• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: Leaked Screens of Smash 3DS Shows Character Select Screen, Stages

NateDrake

What standsout to me is the odd placement of certain characters. Why are all the Mario, Fire Emblem, and Kid Icarus characters together except for Dr. Mario, Lucina, and Dark Pit?

What standsout to me is the odd placement of certain characters. Why are all the Mario, Fire Emblem, and Kid Icarus characters together except for Dr. Mario, Lucina, and Dark Pit?
Presumably because they're clones. The other "clones" like Toon Link, Falco, and Ganondorf have their own animations for some of their moves--we know Lucina has all of the same moves as Marth and just as the properties changed, so presumably the other two, Dr. Mario and Dark Pit, are in that same boat: as pure clones as clones can be.

You might be interested in this:
DLCAllCups.png

http://www.mariokartwii.com/threads/139916-DLC-Cups-found-in-MK8?p=6127087&viewfull=1#post6127087
This is the real megaton in this thread.

I think the roster's great, we just got most of it revealed before release. Like, take half the newcomers and make them unlockable instead, and we'd have people screaming it's the best roster ever. "Palutena, Shulk, Rosalina, Little Mac, Duck Hunt Dog, AND Lucina?! HOLY SHIT!"

A room on the Tomidachi stage shown in Famitsu matches a room in the leak exactly. This room type had never been shown before, it was just released today.

And it keeps piling up.

Sakurai gonna need to delay the game so he can add in Duck Hunt Dog. Pre-orders gon get cancelled left and right if he's confirmed not to be in the game

NateDrake

Presumably because they're clones. The other "clones" like Toon Link, Falco, and Ganondorf have their own animations for some of their moves--we know Lucina has all of the same moves as Marth and just as the properties changed, so presumably the other two, Dr. Mario and Dark Pit, are in that same boat: as pure clones as clones can be.

Good point. Had the screens shown post-match stats this would have been easy to dismiss as a fake, since post-match player stats are not the same as previous Smash Bros. games.

I'd be disappointed if the Duck Hunt dog, Shulk, and Dark Pit are included over other characters I feel would have been stronger representatives, but I'm withholding judgment until something official is confirmed.

Astral Dog

It could be fake, im not coming to conclusions,the Snake absence is dissapointing but not really surprising,and i would welcome Shulk.

Hugstable

Banned
Seriously--How is Captain Toad's game coming out and Toad not a playable fighter?

Exactly! It would be great to promote the game, so I still don't know why they haven't done it yet, unless he really is planned and it's still kept secret. I just want to whoop the crap out of people as a 2 Foot Mushroom!

Saw the scans on another site. It's incredibly easy to see that fifth stage in the second column matches the stage in the picture perfectly.

If the room has truly never been seen before, this confirms it.

I'd be disappointed if the Duck Hunt dog, Shulk, and Dark Pit are included over other characters I feel would have been stronger representatives, but I'm withholding judgment until something official is confirmed.

How can you be disappointed over Shulk? Xenoblade rep being in is the best news ever.

trixx

dog from duck hunt and snake is back in. Ice climbers as dlc?

hahaha, if this is real i would cry of laughter

daydream

Banned
They should have never been in Smash to begin with going by the "rule" of IP having at least 2 games to be part of Smash. I can see them being dropped for technical reasons (like morphing' characters were) but I'm sure Smashgaf went over that.

Well, aside from the fact that I like Ice Climber, I always thought their inclusion was cool for that exact reason.

How can you be disappointed over Shulk? Xenoblade rep being in is the best news ever.
I've never heard of Shulk. There are many other characters that I feel deserve a spot in the roster more. Looking up his potential move set based off of fan theories, it doesn't look like it would be anything interesting. I can understand that fans would want him, but I'm personally not convinced.

I've never heard of Shulk. There are many other characters that I feel deserve a spot in the roster more. Looking up his potential move set based off of fan theories, it doesn't look like it would be anything interesting. I can understand that fans would want him, but I'm personally not convinced.

