaking every game that has a serial tv??

Last edited:

ZehDon

... Like Spider-man got a similar remaster for PS5.
OIP.FevUDCkbaT_IITHN5JhkbwHaIS

Stuart360

Gold Member
Its probably not a full on remake (what would be the point?), but more of a remaster adding in the PC improvements, and 60/120fps modes.

Not sure why poeple are losing their shit over this news. Its probably being done by a small team over 2 or 3 months.

kyliethicc

some movie do yes do movie be new or old

It's not like we don't have horizon on pc or fw on ps4 that already looks much better than zero dawn on ps4...
that’s why they’d… ya know

Not that i'm surprised that you are defending this crap,
I’m not defending anything

I just don’t get mad about video games

there is no fucking need for a remaster dude.
there is no need for any video game

We trolled xbox for tvtvtvtvtvt
for lacking good video games

and now sony is fucking remastering/remaking every game that has a serial tv??
?

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
lol sony. this isn't needed at all. how about using that time and money to bring a game that needs a remake? like, oh i dunno, bloodborne?? if not then make something new!

odhiex

Yeaaaah....I could see that the upcoming Netflix's show as one of the major reasons of remastering this game for Sony, just like TLOU Part 1.

Last edited:

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch

Not that i'm surprised that you are defending this crap, there is no fucking need for a remaster dude.

We trolled xbox for tvtvtvtvtvt and now sony is fucking remastering/remaking every game that has a serial tv??

Sony re-released Spider-Man No Way Home (The More Fun Stuff Version) movie recently.

nikolino840

A remake of a PS4 game that never really had any sort of graphics or performance issues?. Its a bit of a shame that SONY doesn't look into remaking Killzone 2 or Motostorm instead.
Maybe killzone is impossible now...they can't tell to the fcc that they don't have any fps 🤣

Top Bottom