• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Russia begins Invasion of Ukraine

p_xavier

Authorized Fister
rHbLjJO.jpg

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
The balls on the Ukrainians… they have crossed the Donetsk with a sizeable assault force and are securing the riverside while moving towards Vovchansk. They intend to either seize the city or take positions to neutralize supplies running through the city.

The orcs are now scrambling to send forces…

BlueHawk

Neo Member
It’s interesting seeing these events unfold. I can see why Putin feels threatened - there is a huge Capitalist World(West) with very different ideologies expanding around them and they are afraid to be sucked up into that world and lose their identities, and also there is still quite a large amount of Nazis.

Kenpachii

i had read somewhere that Mc'D's currently employed around 60,000 ruzzians and had basically furloughed them, paying them whilst closed, if Mc'D's have pulled out thats 60,000 young people instantly out of work with no income and no prospects of another job.. hell slap it into them, maybe spend of some that new found freedom and hopelessness for your future on fucking up the state through protest or setting fires

Or straight recruits for the army

Tams

It’s interesting seeing these events unfold. I can see why Putin feels threatened - there is a huge Capitalist World(West) with very different ideologies expanding around them and they are afraid to be sucked up into that world and lose their identities, and also there is still quite a large amount of Nazis.
A large amount of Nazis... u wot m8?!

Perhaps there's some fear for their percieved 'non-Capitalist' way of life, but ultimately this is about only one way of life - their greed and want for power.

Putin isn't one of the world's richest people for no reason.

Oh, and if we're going into a discussion about Communism; name one Communist that hasn't been an utter failure and a hellhole...

Last edited:

kurisu_1974

is on perm warning for being a low level troll

Neo member. Russian troll comments.

Checks all the boxes.

Putin is full of shit. The Western World was good enough for him when he was selling all his peoples wealth and hoarding it in the bank accounts of his wealthy friends. The Nazi line, just like the NATO line is also a crock used to try to excuse his actions. Don’t fall for anything that might explain how he “feels”,

A large amount of Nazis... u wot m8?!

Perhaps there's some fear for their percieved 'non-Capitalist' way of life, but ultimately this is about only one way of life - their greed and want for power.

Putin isn't one of the world's richest people for no reason.

Oh, and if we're going into a discussion about Communism; name one Communist that hasn't been an utter failure and a hellhole...
Have you watched Ukraine on Fire - not that I'm pro Russia or condoning anything, however it does give an insight into the framework as to why we may have got to this point, including right wing factions over the years borne out of Germany's involvment in Western Ukraine during WW2. Worth checking out...

Last edited:

Ironbunny

Democracy is what Putin and hes naZZi friends fears the most as it puts their lives and stolen money in risk. It will in the end also expose what they have been doing behind their and their peoples backs. Its not about identities. Ukraine people wanted to go towards west and EU but Viktor Yanukovych himself at the very end chose Ruzzia instead and decided to literally take RuZZias money. It would have also kept Put-in as the puppet master of Ukraine. Thats what the shit stain in Ruzzias lead still wants. What is this large amount of nazis and where are they? Elaborate this thought and by how you write it a fact? By what we have seen in these few months is that the actual naZZis live inside the borders of RuZZia and in the rotten expance that is now raping and killing the sovereign Ukraine.

Last edited:

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth

oh fuck off with your lame excuses.. threatened? afraid to be sucked up and lose their identities? They're fucking Ruzzians ffs, any dealings I've ever had with them in Turkey or Egypt usually resulted in me dragging their asses outa queues or pulling them from bars, the fuckwits think they are above everyone else and would often skip in front, rude wouldn't be the half of it, surprised i didn't knuckle a few of em tbh... anyways no point arguing with a moron like yourself who has drank the Putin koolaid, you're obviously completely fucking deluded

Facism

Russia's entire existence, from the day it was a small landlocked waste of time, to the massive country it is now, was built on destroying identities, cultures and peoples. Let's stop talking shyte.

winjer

Gold Member

Bullshit. Russia has a long history of pretending some existential threat, to justify invading it's neighbors.
Be it the imperial Russia, the USSR, or Putin's dictatorship. It's a long tradition of aggression, while trying to play the victim.

Romulus

Bait. No way in hell you believe theres 'a large amount of nazis.' How would they pose a threat to Russia without command and control? The Russian army is a prime example. Even IF there were millions of nazis they can't do anything without a supply chain and logistics of a proper military with government backing. They would be stuck in the wilderness in mud and out of fuel.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

You alright there, Tanky McTankerson?

You pro-Russian suck ups aren’t even trying to disguise your stupidity anymore, are you?