Who would be more deserving that a newcomer from an important upcoming 1st party franchise? Please don't say another rep for an existing franchise like K Rool or Ridley, because I'd say new franchises are way more important

NateDrake

Thanks!

Yes, same stage. But a different room can supposedly be seen. If somebody else can confirm that it was only revealed in the recent Famitsu this would basically confirm the leak, wouldn't it?

Looking at the scans and the leak it is tough to say it is the exact same room. Looks similar but hard to say 100%.

DMiz

Shulk is an interesting inclusion because, if nothing else, it might also show that Nintendo is basically going to try to promote Monolith as it's new "traditional JRPG" company and that we should consider new releases from them as "Nintendo franchises", not just games from Monolith.

I'm all for this. As much as I love the Mario and Luigi RPG series (and absolutely adored Paper Mario and the 1000 Year Old Door), they really do need someone to make them JRPGs that are of a more traditional schematic, and not just SPRGs via Intelligent Systems.

Lucas being cut is kind of a bummer, but a Magicant stage sounds fucking awesome, and my boy Ness sticking around is also great.

Because I can't keep up with all these leaks, someone help me out here: Is there any credible leak mentioning Mewtwo?

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I guess I can't even post just the cut-out portion of the Famitsu Scan, but yes, IT'S A MATCH! And as far as I can tell, the three pictures we've seen of Tomadachi Life in the past didn't show it.

I'm calling victory for #TeamReal!

I'M MAINING DARK PIT DAY #1 BABY!

Who would be more deserving that a newcomer from an important upcoming 1st party franchise? Please don't say another rep for an existing franchise like K Rool or Ridley, because I'd say new franchises are way more important
Ridley would have been a preferred candidate, yes. But I also would have preferred a 3rd party character like Bayonetta, or even someone from a franchise like Golden Sun or Chibi-Robo. I wouldn't have minded another Zelda character. Is Xenoblade a franchise? I'm not that familiar with the game yet (as I haven't gotten to it yet), so I don't know how iconic Shulk is or how popular the series is right now. I just want someone with a unique or interesting move set; I'm sure Sakurai and his team could think of something, but many people paint a very bland image. But I'm probably just biased.

Sai-kun

Banned

Yup. Could not give less of a fuck about any of those three. Praying this is fake.

Ridley would have been a preferred candidate, yes. But I also would have preferred a 3rd party character like Bayonetta, or even someone from a franchise like Golden Sun or Chibi-Robo. I wouldn't have minded another Zelda character. Is Xenoblade a franchise? I'm not that familiar with the game yet (as I haven't gotten to it yet), so I don't know how iconic Shulk is or how popular the series is right now. I just want someone with a unique or interesting move set; I'm sure Sakurai and his team could think of something, but many people paint a very bland image. But I'm probably just biased.
They're making a sequel at the very least and from what I've heard he's heavily requested in Japan. And anybody suggesting third party characters like Bayonetta are more relevant or deserving than first parties is insane

They're making a sequel at the very least and from what I've heard he's heavily requested in Japan. And anybody suggesting third party characters like Bayonetta are more relevant or deserving than first parties is insane
Well, I was including characters that might have been more interesting, not necessarily just those that would be more relevant or deserving. I wouldn't mind taking one of those Splatoon characters, for instance. A lot of people seem to want Shulk, though.

So you prefer someone from a non-Nintendo game or a series on the shelf over Shulk -- who just had a game (widely considered the best JRPG in a long time), and will have another game coming out next year? Shulk is way more relevant. Operation Rainfall was for Shulk's game even.

Well, I was including characters that might have been more interesting, not necessarily just those that would be more relevant or deserving. I wouldn't mind taking one of those Splatoon characters, for instance.

See,I feel like one of the big draws of Smash is that it's a huge celebration of Nintendo's history as well as a fantastic fighting game, so I can't agree. And Shulk has a ton of moveset potential and could easily be unique (For example, I once made a moveset centered around him altering his characteristics somewhat similar to what one of the rumors suggests). Also Splatoon never had a chance considering it's a new franchise that won't be out until after Smash (Roy was an exception from an established franchise)

Top Bottom