• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Rumor] Xbox Showcase Lineup Potentially Leaked

Fake or Real?

• Team Real

Votes: 95 26.6%
  • Team Fake

Votes: 262 73.4%

• Total voters

Banned
Obviously fake for numerous reasons -

1. These leaked lists are always fake, always. Show me one that has ever been true.

2. No way will they show that many games and that many big hitters at once. Its like a gamers wet dream. Not happening.

3. I'm looking forward to most of those games and i'm simply not a very lucky person, so again not happening.

4. They have to show something from Indianan Jones with the new film about to launch, even if it was just a teaser. It would make zero sense not to.

pretty sure there has been leaked lists before that were almost 100% accurate... I can't remember which one but I am pretty sure it was a Nintendo one 🤔 not 100% sure tho. I think there was also a Sony leaked list that was accurate

Last edited:
Everytime, I see someone say that they don't care about the list except for 1 or 2 or a few games, I kind of say (duh) in my head. There is not a single game show where everything is for everyone, it should be diverse enough that everyone see's something for them in the future.
Yeah I don't get it, a showcase is supposed to be for everybody. I don't give two shits about fighting games, but I'm happy for those who do if KI2 gets shown.

kaizenkko

If Microsoft manages to deliver a showcase with all these announcements, congratulations, it's going to be really cool!

But do you guys sincerely believe that? Like, it's too good to be true. Some things may even appear, but all? I doubt it.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
yeah but I'm talking about a press conference/event stream game list leaking...
I have a faint memory of one of those getting completely leaked beforehand 🤔 but I can't remember which one it was...
Summer Games Fest or something?

I know Geoff Grubb basically leaked some conference ahead of time.

Aaron Greenberg did say that none of the 1st party games would be all CGI trailers (all in-game or a mix of both in-game and cgi).
3rd party could be anything.

feynoob

Considering the two atlus leaks just now (and lies of P appearing at the summer games fest) it looks like we can comfortably file this one under fake.
Lies of P is still a gamepass game. We might see some more info. That doesnt mean its right one.

Mandalorian mmo is too suspicious.

j0hnnix

KI2 is already killer(no pun).. so many gets on gamepads...
Black Myth... That sus and throws the list out. We will see. That's a big showing.

Last edited:
If you needed more evidence it’s fake, Persona 3 Remake is called Reload, and Persona 5 Tactica is a confirmed reveal not on this list

So that it's easier to leak, duh.
So many damn leaks out here. Someone fix the leaks and fire these sorry ass plumbers.

sweating key and peele GIF

Katatonic

Why would it be hard to think it's real, even if it's not?

Not for nothing, but all I see is all of the yet to release Phase 1 stuff and some filler.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
If it's not a blurry off angle cellphone picture of something on a screen then it can't be real.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Lol, why is it most likely true? When are these lists ever true?
There might be more, but off the top of my head the only leakers who have been legit are: Insider guy who is rumoured to be a YT employee who sees whats coming up, and that old NTKRNL guy whose Xbox One laundry list was spot on (or at least like 90% right).

Laieon

The first AoE IV expansion and footage of of the AoM remake would immediately make this show far more interesting to me than any we've seen this summer.

I also joked about 1 vs 100 2 in a post a week or two ago, so that would be hilarious if that, out of all things, actually came back.

Last edited:

feynoob

There might be more, but off the top of my head the only leakers who have been legit are: Insider guy who is rumoured to be a YT employee who sees whats coming up, and that old NTKRNL guy whose Xbox One laundry list was spot on (or at least like 90% right).
This is a big showcase. They won't tolerate any leaks. Even Xbox leakers have nothing on their hands.

saintjules

If Microsoft manages to deliver a showcase with all these announcements, congratulations, it's going to be really cool!

But do you guys sincerely believe that? Like, it's too good to be true. Some things may even appear, but all? I doubt it.

I say they will have a better showcase than Playstation's 😏

reksveks

wait what? didn't Persona 3 remake in gamepass leak? and... isn't that what the leak says... I'm confused
Guess it depends on how much weight you put on the name and the fact that P5 tactica wasn't there on the leak.

I think it's fake but with some good guesses.

Banned
Guess it depends on how much weight you put on the name and the fact that P5 tactica wasn't there on the leak.

I think it's fake but with some good guesses.

maybe Tactica isn't part of the show, as it's a smaller spinoff and not the main attraction.

and naming can be a tricky one, we had leaked lists before with names that later changed, and we don't know how old this list could be.

so I don't think the Atlus leak pushes it one way or the other.

There sure are some salty Sony fanbois in this thread saying the list looks “meh”. This list would be a huge home run, even if Sony didn’t tank their own showcase earlier.

Too bad the list is fake though.
Why would they be salty? Who cares what anyone thinks of a fake list.

Has there ever been one of these lists for a Sony or Microsoft showcase listing all the games being there and it turned out to be real? We get these lists every time and they have a 100% rate of being made up shit.

Anyone trashing or praising THIS list, has nothing to do with the actual showcase, aside from the games we everyone already knew about.

feynoob

Why would they be salty? Who cares what anyone thinks of a fake list.

Has there ever been one of these lists for a Sony or Microsoft showcase listing all the games being there and it turned out to be real? We get these lists every time and they have a 100% rate of being made up shit.

Anyone trashing or praising THIS list, has nothing to do with the actual showcase, aside from the games we everyone already knew about.
I think someone leaked 2022 showcase if I remember correctly.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Oh we’re taking childish personal shots now…typical of an Xbox truther. No matter what I say about my particular game interests, you are going to argue them anyway. The list is not interesting to me except two games, I’m sorry I can’t better please you sir and/or maam.

You are contradicting yourself.

feynoob

You are contradicting yourself.
His interest must be small.

That is a huge list of games from different genre.

At least 3 games would meet the criteria for most people here.

Persona and jet set radio are good get for jrpg fans, while rpgs fans are eating good with avowed, fable and starfield.
Then you have wookong and lies of P for souls fans.

It's a balanced list. Too bad it's fake.

Famipan

I really hope they shadow drop the free PS5-patch of Fallout 4. I bought it again digital a long time ago just because of the rumored upgrade.

Top Bottom