’quite a large amount of nazis’ 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Tams

Have you watched Ukraine on Fire - not that I'm pro Russia or condoning anything, however it does give an insight into the framework as to why we may have got to this point, including right wing factions over the years borne out of Germany's involvment in Western Ukraine during WW2. Worth checking out...
Mate, he just pines for the days of the USSR, only while keeping his pilfered wealth.

Yes, he's spent too much time isolated with only contact with dodgy people and yes men, and yes he's spent to much time in history books, but those are enablers, not motivation.

And you haven't addressed your silly Nazi comment. I'm pretty sure there are more Nazis/Neo-Nazis/Nazi-afficionados in Russia than any European country.

RAÏSanÏa

"The key topic for discussion with the UNHCR chief was the forcible deportation to Russia of more than 1,300,000 Ukrainians, including 223,000 children. I noted that long before the full-scale military invasion, the Russian Federation had been preparing to deport Ukrainian citizens to its territory," the Ukrainian ombudsperson said.

"I have documentary evidence of this with the addresses, names of responsible persons, the number of locations available in each. Today, 33% of locations in Russia are yet to be filled, so they are obviously not going to stop," said the ombudsperson.

wrBIVEr.gif

Facism

Rape, murder, and pillage, but not while looking cool like the Vikings*.

*Who were an utter bunch of cunts too, but did look cool and were competent.
The rus were originally vikings, weren't they?

Or am I chatting shyte, would love a correction if so.

Airbus Jr

Banned
Chief of the Defence Intelligence of Ukraine, Kyrylo Budanov, said that by mid-August the war would turn in favor of Ukraine, and by the end of the year, active hostilities would cease.

In addition, he said that Russia is already in the process of eliminating Vladimir Putin, and the Russian leader is seriously ill with cancer.

Wildebeest

The rus were originally vikings, weren't they?

Or am I chatting shyte, would love a correction if so.
Probably it means that at some point Kiev had hereditary rule by a foreign family from Sweden. It isn't like it was an empty territory that "viking explorers" discovered like in a cartoon.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
I don't know where to post this, but I have been listening to Kalush Orchestra, because I find Stefania song really great and I found this from them

And it's nothing short of incredible song.

Mate, he just pines for the days of the USSR, only while keeping his pilfered wealth.

Yes, he's spent too much time isolated with only contact with dodgy people and yes men, and yes he's spent to much time in history books, but those are enablers, not motivation.

And you haven't addressed your silly Nazi comment. I'm pretty sure there are more Nazis/Neo-Nazis/Nazi-afficionados in Russia than any European country.
No comment from me about Nazi's :/

...and its a little more complex than that anyway...

Bullshit. Russia has a long history of pretending some existential threat, to justify invading it's neighbors.
Be it the imperial Russia, the USSR, or Putin's dictatorship. It's a long tradition of aggression, while trying to play the victim.
Putin's dictatorship - yes, no one was going to invade Russia at least coz it has nukes, but imperial Russia and the USSR? Didn't Napoléon and Hitler almost conquered Moscow? And about pretending some existential threat... Putin has people to learn from:
FrG8lC1.jpg

winjer

Gold Member
Putin's dictatorship - yes, no one was going to invade Russia at least coz it has nukes, but imperial Russia and the USSR? Didn't Napoléon and Hitler almost conquered Moscow? And about pretending some existential threat... Putin has people to learn from:
FrG8lC1.jpg

Those are the only times, when Russia was really in threat. Russia has been playing the victim for centuries.
Napoleon did take Moscow, but that was not the capital at the time. It was St. Peterburg.
Hitler got close to Moscow, some German soldiers claimed they could see the spires of the St Basil's Cathedral. But never took it.

Do you realize that all European empires have already decolonized during the XX century. The great exception is Russia, that still maintains an empire across Eurasia.
And it's trying to make it even bigger, by re-conquering countries that once belonged to Russia.
Can you imagine England, France, Portugal, Spain, Germany, Belgium, demanding that their former colonies would have to be conquered again, and all those people to subject themself to outside rule. Again.

Havoc2049

Jesus Christ.. the Nazi narrative again.. And everyone in Norway is a church burning murderous Satanist.. No, fuck off with that retarded shit.
New Rule: Stop calling everyone under the sun a Nazi. Reading just this thread you would think the Russians, Le Pen and 40% of the French people, the Ukrainians, Trump and 49% of the American population are all Nazis. What is with the Russians and some unsrupulous Western politicians and tons of dim witted people justifying their world views because of, "The Nazis!"?

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
Definitely not one of the worst takes that this thread has produced, but definitely one of the dumbest.

Good lord.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Last edited:
Top Bottom