• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Marvel considering adding Kingpin in Spider-Man: Homecoming

Status
Not open for further replies.

OldRoutes

Puppet master to who? Anyone with the juice to fight MCU Spidey isn't going to take orders from Babyman

He's a crime lord. He buys people. Everyone has a weakness... family, friends, lovers. Fisk is just good at finding those.

Daredevil season 2 shows that.

Slayven

Kingpin would be cool for Tombstone to show up and give the "I am the Captain" now speech to. Hell it is a shame Tombstone hasn't been used yet

Khaz

Honestly, it doesn't even feel like it exists in the same universe as either the multiple Netflix series or the core MCU (but especially the Netflix series - there's literally no resemblance what-so-ever). It's some weird-ass other thing that keeps making (often forced) references and having shit-tons of Avengers props and designs pop up. And that's basically on every level in every way.

That's because even Netflix and TV can't talk for some reason. You have basically three universes: film, Netflix, TV, and the synergy is only within themselves. The only thing they can do is tiny references of the universe, like a newscast ticker or namedrops in the series.

Honestly the series and films would benefit a lot from better integration. The films would gain levity in acknowledging that there are a lot of enhanced popping up recently who need to be controlled, instead of making accords specifically for the Avengers. Shield would also be more credible when they say they are monitoring enhanced, as now they turn a blind eye to Hell's Kitchen for no reason. etc.

It's one of the reason Shield is tanking. Sure, the writing isn't always at its best, but when people want to watch it and find out there is no connection, they just leave disappointed and make comments like yours. It's typically a show that tanked because execs just can't talk to each others.

Slayven

Isn't Spidey like 200 times stronger than him by now?

Kingpin don't even fight no more, he just fakes his death and hides

body+double.jpg

Slayven

Hahahaha I just read the article and it is basically "AoS isn't getting good ratings, I like the Netflix shows. so they should put Kingpin in the movie"

Literally 2+2= Z logic and not even a "A insider says "

Get better rumor standards

Sure but I doubt it would make sense with what Netflix has planned.
MCU Spider-man is a baby

MCU Kingpin looks like a giant baby.
I read this in abridged Pharaoh's voice...
Edit :
Hahahaha I just read the article and it is basically "AoS isn't getting good ratings, I like the Netflix shows. so they should put Kingpin in the movie"

Bobby Roberts was right!

I think Tombstone should be the villain (played by Denzel) but having a scene where he discusses how to squash the Spider featuring Hammerhead (Jon Hamm) and D'Onofrio's Kingpin would be brilliant.

And get a post-credits scene in there where he meets Daredevil.

Yep. Tombstone makes more sense than kingpin. Hammerhead is just goofy though, leave him in the comics.

Wow that article is harsh

Shield is going to be Coulsons Fever dream? DAYUM did they actually entertain that idea?

Wait.. the article doesnt have a source?

Rymuth

I'm re watching Daredevil Season 1 and it's truly astounding how well D'Onorfio owned up to the role.

One thing, though, is that Spidey should'nt beat him up but rather keep him in his awesome role as the man pulling the strings in the shadows. His awesomeness in Season 2 is on a whole different level.

G-Fex

You don't trust screengeek.net?!?

Doesn't it say "a source close to the situation"? That's basically insider.

You're right though, hate these vague-ass clickbait articles. 99% of the time they don't have shit.

Slayven

Wow that article is harsh

Shield is going to be Coulsons Fever dream? DAYUM did they actually entertain that idea?

Wait.. the article doesnt have a source?

But while Agent Carter has been canceled, and Marvel’s Most Wanted will not be picked up, there is much clamor for the Netflix shows. Therefore, if Marvel does happen to cross someone over from the shows, then from a business standpoint, it makes sense to bring someone in from one of the Netflix series.

And who better than Wilson Fisk – in a Spider-Man movie, no less. In the ’90’s cartoon, Fisk, a.k.a. Kingpin, was the main villain. It also led to a really cool team-up between Spidey and Daredevil.
Thats their source, tales from their ass.

Alpha_eX

I don't want this because they'll probably tone him down and arm him with a super soaker. King Pin in Daredevil is great, I don't want them to change the character to fit a movie with a PG rating.

Slayven

To steal Nonny Roberts term "Nerd OCD" is funny, the shows and movies are setup just like comics. In the comics they don't refer to each other every other sentience

The references to Alhpa Primitives, Betsy the vampire cow,Fucking Nuke, and the Fucking Hologram shield are much better than the characters sitting around going "Remember when Cap did that thing"

Cuburt

He is a supersmart scientist? and the dichotomy of a mortal mind vs god like power?
Doesn't matter, in a fight he loses, how can a villain work if he can't beat the crap out of the hero?

Terrible villain by realistic standards and power levels, the only metric that matters.

Doesn't matter, in a fight he loses, how can a villain work if he can't beat the crap out of the hero?

Terrible villain by realistic standards and power levels, the only metric that matters.

You're being sarcastic right? :p

The most interesting and exciting battles aren't always just clashes of brute strength.

She seems pissed but what does she expect? She honestly expects to get an avenger to make an appearance? Shes lucky they got fury for a few seconds.

And she seems to have a pretty entitled attitude. what reason would marvel have for shoehorning her character into a movie? Makes you hope marvel calls everyone up to the majors except her, lol.

What's wrong with expecting more? So now marvel has set the bar so high these requests are out the realm of possibility? And saying she has an entitled attitude? Because she wants to be more involved with the Marvel universe? Cmon man. Its not like her individual talents on the show would suggest she's not capable.

This reeks of Robin Wright being harassed because she wanted equal pay with Kevin Spacey for House of Cards.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Yes, that's exactly my point. I'm ok with Kingpin being a behind the scenes villain but I don't want to see him fight Spider-Man because he would lose and be made fun of, which would make him less threatening in future Daredevil seasons.

It just establishes that he's not some superpowered villain that relies on raw strength to get the job done, but he's a schemer, a puppeteer, he pulls the right strings to get a situation in his favor, they established that in both Daredevil seasons, it would only make sense to continue down that path. If anything, I'd rather not have Spidey come face to face with Kingpin at all, at least not right in the first movie. Let stuff happen in Queens, have Peter make a stand, reveal the villain and resolve it. You can use Kingpin as the man behind the scenes behind the man/woman behind the scenes. That would be perfect and fitting for Kingpin as a character in the MCU.

Osahi

I must be the only one who didn't really like Fisk in Daredevil S1. I didn't find him very threatening at all, and I found the way he spoke in a low, pained tone pretty annoying. It was as if the character was screaming 'look at how tormented I am'.

In season 2 I actually thought: oh no, not him again, when he showed up. But he is actually more interesting as a sidecharacter in S2 then as main villain in S1. He is being gamed by any other criminal mastermind in Hell's Kitchen anyway in S1 :')

diaspora

I don't want this because they'll probably tone him down and arm him with a super soaker. King Pin in Daredevil is great, I don't want them to change the character to fit a movie with a PG rating.
This. Cinematic spider-man is for kids, Kingpin wouldn't work well with it.

Slayven

Although it would be hilarious for Spiderman to say "Hey you look like that guy from that old movie, Jabba the Hutt"

This. Cinematic spider-man is for kids, Kingpin wouldn't work well with it.

Cinematic Spider-Man is in a movie
where innocent people are blown up by a suicide bomb, another terrorist attack brutally kills a bunch of innocent UN members, brainwashed supersoldiers are shot in the head while they sleep, and Howard Stark is brutally punched in the head repeatedly by a bionic arm until he dies.

It's a kids movie really

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom