• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: new motorstorm in development?

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
If true why the fuck did they sell evolution

Such a stupid move

It's one of the 5 things that has PISSED me off about Sony over the last few years. I'm super happy that MS is spending $100 billion on content now. Sony was just getting WAAAAAAAAAAY too comfortable in the lead. Like you said in the bolded......why sell Evolution?

yurinka

I'm simple guy. Gran Turismo Festival sounds better.
Nah, simply make a new Motorstorm but call it:
Gran Turismo Motorstorm

It's one of the 5 things that has PISSED me off about Sony over the last few years. I'm super happy that MS is spending $100 billion on content now. Sony was just getting WAAAAAAAAAAY too comfortable in the lead. Like you said in the bolded......why sell Evolution?
Please be true, though Sony messed up by selling Evolution.
Previous Sony bosses did shut down Evolution, didn't sell it.

Jimbo and Hulst bought Firesprite (+Fabrik), who has most of the still active former Evolution, Sony Liverpool and Bizarre Creations key staff.

Last edited:

splattered

Would be awesome, loved the Motostorm series. Though i question rumors like this, now that MS is acquiring Activision we're sure to see a ton of these "rumors" to crop up everywhere to try and build positive buzz back up for Playstation.

This one isn't unrealistic at all, just saying i expect the usual places to get flooded with this stuff soon if they aren't already.

nikos

Gran Turismo Motorstorm

Jimbo and Hulst bought Firesprite (+Fabrik), who has most of the still active former Evolution, Sony Liverpool and Bizarre Creations key staff.

You're right, they did shut them down. Not sure why I typed selling. Edited.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Gran Turismo Motorstorm

Lets hope they give them the marketing that's deserved once the game is near ready. Because I have every reason to believe the game will be good.

EDMIX

No matter the sales. It is the mindshare created by such titles. It's why 15 years later people still reminisce fondly.

Not sure Sony still has that gene.

Nah, the sales matter.

This is still a business.

We can think back fondly about lots of games, but it still needs to sell in order to exist today. Someone has to make that call and in order for us to get new games that will become classics, whats not working anymore should be put to rest.

When they have a great idea and a solid team to do it, then I'd be on board with some reboot, but I understand why they are not just making games based on fondness, that idea didn't move units enough to even keep that IP alive.

Shmunter

Nah, the sales matter.

This is still a business.

We can think back fondly about lots of games, but it still needs to sell in order to exist today. Someone has to make that call and in order for us to get new games that will become classics, whats not working anymore should be put to rest.

When they have a great idea and a solid team to do it, then I'd be on board with some reboot, but I understand why they are not just making games based on fondness, that idea didn't move units enough to even keep that IP alive.
Sales matter, but there is also intangible brand building based on risk and a cult following.

Rolling out nothing but guaranteed blockbusters based on a proven formula is not the complete package. At least not for me, I’m sure I’m not completely alone.

EDMIX

Sales matter, but there is also intangible brand building based on risk and a cult following.

Rolling out nothing but guaranteed blockbusters based on a proven formula is not the complete package. At least not for me, I’m sure I’m not completely alone.

You must also build a brand based on quality, not solely based on relevancy. If they have nothing, its best to leave it alone until they can get the team to have it done.

I'm also not suggesting even remotely to only roll out "nothing but guaranteed blockbusters", sir nothing is guaranteed in this business, I'm 100% ok with taking risk, it makes sense with new IP, but that is a harder pill to swallow on a existing failure tainted by bad sales.

That following may not be enough and even calling them a "cult" doesn't even help lol Oh a group of people obsessed with a game or IP, that is the rational group of people you are telling me this multibillion dollar company should trust? lolz I kid, i kid

You'll find followings literally for any damn game, but when it comes to business, the numbers must be on our side. I'd rather they sit it out and wait till they have a great idea, cult following be damned lol Plus, Sony is a publisher that already takes great risk with so many odd games and new IP, I think letting go of a already failed IP for something new to take a chance on is better then revisit something already tainted.

Reboots must be done carefully. That cult following would be triggered if they do anything wrong with that IP that they don't agree with. Be like "the dirt on Motorstorm map 2, area 23, ridge 3, 3rd turn was a haze of tortilla...NOT a hue of tawny, LEARN THE FUCKING DIFFERENCE SONY" lol

kyussman

If they really want to bring back Motorstorm they should create a new studio to do it properly......they could take everything we know from arcade racers of the past and evolve it for a new generation.....they could call it Evolution Studios.

Last edited:
Top Bottom